Reviews for Son of Blood
pyromatic18 chapter 55 . 8/14/2012
Enjoyed this story as much as the last, perhaps more! Gonna dive into the sequel right away!
SangLeGuira chapter 42 . 7/11/2011
Richard really knew when to interrupt, huh?
SangLeGuira chapter 49 . 7/11/2011
I read the letter and was like 'seriously? Accusing someone who write bad fiction character as a good one are bad person?'
BraidedDevil chapter 55 . 2/22/2011
i never reviwed before but i love this story and i read it over and over and the first one too. i'm really excite about the third onw and i hope you never stop writing them.

thank you for anwering the questions i asked you on aim, i kbow it was weird i just stated talking to u out of the blue.

sorry fail typing, on my phone and its hard.
deactivated001 chapter 55 . 1/9/2011
Your writing is amazing. I really don't know what to say, but this story is amazing. I really liked Halli and Haden, they are well made OC's, and I don't like a lot of OCs :) I also like how you didn't portray Kahlan and Richard as all good and everything, because it's true that everyone has a dark side and selfish feelings. Richard and Kahlan seem more human when they think about themselves and aren't always doing the right thing. I really can't wait for the next story to come out :)
meridian-rose chapter 55 . 10/16/2010
Finally finished it :D

Love the use of mythology and your endnotes on the subject!

Liked that f/f sex counted as sex in terms of the unicorn - I've read a lot recently about how virginity is a social construct and a heavily gendered one; at least here more than just the traditional m/f dynamic counts :)

So many great descriptions. Morbidly I love those about death; the corpse "alive with death" the bond lasting until "death's embrace" - but there were plenty of others.

Haden was great, from being Zedd's reluctant "pet Mord'Sith" to her falling for Jennsen.

I was sure the Son would be Cara's child with Rahl and was happy to be proven wrong!

Pregnancy fic and kid fic aren't something I generally like but I really want to read the third part...

And now I can start on either Castle in the Air or Embracing Chains! :D
Vorquellyn chapter 55 . 10/6/2010
I finally read it! This is really good. I like the references to Norse mythology and now I'm really curious about how Hel would feel about the Keeper. Would I be reading too much into it to think Darken and Richard have some similarities with Hugin and Munin?

I like what you did with the unicorns. Really like. :D
houseofmirth chapter 55 . 8/23/2010
You are a born storyteller! It was a wonderful twist to have Darken and Cara's relationship rest on Kahlan's willingness to let go of her hatred and to realize that sometimes there are truths that should not be revealed. Darken's anguish for Cara bringing the rain was heartbreaking. I loved all of it.

Thanks for putting up both of these great stories. I see you have some shorter fics on this site so I will have something to tide me over until next spring.

Runs off to read.
adamsfamily chapter 55 . 8/22/2010
Wonderful way to end this part of your story with a happy wedding but a shadow of trouble to come.

I liked the parallels to Richard and Kahlan's wedding in Unbroken, especially Zedd being the ring-bearer. Interesting how you refer to Richard in this chapter - Richard Rahl, called by some the Seeker.

My favorite part - "He was whole. Complete. He was not his father."

I can't wait to read the concluding part of the trilogy. It seems like a long tome until next spring.
adamsfamily chapter 54 . 8/22/2010
What an incredible chapter! I was so caught up in thinking that Darken's child would be the Son of Blood, I did not realize that all of the words of the prophecy completely applied to Darken.

And Hali placing Richard's han in Darken's body, because Rihcard had spurned it - wow. All he had to do was ask and Hali would have told him the power to heal was his. Wonderful description when Darken realizes how powerful his love is for Cara and both of his sons.

Great reference back to Blood from a Stone - love is not a weakness but a strength.
Lord Darken Rahl chapter 55 . 8/22/2010
really love this story

Darken needs a second chance

I hope it will be spring very soon want to read the third part of this amazing story

gr Lord Darken Rahl proud Mord-Sith
tinylexie chapter 55 . 8/21/2010
Darken’s revelations were so powerful and so meaningful. He finally understands. I loved his confrontations with both Zedd and Hali. Darken was a perfect blend of both his old and new self. He should fully lose his old side because that side is part of what makes him so fascinating. All the characters have come such a long way. Those evil unicorns are still up to their evil ways, LOL. You really know your mythology. It’s always nice when people blend mythology in with their stories.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 55 . 8/21/2010
For me, this ending was bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I loved the ending. It was perfect in every way. It's the fact that I have to wait until Spring 2011 for the next part of this amazing story. I was really happy, and surprised to see my name at the end as one of the winners. I wish you well, and I eagerly await Springtime.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 54 . 8/21/2010
I thought that I was going to cry when I read that Hali wasn't gonna save their son. How do you manage to pack so much emotion into such a small chapter? It had anger, angst, sadness, solemnty, and hope. I love the way that the prophecy turned out as well. I hope all goes well with Cara and The baby. D;
houseofmirth chapter 45 . 8/21/2010
I don't know how to feel about Kahlan. I am angry with her but sorry for her at the same time. Part of her seems to realize that she's doing the wrong thing.

Wow - Zedd killed but sent back by Hali as her Champion. He still has work to do. I'm glad you brought him back.