Reviews for The Winding Path
Chi-The-Plant chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
This should be an actual chapter in Naruto. This was the most whole feeling of afterlife closure I think I've ever read.
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
There definitely arent enough afterlife stories out there, this was great
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
How ironic. The very same fic that I said was similar was actually the prequel to this. Can I die of mortification now? I really need to apologize to ncfan.

Fugaku. That guy never fails to surprise me. Like that little flashback Kishi deigned to show us. "You truly are a gentle child" I thought it was Mikoto but it was actually Fugaku who spoke those words to the son who was about to kill them all.

"What I tried to say to you, what I should have said a long time before, was: I've always been proud of you, son. And I've always loved you." I bawled my eyes out. What is is with Uchihas that makes you want to cry every time they say anything resembling affection. In canon, Itachi did it and Fugaku to an extent. They..damn it. You can really tell they are sincere about it because the Uchiha had always been silent.

Izuna, Nagato and Yahiko are a nice touch to the fic. I didn't notice them before the first time around. Probably because I wasn't familiar with their characters.
swallowinthetwil chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
ARGH Okay okay I hate you can't review twice on FFN but I just had to add-LOVED IT when Jiraiya pulled Itachi back from fleeing Fugaku ("For the love of god-" XD) and then ranted at him-that whole scene, from Itachi's reactions and then of course to Fugaku not letting Itachi finish a sentence-PRICELESS. And then when they walk off the bridge (there is totally closure, apologies if I implied anything else in my first review) and then Jiraiya finds Kushina and trails off updating her about Naruto...seriously, this is a work of genius. Everything is just perfect. Alright I'm pretty sure i finished quoting back the fic. Again, SERIOUSLY, thank you for writing this sequel! AND KEEP WRITING!
swallowinthetwilight chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
First, let me THANK YOU for writing this sequel-the first was so amazing (I actually found your fic first) and the sequel is just as amazing! Really, spectacular. You definitely get a feeling of more closure with this fic, and I loved how Jiraiya starts to understand that there's more going on with Itachi-and that Itachi seems closer to forgiving himself and moving on, at any rate. It was also great to meet even more characters-I really wish this could be a longer series! But your sequel definitely did the idea justice and at least I can be satisfied with the greater closure. Seriously, thank you thank you thank you. I really can't even begin to describe how much I love this fic and ncfan's premise. Absolutely brilliant. I guess I'll try to pick a few things to highlight-I loved how you had Fugaku admonished Itachi, saying he was 13 and manipulated, and that he apologized and confessed his love for him; that was really great. But I also loved the scene where Nagato is thinking of Konan with the butterflies-such a beautiful image, and SO appropriate!-and the shogi scene where Asuma confronts Itachi and then Sarutobi intervenes, with Jiraiya calling out because he's finally noticing something is heavy. And OMG Deidara! That was HILARIOUS. Literally laughed out loud-as if Itachi was really challenging your art, silly. Also IZUNA! GREAT conversation. Ack, see what I'm doing? I'm quoting the entire fic back at you-basically, I loved ALL OF IT, can't get enough, wish there was more, but it definitely feels finished for all that's left slightly hanging and UGH, as I said to ncfan, whether you're still writing fanfic or not, I hope you keep writing!
Josher chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Good story, definitely needs another one when the series ends.
The Darkest wizard chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
This is a good and interesting story!
IMoveStarsForNoOne chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
you did amazing writing this sequel i almost cried when i read about itachi and his father

is there a sequel were Jiraiya finally meets up with minato
masruiiiik chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Deidara's spiel on art made me feel kinda sad. Actually, it reminded me a bit of Sasori, the whole eternal world with constant changes. Yeah. It made me wonder if Sasori is with his parents and if he's finally happy now. :) Beautiful story, I applaud you.
A Midsummer Night's Dreams chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Nice...Itachi didn't deserve another agonizing Hell in the afterlife. XD
SilverLunaMoon chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I've read the prequel to this:) I like how you continued it great job :D
otherrealmwriter chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Good work. Your fic was wonderful and I loved the Uchiha family moment in there. :D
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
*gasp of awe*

*dies from awesome overload*

*wakes up in afterlife*

Seriously, that was almost lethally good. You just seem to get better and better at this sorta thing. Keep up the good work!
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Facinating and otherworldly, just as death should be.
Cassiopeia224 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
AHH! I'm so happy Itachi finally talked to his father! Maybe he won't have to wallow in his guilt for much longer. :D And you did an amazing job carrying on ncfan's story. I really enjoyed reading!