Reviews for Son of Blood
houseofmirth chapter 42 . 8/21/2010
Great chapter! Only Darken and Cara could make such an angry marriage proposal and response be so hot - very much in character, though. They ignite each other.

I can't stand it that just when she's about to tell him about the baby Richard has to come in. That man has no sense of timing.
houseofmirth chapter 41 . 8/21/2010
Very nice Haden and Jennsen chapter. I am glad they got things right between them and I loved the ballad of the Red She Wolf.
houseofmirth chapter 38 . 8/21/2010
I'm glad you had Darken put Jennsen in charge of the palace along with Kahlan. He is now giving her formal recognition as a Rahl.

LOL at Darken being jealous of Cara and Jennsen.
houseofmirth chapter 35 . 8/21/2010
I am so glad you gave us some nice Darken/Richard moments. Darken trusting Richard enough to put him in command of the military and Richard accepting it is a good plan. Richard is finally accepting his status as a Rahl, and they are both accepting each other as family and as allies.
houseofmirth chapter 34 . 8/21/2010
Jennsen guesses Cara's secret! I understand why Cara wants to keep it quiet, but I'm worried about the baby with all the bad stuff I am sure will be coming at all of them.

Jennsen bargaining to keep quiet about the pregnancy - she really is becoming a Rahl.
houseofmirth chapter 33 . 8/21/2010
"Why are you doing this?". "You know the answer". It has be very hard, with all their history, for Zedd to help Darken and for Darken to accept his help. Hali loved both of them and they loved her. I am glad you have made her part of this fic even though she is no longer physically with them.
houseofmirth chapter 30 . 8/21/2010
More great chapters. You're doing a very good job with describing the new unrest among the people, and these new super "religious" people are very creepy. There are very few people more dangerous that fanatics who are convinced only they possess the TRUTH.

It's good seeing Cara combine her abilities as a Mord'Sith with what she's learned both from traveling with Richard and from her experience at the Pillars to become a person who is well qualified to be a ruler. I loved her verbally kicking Darken in the pants and telling him what he needed to do. Also Darken bringing the rain mercy. Well done.

Haden and Jennsen are a couple that I would never have seen together at first. You are developing their feelings for each other very well. Jennsen reflecting on all the violence around her and on being a Rahl - she's growing a lot.
meltin2me chapter 47 . 8/21/2010
The imagery of possessed Kahlan and the unicorn operating as one is very creepy. You really did a good job giving this part of the story a dark feeling.
meltin2me chapter 46 . 8/21/2010
I like how Cara still feel being a Mord'Sith is part of her identity even though she's changed a lot.

The "never again" line was good. Cara remembering what it was like in an alternate future where she was the last of her kind.
AceofHadeon chapter 19 . 8/20/2010
Quick, Denee, dissemble! lol at "do whatever it was Confessors did in Aydindril" IKR. Ah, Richard is gonna be all emo now. Or something.

I like it "when you're all manly like that," Darken. Going all calm assertive on the MS. Ah, I always love the kneeling fealty scenes with the Mordies.

I liked that little scene with the walking. And the not-bowing.
AceofHadeon chapter 18 . 8/20/2010
18 already? Wow.

I would totes ROFL if Darken and Cara reverted to human form but their clothes didn't. Ok, I'll stop being juvenile now! That's a good point: who knows how safe the palace is atm? Wise to keep a Mord'Sith temple around.

Freya, good name!

It'll be interesting to see how or if the shopkeeper comes into play later.

Aw, Richard missing his sexy tiemz? Poor bb.

Haden is so awkward with this relationship stuff, poor kid. And yay for wood bird!
AceofHadeon chapter 17 . 8/20/2010
Kahlan freaking out is the best! Gee, you might have to raise your kid instead of kill it? Poor bb. And what do we wanna bet that keeping it a secret is gonna lead to trouble down the road?

Aw, Emryn got eaten by a doggy! Bad luck, that.

- Show quoted text -
AceofHadeon chapter 16 . 8/20/2010
Mord'Sith totes remind me of Harris hawks: Matriarchal, pack hunters, fierce. So I'm digging the hawk thing. Their little dogfight was cool.

Yeah, undoing the spell...hope that works!

K, I just rewatched that part in Broken, and...how come I had almost no memory of that part? How come the writers never followed up on it in other eps? "Let's just ignore the tribe of prophesying nomads. Nobody wants to hear about them!" We could have at least seen more bird stuff. So good on you for using her!

I think the dream works fine. It's a lot like the Broken one.
AceofHadeon chapter 15 . 8/20/2010
Was this the inside-joke chap? SHAAAAPE! And ~sweat~. lol!

Ha, Richard denied! I like the conflict of there being almost no Confessors but Kahlan not wanting to take a mate. It was good in the show, too, but they didn't pursue it much.

Mm, nekkid!Darken.

Ah, love Darken's magic skills: "Of course I know what I'm doing! I saw it in a movie once. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express." At least the han's not wasted on Nicci, or even worse, Richard anymore!
AceofHadeon chapter 14 . 8/20/2010
Good job, thar, Darken, transporting into a desert region! Why doncha magic up some water instead of pillars of fire? And dude, he got his magic back and then some! lol at him getting singed and his reaction to it!

Aw yeah, I smell fight!sex coming! This line was so great: She smiled and it was achingly beautiful, a brutal, joyous expression that he had not seen her wear in far too long.

Oh that's right, we have to have the Merry Band involved. ;)
127 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »