Reviews for So I Met John Porter
Mahmooda chapter 12 . 9/23/2016
KiplingKat, my sincere thanks for posting this story!
I see it has been years now since you have posted, but I got a bit fixated about Strike Back just this Spring, and I was through the only some weeks ago to find your writing at the end of this page.
I share your view on Mary Sue and I like the way you led your characters in developing the relationships, it was just so natural, consistent with psychological reasoning. I think I have got the message about the way you see and understand John Porter, through the lenses you have mentioned. I like Kip’s character, this mixture of a bit of feminist (oh yes, she can say a word!) and soft womanly creature, blushing and finally surrendering in strong men’s arms. With definitely realistic look, not an idealized Barbie doll ;-)
I have immensely enjoyed your story, as it is so well written, in wonderful language and quite rich in words I needed to look up in a dictionary, as a non-native ;-) I learned some new, like “clusterfucka disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking”, thanks.
Honestly, I do not have a clue about sailing and in fact I have never liked marine adventure books a lot. So I was a bit lost sometimes, and thanks for the explanation chapter. It would be good to read it first, I admit I did not notice it at the beginning. Nevertheless, this setting of your drama gave me the pleasant opportunity to be on a ship in such exotic and beautiful locations.
And yes, you smexy scenes are wonderful. I was literally annoyed by this pestering lag until they finally reached a bed, but well, I know you did it on purpose, you are a teaser! Well, of course, on a crowded ship, with the assassins in the background it may not be so easy, life is brutal… Poor, distracted John…
And the last but not least, I was surprised by his reason to dump Kip. You made me thought he’s just this kind of idiot to think “I am sorry, I cannot make you happy, I am unsuitable for a relationship with such a wonderful woman as you, bla bla bla…”. I was happy to know he is not. Wow, there was this deadly plot hidden, some remarks have been made but I did not get it straight. Congratulations!
I loved also those small literature (and other) flavors you have added here and there. Like when you called Chris Ryan’s book “rubbish”. OMG, how could you do this to the Creator? I hope this was at least not about “Strike Back” book, wasn’t it?
OK, I think I will move on to Interim and then to India now…
DwarfKingCrazy chapter 2 . 8/18/2016
To have John Porter (RA) in a fanfic with Patrick O'Brian Anne Rice and C.S. Lewis references is just too perfect!️ I also love the idea of moving John over to the sunny side of the deck to see how the light changes the color of his eyes. If in a later chapter, Killick shows up to toast cheese for Kip and John, I will be over the moon!
wotumba1 chapter 12 . 1/30/2014
loved your story!
wotumba1 chapter 7 . 1/30/2014
can understand where he comes from, and all the problems doing something will cause, but as well the problems doing nothing will...
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
like the beginning... let's see where you go with your story
Duchess of Strumpetness chapter 10 . 11/10/2012
I really enjoyed this fic very well done. I was too lazy to log in yesterday so all the guest reviews are from me.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
Oh shit!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
Oh she wants to be doing him ;)
Guest chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
oh oh she's in trouble now :D
Guest chapter 2 . 11/10/2012
LOL great last line :D
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Awesome story, I've never been on a sailing boat but you've captured it beautifully.
whatcatydidnext chapter 10 . 2/11/2011
Sorry petal, just got to this. Glad I did, yep, you def pressed the buttons. Very well constructed. I liked him sorting out the shelves, practical man that he his, he wouldn't have been able to resist. Oh, and Pilot at the bed, yes, liked that. And yer sex, has to be said pet, it was good. I loathe 'left hand down a bit' descriptions, yours flowed beautifully.

Nicely done.
iorwen chapter 12 . 2/9/2011
I didn't realize there was any Strike Back fanfiction but I stumbled upon your and just loved it.

Thank you so much for posting your fic.
NoirChick chapter 12 . 1/8/2011
I've just read this all the way through and absolutely loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Strikeback and was delighted to find a whole 2 stories(!) about it. I thought you wrote John Porter really well and I loved your OFC Kip, they made a really nice pair. I actually felt like I was on a sailing holiday because your descriptions were so vibrant and the action sequences were believable as well. You realise that now I have to go and re-watch my Strikeback DVD! Oh by the way, the smut was smokin', you should definitely write more. Fantastic, more John Porter stories from you please.
Bathshebaeverdene chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
great chapter

action is never easy to write but i enjoyed the pace of this

good description of drowning not the peaceful death one would think!