Reviews for Son of Blood
meltin2me chapter 37 . 8/12/2010
I love that the unicorn is all teh evil. Very unique twist.
Queen of Tortall chapter 37 . 8/12/2010
Sorry, I've fallen into the horrible habit of reading but not reviewing, but you definitely deserve more reviews for your amazing story! I'm really glad you update often, and each chapter keeps me wantin to read more. The story is pretty much flawless, through and through. And that unicorn, Sepina, is bothering me, haha. She's taking Kahlan away from poor Richard! But it is beautifully crafted, the way Kahlan is slowly growing apart from those she loves, because of duty, dreams, prophecy, and of course, Darken Rahl. Poor Cara. Won't the binding hurt her baby?
tinylexie chapter 35 . 8/11/2010
So, Cara doesn’t want Darken knowing that she is pregnant. She’s afraid of him putting her on rest and out of action, which is something no Mord-Sith likes. I think she’s also afraid that Darken won’t love the baby because he’s not yet ready for one. I liked the interaction between Cara and Jennsen. I find it interesting that Darken would think that purple is Jennsen’s favorite color. Is there any reasoning behind that, or was the color purple a random choice? I would also like to see more of Cara and Haden exchanging sarcastic comments with each other. And Darken is never relaxed even if he looks that way. I liked how you pointed out that he was listening to the conversation even if it didn’t appear that way to the others. Darken is always a lion waiting to strike if necessary.
tinylexie chapter 31 . 8/9/2010
To think that all Zedd needed to keep Richard and Kahlan apart from each other was a unicorn, LOL. I really loved how Cara got Darken out of bed. She has no problem with speaking her mind, and that’s typical Cara, LOL. I liked how you presented death and mercy as going hand in hand, as being two sides of the same coin. There is a lot of character growth in Darken in that he actually took the effort to control his anger against people he would have not that long ago killed without a thought. Tryn reminds me of Jagang. Tryn preaches equality for everyone, but he wants to be worshipped as well. In fact, this story is reeking the Imperial Order, LOL. It’s nice that some people recognize that Darken provided them with stability and order before his demise. I can imagine the look on Darken’s and Cara’s faces when Richard was referred to as Lord Rahl the Younger, LOL. Their jaws probably dropped down, and their eyes probably went wide, LOL. I can’t wait to see the upcoming meeting now that Richard and company has arrived.
tinylexie chapter 29 . 8/8/2010
I loved the little eye contact between Kahlan and Haden when Kate complained about being just a woman. It shows that Mord-Sith and Confessors have one thing in common: they’re not going to be put down by their gender. I also loved how Haden will doubt the existence of an unicorn until she sees one herself. That sounds like a Mord-Sith, LOL. What happened between Kahlan and the unicorn kind of reminded me of her relationship with the Night Wisp. It would be interesting to learn more about the unicorns, and it would also be nice for enemies to arise that can actually fight.
meltin2me chapter 29 . 8/8/2010
So sweet little Jennsen isn't as innocent as we thought!
tinylexie chapter 27 . 8/7/2010
I like the idea that Jennsen wants to have a relationship with both her brothers. Kahlan is once again being realistic, and I think Richard understands that. I think Kahlan also understands where Richard is coming from. She doesn’t like giving second chances, but she believes in Richard. However, she’s not going to fully allow her heart to overrun her mind, which she shouldn’t. I like the idea of Kahlan once again being torn. I hope that Richard is able to understand her conflicted feelings.
Reading is a hobby chapter 27 . 8/7/2010
Wonderful! I can't wait to read more!
adamsfamily chapter 25 . 8/7/2010
It looks as if the "merry band" will be getting together again. Haden gets a field promotion - Yay!
adamsfamily chapter 24 . 8/7/2010
SO much great stuff in this chapter. I enjoy the way you write Darken and Cara's developing relationship. I like the fact that Cara is willing to defy him in order to help him. The physical toll Darken's magical abilities are having on him is very interesting.

The summary of Darken's contradictory emotions about his life -pleased, outraged, indifferent, proud, ashamed and trapped. Great writing there!
tinylexie chapter 24 . 8/6/2010
I really liked this chapter. Cara is being her usual defiant self, but she’s still managing to be respectful. Darken has finally told Cara that he wants her to call him by name, and Cara does as asked. You really set them up as equals in this chapter. Hopefully Cara will slowly lose her fear that Darken will forget her now that they have returned to the palace. True love should be built on respect, and I think Darken and Cara are slowly gaining the proper respect for the other while not being submissive either, which is a good thing. A partner should not be submissive in a relationship of respect. It’s interesting that Darken doesn’t want Cara to call him “lord” because it reminds him of his mother. I guess Darken will never be free of his mother’s ghost.
adamsfamily chapter 23 . 8/5/2010
It was good to see Hali again through Zedd's dream. It makes sense that Darken is going to need someone to help him control his new power, and who better than a Wizard of the First Order. Somehow, I don't think Kahlan is going to be crazy about this idea, but I like it.
AceofHadeon chapter 10 . 8/5/2010
The part with the Merry Band was funny. Ah, Kahlan, so stubborn! Jen's memories of Darken were a good touch.

Magical dire wolves! Wolfy monster thingies are always fun. Hellhounds, dreadwolves, all good. These are cool.

Really exciting action sequence! Go, Darken! And now you're gonna keep me in suspense while you drool over the Jen auction? Nooo!
AceofHadeon chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
Ooh, some thoughts from Richard about being controlled by the Keeper.

Bit of mixed feeling on the homefront, there. Kahlan's reaction was good. So so does not like Darken. Or so she thinks. ;)

Poor Darken, he's all like, "Why wont you and your feeeelings behave? Just be normal again! Aaahg!" Guys, poor things!
AceofHadeon chapter 8 . 8/5/2010
THE VILLAIN APPEARETH! Dun dun duuuun! Jarl, like Jagang. I like how he calls the Confessors soul stealers. trufax

Haden and Jen meeting! Yeees! lol I lurve Haden's first impression: "WTF are we doing with this little kitten?"
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »