Reviews for Son of Blood
adamsfamily chapter 50 . 8/19/2010
You write great action sequences - I can always see what is happening in my mind.

Love - Darken and Cara fighting as a team and protecting each other, and Bronwyn's loyalty to Cara and the Mord'Sith overpowering the spell she was under.
adamsfamily chapter 49 . 8/19/2010
Wonderfully written action. The heartbeat motif was a very effective way to increase the urgency and tension.

Haden's fieceness in avenging Jennsen's ordeal is epic. Jarl is in for a world of hurt. Jennsen and Skull have bonded - sweet. They are going to need him on their side.

I always love it anytime Darken does the Hawk transformation.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 49 . 8/18/2010
Wow. That's really all I can say about theses last two chapters. Cara is becoming a ball of nerves as she moves further along in the pregnancy. And of course Haden heads straight for Jennsen. How could she abandon her little sparrow for Kahlan. lol. Umm, I really don't know what else to say. I love this story soo much. But Cara not telling Darken is killing me on the inside.
meltin2me chapter 45 . 8/17/2010
I love the moment between Zedd and Hali. And a creator who admits they can make mistakes.
meltin2me chapter 42 . 8/17/2010
That has to be the hottest proposal ever! The possessive passion!

No flowers and down on one knee...not Rahl style ;)

I love the little bits of the interaction they had in "Eternity" being worked in there. Same kind of feeling, the possession and jealousy, but an entirely different situation and outcome.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 47 . 8/17/2010
You never cease to amaze me. You have written two more outstanding chapters, and once again left me wishing for more. Poor Jennsen, captured by a possesed Kahlan. I loved Cara's jealousy to Darken touching Haden, but even more so than that, his reaction to her jealousy. And Jennsen's reponses to Brother Jarl where just perfect. Can't wait to read more!
adamsfamily chapter 46 . 8/17/2010
Love Cara's intense pride in being Mord'Sith and her loyalty to her sisters.

Again, the growing respect and understanding between Darken and Richard. Darken not only understands Richard's love for Kahlan, he no longer mocks it and even begins to honor it.
adamsfamily chapter 45 . 8/17/2010
Intense! Haden saving Jennsenn and almost saving Zedd. Jennsen saving Haden.

Beautiful writing of Zedd and Hali. Interesting that she seems to be puzzled about the wolves. I wonder what she means when she says that she makes mistakes, too? I am glad that Zedd is getting sent back, even if he has to be old again! I want Zedd and Hali to be together.
adamsfamily chapter 44 . 8/17/2010
Poor Bronwyn!

Richard once again shoots off his mouth without thinking things through. Now what will Kahlan do with his suspicions about Nicholas?

NOTE: I want to tell you how much I appreciate your ability to develop the relationship between Darken and Richard. Their sibling dynamic is so fascinating. The relationship presents endless possibilities for great fan fic. I have been very surprised and disappointed that, other than yourself, no other fic writers I have found on this site have pusued the subject with any depth. This fact, in addition to many other reasons I have expressed in previous reviews, is why you are my favorite author on this site. The fact that you actually make Darken Rahl a fully developed human being and not just a one-note "you're a monster!" plot device used to threaten the other characters is a big bonus for me, too.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 45 . 8/17/2010
Whoa! This story just keeps getting better. I was surprised when Zedd died, but it made me happy when Haden brought her back. I hope Kahlan and everyone else is okay though now. And now that Richard knows about Cara's child, I wonder what will happen. Please update soon!
Reading Is a hobby chapter 43 . 8/15/2010
Great! I love how this story is coming along! That's a scary thought! Only 12 chapters! How about it being a trilagy? Why not? Well, keep up the good work!
adamsfamily chapter 42 . 8/15/2010
You already know that I am loving your story, but this is my favorite chapter yet.

Darken and Cara are so perfectly in character. They both need, desire and, yes, love, each other, yet neither can leave themself vulnerable to being hurt by the other. Darken demands, not asks, marriage; Cara's lingering insecurities that he will always prefer Kahlan; his constant terror of emotional abandonment.

Then, when they finally come together - Richard interruptus.

I thought Cara's statement that she would expect to be his wife in every way was brilliant - a declaration that she would demand the same respect as any queen, as well as a great reference to Darken's statement to Kahlan in "Reckoning". The same words, yet with completely different meanings.
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 43 . 8/15/2010
Whoa! These two chapters were amazing! I absolutely LOVED when Darken proposed to Cara. And Richard and Zedds reaction to the kiss between Haden and Jennsen. And ugh! Cara was SO close to telling Darken about the baby. I can't wait for the next update!
tinylexie chapter 41 . 8/14/2010
It seems like the unicorn is really doing something bad to Kahlan. She may dislike Darken, but it’s definitely not like her to be so emotionless towards everyone else. The whole song about how Jennsen helped Darken was both funny and cute. Darken finally has not just one but two siblings that care about him.
Queen of Tortall chapter 41 . 8/14/2010
Ahhh, Kahlan! Is she possessed by the unicorn? I think you said something about Sepina watching through her eyes or something...

Anyway, I love how Jennsen & Haden's relationship is developing, & am glad they got it sorted out :)
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »