Reviews for Slipping Between Worlds
Moriko no Hikari chapter 30 . 7/10
Tourette's has nothing to do with uncontrollable swearing. That's corprolalia. (I should know, as I've GOT the old twitchy T leaning on my shoulder. Mine has thankfully diminished over time.) It causes tics, and the verbal ones are grunting, NOT swearing. It also causes physical tics, which may make the sufferer dangerous to themselves or others depending on the severity. I once had a classmate who would scold inanimate objects, had tic fits that resembled seizures, and somehow still 'graduated' seventh grade. We were all terrified of him.
Evan chapter 52 . 5/25
Excellent work! Do you plan on finishing this?
Evan chapter 49 . 5/24
I know that this is a bit of necro-posting, but for a work so good in other respects, I feel compelled to help improve it. Namely, Mr. Pump speaks in All Capital Words, And Does Not Use Nearly So Many Exclamation Points. Besides that, excellent work!
Say This Pen Name Is Available chapter 52 . 10/9/2014
Definitely an interesting read. It had it's own very military inspired flavour and it was certainly informative. Certain elements of the world building didn't fit personally, some of the Disc/Earth analogies were very one to one where they could have been more mixed and multilayered and Johanna does end up stealing a lot of the spotlight. In addition Holtack's behavior sometimes felt too perfect. But these aren't awful, the made up cultures and countries are well thought out and they're both generally good characters. It's mostly personal preference. Overall it seemed like a good story. The original characters were very interesting and I ended up learning a lot from the references scattered through the story. There were lots of genuinely funny bits and while it did drag at times with lots of exposition the plot is intriguing and comprehensible. Sally was an especial standout, she comes across as quite vibrant.
Parker chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
The 'sep' thing always amuses me. Yank is short for Yankee, which is a Southern man's rendition of a New Amsterdam Dutch rendition of 'John Cheese,' which meant an Englishman straight off of the boat. The Duke of York fed his English emigrants nothing but wormy red cheese and water on the voyage and no one was considered quite as worthless as John Cheese, or Yon Cheese when he staggered off of the boat. Just like Scots don't like being told that they live in the UK and so must be English, a lot of Americans do not like being called Yankees. Yankees come from the miserable Commonwealth of New England, a cold place full of foul grasping arrogant intolerable goddamnedyankees.
hankbernath chapter 52 . 5/27/2014
very enjoyable. is there going to be any more, say on any attempts to send everybody back to roundworld...before the explosion maybe.? I would like to know how McElroy makes out...or not
or
hankbernathmsn chapter 16 . 4/30/2014
sorry it's me again ...
"...– and you can have a be here, long as you need " did you mean ...a bed here?
hankbernathmsn chapter 16 . 4/30/2014
"He story is, mun, they have opened a window ..."
did you mean to write...The story is,...?
mithras90 chapter 35 . 4/29/2014
Oh I love this...it's such a shame it can't be published, even as part of Pterry's estate and Discworld. It's so good - and so funny!
hankbernath chapter 3 . 4/8/2014
"...common atrand in leters ..." seems to be a glitch here, but i'm not quite sure... and 'letters'?
GuesssWho chapter 52 . 4/2/2014
The bit about bail conditions made me burst out laughing. I love this fic.
semke 11 chapter 52 . 4/2/2014
Ah, worth the long wait. I am still curious where this is going)
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
I think that everyone in Ireland knows damn well how to deal the witches and Fair Folk. You almost have to, in the magic places of the world.
GuesssWho chapter 51 . 11/1/2013
More please!

Have we done the fingerprints joke yet? I forget.
Mary Craig chapter 51 . 7/23/2013
Happy egg :-) a new chapter, and it's a rich one too. It pulls in strands and weaves them into the whole.
A sort of tidy up before the story goes where though ?
Good stuff, an interesting read, and I'm really glad that this tale continues.
Thank you for writing and posting.
Kind regards,