Reviews for Playing the Part
Twink423 chapter 3 . 9/4/2012
Loving this Edward. Loving to hate Jane - what a beyotch! I sure hope Edward doesn't lose his beautiful children.
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Playing The Part has been nominated in the Top Ten Completed Fics for August 2012 on www . twifanfictionrecs . com ;-)
DeeFC chapter 14 . 9/1/2012
I loved the ending of the story, even though I too am sad to see it end. What a beautiful, happy family they have built.

Thank you for all your fics, hope you're feeling better these days.
reve2weaver chapter 14 . 8/29/2012
I really, really liked this story. Rarely do you find an author who can keep the chemistry between the protagonists, and isn't afraid to let the characters stay imperfect. Rather than having a pregnancy 'fix' these lovers, and make everything 'perfect', the unplanned pregnancy remained true to what it is in the real world: a challenge even in perfect conditions.
I also liked that Jane's mental health issues where not 'fixed' by a single hospital stay, nor meds as the magic bullet. People with mental issues face significant challenges, and it takes everyone's understanding of the issues they face, which I think was realistically portrayed in this story. Rather than have Jane (easily) demonized as the bombastic and hated 'ex', I appreciated that it focused on that fact her problems stemmed from a medical issue. Thank you for addressing that difficult topic with such aplomb, and not feeling the need to make it all perfect at the end for Jane.
I also liked that Bella met with resistance from her family, as this happens, all too often. Blended families have all kinds of ups and downs (Aimee's negative reaction and outbursts were amazing and realistic portrayals) and not in the least is pressures from extended family. Best of all, Bella and Edward remained tender and loving, without formulaic gymnastics. They went from hot, intense lovers, to find themselves thrown in the middle of family drama. Best of all, we watched them learn to cope, and a problem wasn't immediately resolved with a steamy sex scene and 'I love you, too'. There connection was forged, and this made their love more tangible, and rewarding to read.
It's in these imperfections that the story, and characterizations, were at their most compelling, and truly came to life. Kudos! Great writing.
kmfroggi chapter 14 . 8/23/2012
beautiful ending! gonna miss these guys too, specially aimee, she was a character for a while there! lol
farsideomoon chapter 14 . 8/23/2012
Sweet story, thanks so much for writing?
meadow11 chapter 14 . 8/23/2012
I absolutely loved this story! thanks so much for sharing!
farsideomoon chapter 11 . 8/22/2012
Well, some times we have todo the tuff love. I'm so glad he called 911. It seems it could of been Kate calling & getting her committed or Jane's Dad though. I'm sure it will mean more though now that her & Edward have had their closure.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/22/2012
Love :)
meadow11 chapter 7 . 8/22/2012
things are so messy right now... I feel bad for everyone involved :(
meadow11 chapter 6 . 8/22/2012
oooooohhhhh!
meadow11 chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
damn! this is one intense ride!
meadow11 chapter 2 . 8/21/2012
Edward's dealing with a lot, huh? he's all over the place :(
meadow11 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
oh Edward :(
farsideomoon chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
Now we're talking? That's the way to get a backbone Edward.
916 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »