Reviews for The End of the Beginning
8annie81 chapter 3 . 7/18
Really sweet ending.
8annie81 chapter 2 . 7/18
I want to scoop kid Doofensmirtz up and take him myself. His parents are aweful.
Inspector Spinda chapter 3 . 12/13/2014
the first two chapter were really good, but you could have done better with the ending. doof could have talked a bit more with his younger self. or maybe the young doof or his older self should come to some sort of realization rather than doof giving up and returning to his own time so soon
readerdreamer5625 chapter 3 . 10/11/2014
...This can't be called humor.

It's pure gold. Nothing less.

After all... These tears falling from my eyes aren't my imagination, correct?

Maeve Moonstone chapter 3 . 1/16/2014
Phineas really is a lot like Heinz..
Riya Morut chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
Aww, can't handle the cuteness! And the "Auf Wiedersehen" was a nice touch. Great job!
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I read your summary and just had to dive in to the story. What a neat concept! And I enjoyed this line:

"'(And I...) Well, I've...' He laughed, nervously. '(I've come to talk to you about your son.)' He was particularly out of practice at pronouncing the parentheses."

Congratulations. You actually made me guffaw. :D
flairina chapter 3 . 2/20/2012
Aww... poor Doofenshmirtz. Very nice story. :)
PS2wizard chapter 3 . 11/1/2011
Awww, great story. Let's just hope their adventure into the past didn't mess up the future too much.
the sudoku kid chapter 3 . 8/19/2011
I loved reading this, you did a nice job. Keep up the good work.
typewriter chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I just want to say that I loved this story. It was a good idea and it was really well written.
The QAS chapter 3 . 4/12/2011
Aw . . . *sniffles* that was beautiful. It was an excellent idea, though. Well-written and expressed perfectly. Good job.
digigirl02 chapter 3 . 12/31/2010
Aww, poor Doofy. He sounds really cute as a kid though.
Glittering Turquoise chapter 3 . 7/26/2010
Nice ending dude! Dr. Doofensmirtz may have failed his plan but...he gets used to it.
Cezille07 chapter 3 . 7/25/2010
I LOVE THIS. It's all sentimental and comic as anyone would like a Doof-centered fic to be. (Argh, sorry, I'm being incoherent; this made me really want to hug Heinz... ;D )

Ugh. So anyway: You've captured more than their personalities. It lingers on the environment (describing Doofenshmirtz's hometown as brown for reasons other than cinematic effect was a nice touch!) and the characters' thoughts, and that made it very interesting. Even Perry, who couldn't speak, was well-expressed. Heinz's loss of words at times awesome. Making the parenthesized speeches like translations I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's all fitting.

Come chapter 2, the hype just escalated exponentially. Yeah, it was very natural for little Heinz to feel attached to Perry after everything so far that's happened to him. And ahh, we have Roger being a jerk at such a young age. Tsk tsk. ;)

And the ending. I got a bit lost somewhere along their farewells; I didn't quite get why Doof was justifying why "auf wiedersehen" (did I spell it right?) rather awkwardly. But it was nice and touching. It saddens me that both the past and present Heinz still concluded on a depressing note.

(Okay, seriously, I'd have given a more comprehensive review, but that's all I got... Only few works like this shake me up. Great job.) ;)

Have a nice day! ;D