Reviews for Son of Blood
Reading is a hobby chapter 22 . 8/4/2010
Wow! I have read these chapters many times and each time I reread one, it has a new meaning. You have put a lot of work into these chapters and I can tell. Good job! Keep up the good work!
meltin2me chapter 19 . 8/4/2010
I loved the dramatic entrance. One boot and all! lol

and Darken wanting Cara to be his equal or rather realizing she is.
Reading is a hobby chapter 20 . 8/3/2010
Nice chapter! Keep up the good work!
tinylexie chapter 20 . 8/3/2010
I like the little references to Darken’s mother, and they make me want to know more about her. For some reason, I’ve always imagined Darken’s father and mother as being at odds with each other. I’ve always imagined Panis not caring much for his eldest son, but I’ve always imagined Darken’s mother actually loving her. I don’t know if it will turn out that way in your story, but that’s just how I’ve imagined it. None of us know since we’ve never found out about Darken’s mother in the TV show. I just would like to think that Darken had at least one positive relationship in his youth, even though I’ve always imagined that he lost his mother when he was very young.

Good ol’ Zedd is still popping up whenever Richard and Kahlan are trying to talk with each other, LOL. It’s nice to know that some things will never change.
Reading or a hobby chapter 18 . 8/2/2010
Yay! A seaqel! It's really great so far! Go Dara! I live that pairing. You are writing this story wonderfully. Really great!
Vorquellyn chapter 18 . 8/2/2010
Finally caught up. Jennsen/Haden is pretty sweet. I like the delivery of the prophecy and the way you have Kahlan handling it. The way Dennee does her duty feels spot on. The way Darken is struggling with magic is excellent, not too easy.
adamsfamily chapter 16 . 8/2/2010
Kahlan's dream was an evocative reference to the show while giving her a completely different warning. Since the dream echos your title, I am eager to see how this prophecy unfolds.

I know we have seen Darken and Cara in hawk form before, but your description captures the beauty, exhileration and freedom of what it must feel like to exist in that form. I love Cara showing off her flying skills.
adamsfamily chapter 15 . 8/2/2010
Darken's new powers are going to make things very interesting. It will really test how much he has changed. We have a pretty good idea of how pre-Hali Darken might have used these powers, but what will the "new" forgiven Darken do? The old "nature vs. nurture" argument - how much influence will the lovelessness, bitterness and paranoia of his upbringing have on his intentions to become a better person. Add great magical abilities to that mix and who knows what might happen.

Cara's insecurities about how Darken will feel about her once he is back at the Palace and then her immediate determination that she would not allow him to deny her - nice.
AceofHadeon chapter 7 . 8/1/2010
I like how Darken's thoughts wander through this chap. He starts out plotting about taking D'Hara back, then gets distracted Cara, which brings him to Nicholas. The whole Nicholas/Nicholas murder issue adds a fascinating dynamic to Cara and Darken's relationship.

Very good little commentary on power. Darken's starting to realize what power means. Cool.

Darken finally admits to himself just how much he cares for Cara and doesn't want to lose her!

The last two lines, when Darken touches the bones, are really powerful. He's accepting things and starting to move forward.
AceofHadeon chapter 6 . 8/1/2010
Richard gets fangirled!

OMG it's so nice to see Richard give credit where credit is due, and have it be due Darken. He even admitted what he'd done wrong. That move actually makes me respect Richard a bit more. Takes guts to praise your former enemy when you could just as easily take credit.

Also have I said I am inordinately pleased that Haden is in this? I am. Muchly.

AceofHadeon chapter 5 . 8/1/2010
I liked how we get to see how the townspeople view the Mord'Sith. (I liked that part in the eps, too, where Cara has to deal with their view of her.) Darken and Cara made a good team, too. I wonder how D'Haran's react to Mord'Sith? The soldiers were always a bit spooked...

Heh, their handholding is more like leading.

Ooh Cara deals with feeelings! Nice. The last two lines were great.
AceofHadeon chapter 4 . 8/1/2010
I liked how Cara and Darken are working through their issues together.

This line was great: Lord Rahl was a lonely man. An empty man.

Darken was not.
tinylexie chapter 14 . 7/31/2010
Darken and Cara getting ready to fight each other in a playful manner reminds me Richard and Kahlan’s playful moment at the beginning of “Bloodline.” That was such a cute moment, and I guess even Darken and Cara need their cute moments from time to time. Just as long as Darken and Cara don’t have too many cute moments, LOL.
AceofHadeon chapter 3 . 7/31/2010
Understanding wiminz feelingz is haaard! Yeah, I'd be distracted too if I was traveling with Darken.

Kahlan getting tomatoed, lol! Reminds me of Walter. ;)
AceofHadeon chapter 2 . 7/31/2010
Feelingz are haaard! I like how Darken's struggling with the idea of Cara being a subordinate. And yay! Musings about all that happened at the Pillars.

Good chap!