Reviews for The End of the Beginning
CuteWhiteBunny chapter 3 . 9/24
"everything still looked like a next generation video game" is one of the best descriptions I've ever seen. :D
And the rest of the fic is great too.
Brainless Genius chapter 3 . 2/17
This is a nice little story! I can totally see Doof thinking it would be a good idea to raise himself as his own (and how does that even work, anyway?) but failing at it miserably if he succeeded in adopting himself in the first place. Your characterization of Mini!Doof was certainly not what I expected, but it was believable in that he probably would be pretty soft-spoken, since he'd be afraid of facing retribution for anything he said. Plus, that provides a decent explanation for why he's so hammy as an adult- he was always being told to shut up as a kid! Also: Roger is a JERK.
I think what I like most about this, though, is how Perry reacts to the situation. He immediately befriends Mini!Doof, and at any rate, the image of a platypus giving someone a hug is too much for my heart to take. :)
Guest chapter 3 . 12/27/2015
This was great! It took me a while to figure out the ending but when I did it was really sweet. I don't know where in canon you intended this to take place, but to me it comes off as being really early on. Perry doesn't quite seem to know what to think of Dr. Doofenshmirtz yet. Everybody was really in character and the plot was neat. Great job!
8annie81 chapter 3 . 7/18/2015
Really sweet ending.
8annie81 chapter 2 . 7/18/2015
I want to scoop kid Doofensmirtz up and take him myself. His parents are aweful.
Inspector Spinda chapter 3 . 12/13/2014
the first two chapter were really good, but you could have done better with the ending. doof could have talked a bit more with his younger self. or maybe the young doof or his older self should come to some sort of realization rather than doof giving up and returning to his own time so soon
readerdreamer5625 chapter 3 . 10/11/2014
...This can't be called humor.

It's pure gold. Nothing less.

After all... These tears falling from my eyes aren't my imagination, correct?

*takes a deeeeep breath* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Maeve Moonstone chapter 3 . 1/16/2014
Phineas really is a lot like Heinz..
Riya Morut chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
Aww, can't handle the cuteness! And the "Auf Wiedersehen" was a nice touch. Great job!
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I read your summary and just had to dive in to the story. What a neat concept! And I enjoyed this line:

"'(And I...) Well, I've...' He laughed, nervously. '(I've come to talk to you about your son.)' He was particularly out of practice at pronouncing the parentheses."

Congratulations. You actually made me guffaw. :D
flairina chapter 3 . 2/20/2012
Aww... poor Doofenshmirtz. Very nice story. :)
PS2wizard chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
Awww, great story. Let's just hope their adventure into the past didn't mess up the future too much.
the sudoku kid chapter 3 . 8/19/2011
I loved reading this, you did a nice job. Keep up the good work.
typewriter chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I just want to say that I loved this story. It was a good idea and it was really well written.
The QAS chapter 3 . 4/12/2011
Aw . . . *sniffles* that was beautiful. It was an excellent idea, though. Well-written and expressed perfectly. Good job.