Reviews for Pretend
ColdHeartedWriter chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
"Even when she's standing still, she exudes a sort of dangerous grace that one can't help but feel. "

This is very in-character, great job!
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I loved Bella's characterization. It was very powerfull, and haunting, in a different sort of way. Her devotion to Voldemort was very very well potrayed and her relationship with her husband was also well done. I particularly loved this line:

There is no room in her Lord's heart for love, and she knows it, but cannot escape it.

What really helped make the story work for me was the way it was written.. The vocablary was very good, and the usage of each and every word was perfect :D

The only thing that bugged me slightly was that I don't see Bella the type to love herself. She may attracted towards Voldemort, be devoted to him, but in the end, all she lusts for is power, not love.
HerTaintedQuill chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
It portrayed the Bellatrix well. However, this only explored the “surface” of her. In the book, she is described as a beautiful woman. That’s correct. Her cause of obsession with Tom Riddle Jr. was never explained. Is it because she had a mental disorder, she fell under a spell, or even her parents manipulated her? What did Bellatrix did to make her personality and capability different from Andromeda and Narcissa? What occurred in Andromeda’s childhood that caused her prejudices to disappear? The sisters’ upbringing are the same. They were taught to hate muggles and muggle-borns. How did Ted Tonks affected her and why?

Back to the fic, the third paragraph has some confusing wording and syntax. I’m sure you can find it. It displayed Riddle’s feel of “possession” really well. Perhaps, you could expand on the “feline” concept. You can illustrate the wild side of her because your fic looked at the tame and warm side of her personality.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
That was brilliant. Your characterisation was exactly right, and I loved your style. The story flowed naturally and was a pleasure to read. I found it especially interesting that Voldemort was referred to as 'Tom', because it showed a certain human aspect to both of them. The story was very powerful, and one of the best Bellamort pieces that I've ever read. Great job.
bluestargem chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Beautifully written. I love how it's unrequited and so realistic, and I really can feel Bellatrix's emotions and longing and her attempts at convincing herself that Voldie loves her too. Really well-written - this is one of the few Bellatrix/Voldemort fics that I actually like :)
Intoxicated-Eyes chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Oh my. Wonderful! *Applauds* I love it. I liked the comparison of Bellatrix to a feline. :D And the emotion... I love.