Reviews for Addicted to You
Ice Drop chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
I read this some time ago without having read your other stories in the WE continuity, and it was a good read. I love Jazz and Prowl, and good fics are always a nice find.

I finally finished Where You and I Collide yesterday and came back to this story today. And suddenly there was even more depth to this little fic. I can not wait for WYaIC to reach this point!
Raeka23 chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
Today I heard 'Addicted' by Aviici on the radio, and immediately remembered this fic :) It's been a while since I've read it last time, btw, you made me ship these two together, Jazz/Prowl is my flagship, and I'm going down with it. All aboard!
Alana-kittychan chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Nice very nice :3
Fangthehedgewolf chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
...I just watched the new Robocop...

(Murphy beat the machine!). X) (way better than the original!)

Sorry...totally off the I just HAD to tell someone!
couriosity chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Funny how Jazz sees love as an addiction.
TheGhost129 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
...Uh...No comment.. .
CatsPrivateBedroom chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Well Done
GrowlingPeanut chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Their relationship is certainly a strange one, is it not?

Sorry Prowl, even you have to give in to Jazzy sometimes. ;P
sierpinsky chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
"Don't you have something you should be doing?"

"Yeah, you."

BEST. LINE. EVER.

PJ lovin is yummy. I love your epic writing style. Suits this piece really well.
ElementalFallenStar chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
THAT WAS SO HOTLY AWSOME!
Silver chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
So. Fragging. HOT.

Listened to this song this morning! Totally new meaning to it.

You are a genuis. I luvs you. x3
femme4jack chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
That was intensely hot. Prowl losing control is just...mrrrr. Very nicely done.
Fa-la-la-la-lah la-la lah lah chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Part TEN (final)

Office shenanigans are always worth it, silly Jazz. Delightfully written scene, as usual, and as usual, I really, really don’t know what to say about it. It was fun? It WAS fun P

And there it is – the masterful oneshot comes full-circle to the beginning. Now we know that it’s not just Jazz that’s addicted, but Prowl too, and they are together in all of this. They’re both ‘fragging addicted’, as you said right up there at the beginning. No cure – no need for a cure. It’s its own cure.

Beautiful ending line. Beautiful piece. Perfect present with which to have rewarded your loyal reviewers *hug*

Now... I am devoid of wit. This will have to be a witless ending. This review really took it out of me, and I just realized how many chapters behind I am on LG. As such, it will not be getting monster reviews, but rather depressingly average ones. I hope you know that doesn’t mean I think any less of them than I do of this oneshot. If time allowed (if my brain’s capacity for analytics before poofing into a rather spectacular mass of goo allowed), every chapter you write would be reviewed like this one was at the beginning. In case you’re interested in statistics, no I did not manage to keep up with my 1:138 word ratio that began at the first line, but the final product is one of 1:4.6 (discounting the second half, when I was running on fumes, the ratio is 1:13), which I still think is worth a pat on the... brain goo. This was so much fun, and I really did enjoy this oneshot – totally worth the obscenely long wait _

*glomp*
Deck the halls n Prowl w holly chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Part NINE

Then right the way back to that very beginning line, but now the mystery is solved. We know it all. We have all the information. ‘An addiction was fostered and fed’ – an amazing, life-altering, world-changing addiction to your other half and the best thing that had ever happened in the lives of either one of them. This addiction is so different, not least because it’s something ‘fostered’, cared for like one would a precious child, and ‘fed’, like any sort of plant, animal, flame – anything that requires upkeep. And of course this notion of feeding implies that its growth need never stop. Their obsession will continue as long as they both shall live.

And then you bring it back to the idea of an addiction as something had by an addict – and what does the addict need? The fix, of course. And Jazz, ‘the wild thing’, perhaps the wildest bot on the face of the planet, would of course be a very exuberant junkie. And after all, if your obsession and addition is a love this unbelievably powerful, why would you ever not want to be feeding it?

‘Like now’. Ho boy, we’re about to see some NSFW content. That’s okay. I’m at home. Bring on the explicit content. My brain is about to explode from the effort of typing out this review thus far, and I just opened the chapter on a web page (I’ve been deleting stuff from a Word document as I comment on it), and realized – holy crap, I’m not even half-way through this chapter XD Bring on the mindless p0rn! I can’t comment on it (I think my head really would explode if I tried), but I can surely enjoy it 8D

Enter Prowl. The first time we’ve seen him during this entire narrative. No, wait, actually, we haven’t seen him quite yet; we just know he’s there. It’s really rather interesting to be seeing him from this perspective, having been hearing about what an incredible person he is for such a long time, and here he is, in the... armour! Jazz’s addiction, obsession, love. The guy has been musing about how wonderful their interactions are, and how good they are for each other, their little perfectly matches spars both mental and otherwise that keep them fine-tuned and at the top of their game.

It’s therefore almost a shock when Jazz proposes one of these interludes that we’re been trained to see as being so darn awesome – and Prowl turns it down flat. ‘No.’ ... No? Is something wrong, here? Ah, but then I realize I’m not giving them enough credit. Hasn’t Jazz just spent the past however many paragraphs telling me how he loves it when Prowl challenges him, particularly when he’s at his ‘most tempting’, and so many other bots would just be swooning all over the place at his immense charm and appeal? What kind of a challenge would the guy be if he conceded instantly every time Jazz made a suggestion, hmm? There’s the Prowl Jazz loves so much. Not only is he issuing a challenge, but a ‘sexy little’ one. Oh Jazz, you strange creature, we love you so XD Holding little conversations with Prowl inside your head – he knows him so well that he doesn’t even need to hear Prowl speaking to know what he’s saying. And what he’s saying... well, okay, it’s a pretty sexy little challenge. ‘I dare you to change my mind, Jazz. If you're half the mech you think you are, change my mind. Do it. I dare you.’ Sounds like a challenge to me! A most excellent one indeed. ‘Imagination’, right. ‘Determination’ sounds more like it – if Jazz wants his Prowl, well then by golly he’s going to get his Prowl no matter what said Prowl has to say to the contrary. He wants Jazz to change his mind? Consider it changed XD I love also that Prowl is a bot unlikely to express himself eloquently... at all, particularly when it comes to affairs of the heart and the seat of emotions – and you point out of course that Jazz has just ‘the right kind of imagination’ to glean exactly what Prowl means to say from the least of information. They’re perfectly suited to communicate with each other.

He’s right, Prowl – ‘because’ is not an answer. You’d get yelled at in school for that nonsense. How very illogical of you. Oh baby, if you are indeed trying to get Jazz to leave, you're doing a poor job. You’re even getting me curious about what it would take to get you to change your mind, and I have no interest in getting into your... armour. Jazz, you kinky thing, you. You’re actually getting turned on by Prowl being obtuse XD It’s so sweet that he’s willing to make concessions for Prowl such as this – overlooking humiliation or dismissal is darn difficult, but of course Jazz is looking at this through his, ‘Prowl is Issuing Sexy Challenge’ goggles, so it’s not a problem. It’s not a dismissal, but an invitation to try harder, slacker. Or so Jazz seems to be reading it. That doesn’t quite appear to be what Prowl means – he is working, after all P

Aw, that’s a good line, Jazz man. That’s a good line. ‘Ah want the best. That’s why Ah’m here.’ An excellent line, actually. I might note that one down for future reference. You great big charmer, you. And it worked! Success! Huzzah! Prowl is looking up from his work with a different light in his eyes. We all know what that light is! *nudge nudge* In his ‘too-sharp, too-enticing optics’ – you phrase it like it’s a bad thing, but we know now that both his diamond-sharp perception and his addictive self are what Jazz adores so much about him. Couple that with a sexy smirk that you’re not quite allowed to see? Forget about it. A taunting, teasing Prowl. Only with Jazz D It’s so small, you make sure we realise that this almost-smirk is just about a nothing, ‘not quite a crack’ in his shell, but Jazz is just so delightfully far gone that this non-smirk is enough to get him ‘hooked anew’. Jazz my sweet, you are whipped. I love you that way.

Round One – won by Jazz. There will be funky time. Now to win Round Two and get that ‘later’ pushed up to NOW.

Just keep staring that wonderful stare, Jazzy. It’s working its magic... let it loose. You’re wearing him down – and I suspect you know it.

Prowl, you filthy boy! Lol, their back-and-forth is making me smile. Really, Prowl, you think you can be all sexy and spew out your double-entendres left and right and then expect Jazz to wait until the end of your shift to cash in that sexy little promise in your eyes? I think not! And now you’re making Jazz think about how much he loves loving you... yeah, I think there’s no escape for you by this point. ‘Passion to melt the sun’. Where do you come up with this? That is so poetic, so very extreme and yet so far removed from any cliché that it’s just so powerful without any cheese or corn or other such undesirable foodstuff. I bet the room is heating up, you foxy pair.

‘He wasn’t the kind of mech to purposely deny gratification when it was sitting right in front of him’. Yeah, Prowl is screwed. He can turn Jazz on just be being – and there he is sitting in front of him being all almost-smirky and smutty. You’re going to have to take a break from your work very soon, sweetheart. Why would he stop staring at you, Prowl? You and I both know he’s going to jump you just as soon as he can’t stand it anymore XD

Shame for Jazz that Prowl has such extreme self-control. Just another way in which they manage to balance each other out.

I feel we’re getting into T-rated territory. This is good. I feel like I need a treat after typing all that out. My brain is literally goo. I’m desperately trying to keep giving you proper reviewing, but I’m rapidly running out of steam. Do please excuse my comments becoming sparser from this point on.

It’s so sweet that Jazz looks over Prowl’s frame and is forced again and again to say how plain and not-at-all-special it is – and yet despite that he’s totally hot for it. It’s the Prowl in the frame that he’s interested in. Prowl could probably be the most malformed SOB on the planet, and Jazz would still be giving him the stiff one-eye. Aw, it’s so sweet when you finally come out with it – Prowl’s not all that special on the outside, but oh on the inside he is filled with ‘enthralling beauty’. Jazz, you are so far gone. He’s turned on by Prowl’s confusion. Baby, baby, you’re so insanely in love it’s way past adorable. Prowl, if you knew half of what was going through Jazz’s head right now, you would already be leaping for the other side of the desk. How could anyone resist someone who loves them that much?

Completely fragging addicted, Jazz my darling. You’re right – there is no hope for you. You might as well just go with it _

Whoa Jazz, whoa. You do not mess with the Prowl’s datapads O_O

‘An enthralling mixture of anger and lust’. Yep, Jazz will do that to a person. AHAH! I told you Prowl would be leaping over the desk! Didn’t I say? 8D

Of course he couldn’t wait, Prowler. You had ME blushing with the force of JAZZ’S love for you. How could you possibly expect Jazz himself to resist you? Ah well, at least Prowl is seeing the humour in all of this. Maybe Jazz will indeed be getting himself some nookie after all.

Hah, are they fighting or foreplaying? I can’t even tell XD

Okay, the p0rn has begun. We will return to our irregularly scheduled reviewing after these messages. Over to you, Jazz and Prowl.

***

See Part TEN (final)
This is a BEAST chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Part EIGHT

But of course, understanding a person is a strong step towards liking them. As you say, with a perfect sense of the simple progression, ‘understanding became enjoyment’. It’s not enough to understand a person to become close to them. But they’re so well attuned, of course it’s only logical that Jazz would begin to like this person who is filling up gaping holes in himself he’d been so carefully and blindly ignoring. But it’s not just ‘like’ – ‘enjoyment’. It’s something far more active and engaging. It’s fun, and entertaining. How long had it been since Jazz could say he actually enjoyed the company of anyone? The Decepticons aren’t known for being especially chummy, and Jazz would be the least likely one there to be ‘chummy’ in any sort of degree. The idea of it is even kind of ridiculous. And the enjoyment morphs yet again, into an ‘electric tingle that shot down his spinal column every time Prowl entered a room’. I take it now that we’ve made a substantial time jump up into the timeline of “Where You and I Collide”, where they learn to love each other. We all know what’s coming, But as Jazz says, it all happened ‘slowly but surely’. It wasn’t rapid, but it was inevitable. I love that this particular zing of electricity doesn’t even require the pair of them to be touching, like your average couple would be. It’s so powerful that it doesn’t even take eye contact. All Jazz has to do is see his Prowl and he’s gone. And then when they do make that eye contact, ‘it meant a new challenge’; they’re still mental foes, but on a sort of friendly ground now. They’re challenges for each other in a world that offers each little in the way of a cerebral workout. ‘A new game’ – they enjoy each other, they enjoy their interactions and the puzzle that each presents the other. This idea of ‘every time their optics met’ a ‘new challenge... a new game’ occurred, shows us that their relationship is always fresh and changing and engaging. How could you not fall for your partner in a relationship like that? Their engagements are a ‘meeting of the minds’, their challenges are of a kind no other bot could present for either of them, and they’re both powerful enough that they don’t feel the need to dull or dim anything down; they can let loose ‘no holds barred’. Perhaps they can even show their true selves with no holds barred, like they can’t do with anybody else, anybody who wouldn’t or couldn’t understand. I love that their games have no rules, ‘no move out of bounds’, meaning they can always be testing their boundaries and discovering their own capacities by testing themselves against each other. The pair of them are so very powerful – you refer to them as mighty ‘titans at war’, but more than that; that they ‘clashed’ like these titans, adding to that great sense of mythology. These people are the stuff of legends. Inhumanly... incybertronianly... powerful beings. Perfectly matched to each other, each the best in their field, and both equals. Their battles are epics, ending with ‘aftermath’, implying enormous effect, damage, strewn mental armour – or just an exertion. The ability to let loose knowing that your opponent won’t break under your attack. So you are able to smirk at them with shared understanding of how you help each other. They can’t truly be enemies or even rivals anymore, because it’s the way you say they ‘still could smirk at each other’ that implies that others could not – their situation is different, is special.

Then it moves faster through their stages. Their camaraderie progresses of course through their testing of each other into a ‘mild partnership’, where each makes use of the other for their own ends. The mild partnership becomes a straight out ‘partnership’ without you – and therefore most likely the characters – even acknowledging it changing. Which progresses to friendship, inevitably. Which, also inevitably, grows into more. How could it not, when these two bots are truly so special and unique to each other? They are the perfect pair, as you’ve been mentioning to us all along. You put it so perfectly without even having to say anything: their ‘friendship became... more’. It doesn’t even need description. Perhaps it cannot be described. These two are, after all, pretty complicated bots.

And there it is – Jazz’s moment of realization. I could call it anagnorisis, except of course for the fact that it is in no way tragic. Perhaps peripeteia would be more appropriate – this is The Moment. The turning moment. When Jazz comes to the realization that ‘without Prowl, there was no Jazz’ and, in perfect balance, ‘without Jazz, there was no Prowl’. They are inextricably linked, those roots dug in so tightly. I also believe this is the first moment in which you've really indicated that Prowl is in this same boat with Jazz – up until this point you’ve presented it all from Jazz’s perspective, and it’s been rather one-sided, but now we know for certain that Prowl is just as deeply invested in this relationship as Jazz is. They are now a pair. A couple. They come together as a perfect little set. Its progression has made so much sense, and it just adds to that wonderful idea of inevitability.

The paradox in the next sentence is great: ‘they were polar opposites with more in common than either would care to admit’. It’s so true, because these two are so very complex and tricky characters to pin down, that in so many ways they are complete opposites – and yet, at that exact same time they are so similar. And it’s so funny the way you say that neither of them will admit that they have so much in common – the flaws you see in someone else, after all, are the things you dislike most about yourself. Of course they wouldn’t want to admit all the things they have in common XD You go on to describe what it is about them that makes them such opposites in that same manner that you were speaking about Jazz before, with each of them as embodiments of their chosen way of living. There is no middle ground, here: ‘one lived for logic and order, the other loved to throw caution to the wind and still come out on top’. There’s a sort of mimesis in that sentence there, as when you talk about the being of logic it’s in simple, concise language – Prowl lived for logic and order. It’s very clipped and clear. Logical and ordered. And then when you talk about the character who lives for chaos, the sentence itself is somewhat chaotic and filled with far more text than is actually needed to make the point. It’s too ordered to say that Jazz ‘lived to win by any means’. You point out that he operates by forgetting any notions of caution – and therefore logic and planning – and still winning because he is just that good. It’s delightfully convoluted, but gets the point across anyway, much in the same manner as Jazz works.

Now you go back to the point I mentioned in passing a moment ago that the pair of them are at the absolute tops of their respective games, ‘supremely elite’ and so very awesome. They’re worthy of each other. But they’re so good, so elevated that they ‘stood apart from the rest’. Whereas in the past this is perhaps something Jazz would have relished, here you make it out to be not such a great thing. Isolation, rather than pure excellence. ‘Too different to be understood by others’. Oh, how I love that ‘to others’ at the end there. You make it so clear that for these two, their only option is each other, because they’re the only ones who can understand how they work and function. And furthermore, you say that they both really come with a built-in desire for a challenge, and you’ve spent just about the whole story so far detailing how they are the only two who are even remotely capable of providing that challenge for each other. They satisfy each other’s ‘primal, passionate calling’. (You know you meant it that way. Even if it was only subconsciously D) It’s interesting that you use this one phrase for the both of them, showing another similarity and through something that one would not associate with the face Prowl particularly shows everyone– a primal and passionate Prowl? The others would likely have meltdowns. But Jazz is the same way. He gets it, and he gets what it entails to suppress and hide the desires you have inside you, even for something so simple and mundane as a challenge, to be ‘worked raw for the satisfaction’. (You’re giving my under-developed dirty mind plenty of fodder for growth, here XD) But either way, this calling of their is something that only the other half of their friendship can provide for them, which is all well and good, that they are good for keeping each other sharp and tuned – but then you choose to end this with the fact that they can find ‘solace in each other’. Solace. It’s an interesting word, really. It means reassurance and consolation, perhaps camaraderie and understanding, comfort. It’s so calm in the way it looks with all its curved letters, and the way it sounds with its sibilants and its long vowel sounds. This calm is only to be found for these two in each other. That is a powerful statement of dependence and mutual benefit. The pair are in a symbiotic relationship of the most commanding kind.

And after all of these steps and twists and turns – you still remind us that all of this really has been remarkably simple. ‘Just like that, obsession was founded’. We return to this word ‘obsession’, which I gave something of an examination earlier in this... essay, and now it is fully apparent that this obsession is fully founded, fully understandable, and that it really is a good thing. This obsession is them realizing that they fit together absolutely perfectly, and that there’s no reason for them to ever have to be apart. It’s obsession, it’s devotion.

Seee Part NINE