Reviews for Son of Blood
houseofmirth chapter 24 . 8/20/2010
Cara was so worried about how Darken would treat her once they got to the palace. It's good to see her fit into a new role while still keeping her Mord'Sith qualities. Because of her closeness to Richard and Kahlan, she can ask for their help and for Zedd, while Darken never could.

Did all of this new magic of Darken's come from Hali? It seems to be even stronger than Zedd's, or maybe it's just because Darken doesn't know how to control it.
houseofmirth chapter 16 . 8/20/2010
Oh, dear, another prophecy. This doesn't sound good.

LOL at Cara showing off her flying skills. Maybe she'll be re-incarnated as Kara thrace. Cara - hot shot fighter pilot hawk.
houseofmirth chapter 13 . 8/20/2010
I am so glad that Cara knows Nicholas is with the Creator. Hopefully it will give her some peace. It was interesting to hear Cara describe in more detail what happened at the Pillars when Darken re-gained consciousness. That was all a little vague to me at the end of your earlier fic. Darken was literally transformed it seems.
houseofmirth chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
It's good to see Jennsen back, and to see Richard telling her and everyone the truth about what happened at the Pillars.

You've created another great OC in Haden. I love her blunt no-nonsense talk.
houseofmirth chapter 7 . 8/20/2010
I loved this chapter. Darken watching Cara sleep and thinking about her, his past life, his brother, Hali and how he's going to change. But still realizing Cara can never know the truth about Nicholas.
houseofmirth chapter 4 . 8/20/2010
I am so glad Darken is finally free of the Keeper. He still can't tell Cara he loves her, but wants her beside him and not walking behind him. Some progress here, that's good.

It's rather ironic that with Richard and Kahlan you have 2 people who can confide in each other completely and share everything, but who can't make love; with Darken and Cara you have 2 people who make love without any physical inhibitions, but who can't share their deepest feelings. I'm hoping that can change, because I really like them together. R/K are like a gentle stream, and D/C are like fire.
houseofmirth chapter 2 . 8/20/2010
I read Blood from a Stone and loved it. I am so excited to be able to jump right into this one. It's looking like the ghost of little Nicholas is not going to rest - at least not with his mother. Poor Cara.
tinylexie chapter 53 . 8/20/2010
I loved Kahlan’s changing thoughts towards Darken, and I also loved their new relationship of understanding. The whole how Kahlan saw true remorse in Darken reminds me of why Kahlan spared Cara in “Broken.” I hope that all goes well with Cara’s baby, so I can’t wait to read the next chapters.
alli chapter 53 . 8/20/2010
SO GOOD!
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 53 . 8/20/2010
I loved the embrace between Cara and Darken in this chapter. And I hate Jarl with a burning passion. The way that Cara shoved Darken out of the way was perfect, and then she got hit with it. That shows how much she truely does love him. I am so happy that Darken finally found out about the baby, and his reaction to it was so perfect. It isn't what one would expect from Darken Rahl, but then again, the Darken Rahl you have created has learned from his past, and the creator. I cannot wait untill you update, because I NEED to know if Cara and baby Rahl will be okay. I would absolutely cry if anything happened to either one of them. Also, I found myself wondering what Darken would have been thinking while Jennsen was stripping Cara. That was a great moment in this chapter as well. It shows the friendship between them. Oh, and one more thing, this is the last one, I promise. Does anyone else know that Cara and Darken are getting married? Did they get a chance to tell anyone else with all the things that had been going on? Update soon. These questions are going to drive me nuts!
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 52 . 8/20/2010
Awww... Kahlan overcame her hate at Darken. I loved the last line in this one. Kahlan lied for him. And I loved how the devotion saved her. And Darken's attachment and need for Cara is soo perfect. I'm in love with their love. If I haven't already said so, I love your pairings so much.
adamsfamily chapter 53 . 8/20/2010
NO! Just when it looked as if everything was going to be all right, this has to happen.

Darken finally admits to himself how much he loves Cara and he may lose both her and the baby. This is excruciating.

Jennsen shows her usual common sense in the midst of all of the madness and blood.

You have made me care about these characters so much. I can't stand it if this doesn't work out for them.
adamsfamily chapter 52 . 8/20/2010
How can you pack so much tension and emotion is one short chapter. I feel drained.

Darken saves Kahlan because he knows what losing her would do to Richard.

Haden acts out of retribution for what Jarl has done to Jennsen.

Jarl reveals the one thing that can destroy any hope of Cara and Darken being together and that would destroy Cara's happiness.

And, Kahlan, despite all of her upbringing, training and lifetime of hating Darken Rahl, lies - choosing mercy over retribution.
tinylexie chapter 51 . 8/19/2010
I loved the visual image of Darken spring boarding off the wolf’s snout. Trust Darken to be a show off at the least convenient times, LOL. I also loved the strong devotion you showed between the Mord-Sith. The Mord-Sith really do see themselves as sisters, and they gain strength from that sisterhood bond. I also loved the scene with Richard and Kahlan on the unicorn together. Hopefully between Darken’s power and Richard’s love for Kahlan they will be able to bring her back, and hopefully Kahlan will see that Darken has changed quite a bit. I can’t wait to see how you wrap everything up.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 51 . 8/19/2010
I honestly can't put my feelings into words. I'm gonna try my best though. I loved when Brownwyn (i think that was her name) protected Cara. It kinda gives me hope about Kahlan's condition. Speaking of Kahlan, I cannot wait for the next update. I need to know if Kahlan is going to be okay or not! And also now that this massive battle is over, I hope that Cara will finally tell Darken about the baby, before she gives birth! I'm sorry that i only update every two chapters, but if i reviewed every one, then i wouldn't have a life. I barely have one as it is. I am like addicted to your stories. Update soon!
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »