Reviews for Gensoukyo Shorts
stylus legna chapter 4 . 2/17
Oh, wow, this was great. Such a different tone compared to the other one...

And yes, I'm reading these out of order.
stylus legna chapter 22 . 2/5
Late review, but this was a really sweet story!
Crazy Scion chapter 18 . 2/1
This was diferrent. I swear I could cut the sexual tension in the room with a knife. Well another good short. Keep up the amazing work.
This chapter was brilliant. Keep making more
kinigget chapter 21 . 1/5
that was ... incredible, to say the least.
you've got a real talent for tugging heartstrings you know
Merch22 chapter 20 . 8/25/2013
I like imagining that this chapter has Mumumu Mikaboshi in it.
piruriez chapter 14 . 6/29/2013
This one sounds really interesting, i would really like it if you were to continue this
Sakuya Lv9 - Former TobyTse99 chapter 22 . 5/23/2013
I read all of them. Just in case you want to know. I read on Android and somehow I am not able to log in from there. I like these short stories, and it's sad that it doesn't seem to update now. I think I will consider reading some of your other fics. I look forward to reading them!
Sakuya Lv9 - Former TobyTse99 chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
This is a sad one. It surely tells what actually happens in Gensoukyo. When the incidents happen, there are disasters everywhere. Red mist, late spring, eternal night... all of them have bad impact. Who knows, Reimu and her youkai friends/rivals might have killed a lot of people indirectly... (even the missed danmaku can kill, I believe). It's really touching to see Tenshi wanting to make up for what she had done. (I will assume Tenshi a relatively new-born(born?) celestial in SWR, because it doesn't take long for one to get bored) Tenshi must have been new to deaths. She is not the everyday youkai that can kill without blinking. She wants to fight, only for the fun of it, and destroyed the shrine, but she meant no harm. She is just acting mischief.

I didn't quite get the Jizo reference, I guess it's a Japanese culture thing, and I know quite a lot being a Hong Konger, I mean, I see Jizo's "home" at every other door I see. It's not exactly the same, but I think I get it. And that means, you really put your time and efforts to understand and realize the whole Jizo thing.

One thing you understood wrong (if I am not wrong) is you mistakenly thought that by Tenshi's memorial ritual, Komachi will have to row more. Actually according to ZUN, (not exact wording) if there is a lot of love supporting the ghost, the Sanzu River actually gets narrower, and therefore let Komachi reach the other end easier. (The ghosts that get hate or no attention, the distance gets really big and Komachi would throw the ghost into the River)
Sakuya Lv9 - Former TobyTse99 chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
I am kind of surprised to not see you use the ongoing joke of "giving Reimu money and she will do anything". It's a really old joke, and it's getting old too, so I am glad you didn't use it.
Another thing is I really like how you revealed the possible conflict bit by bit, and then it takes a complete 180 degree change, and explode. The events in this short story is really unexpected. Especially the Cirno thing and the Marisa thing. There is enough foreshadowing to make the story work and linked, and still it isn't too obvious. And that is why it's unexpected and surprising, and this is a great thing! Ah I am rambling. :D
Sakuya Lv9 - Former TobyTse99 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Happy new year! And this seems to be some really well-written short stories! By now I only have the time to read the first one, but it's funny, it makes sense, and it's full of love for Touhou. Thank you for posting it here!

As for story-specific feedback:
This story is really refreshing, and it's really fun to imagine what Reisen would do when faced with such situations. You come up with clever and creative solutions, and Medicine being there adds to the humor element of the story. You did a great job to maintain the personalities of the characters, even Tewi's. Medicine seldom gets this much attention, and I appreciate your effort to find stuff for her to do. The ether thing and the standing-and-looking-pretty thing really let me feel like it's real happening and I am the patient. *shivers* I will look forward to reading story #2. One minor thing that quite bugs me is that you put "11:45 AM" in a scene, and then didn't put "PM" in the following scenes... Sometimes it's the small things that makes a good story, and sometimes that makes a bad story. Fortunately this flaw is very negligible. I do like the other details though, the outsider thing and, once again, the description on Medicine. So, that's that and I am rambling so I am going to stop here. :/
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 21 . 11/5/2012
Ouch my chest. Pretty powerful writing here.

I'm... not really feeling like typing much else after reading that ;_;
GoneBonkers chapter 20 . 9/2/2012
Holy mother of... Cow! Gotta say I'm totally impressed there. The setting for the story and the writing style really flowed well together. And a bit of romance there, a dash of action here and a sprinkle of suspense to top it all off made this well worth a read. The way you incorporated all the casts of Gensokyou(well, those who appeared) into this... Well, it fits with their character and its really easy to imagine them in that... Though for some reason, Marshal Reimu always gives me the shits and giggles when I read it. Keep it up.
kinigget chapter 18 . 9/2/2012
I really, really like this. Possibly the best interpretation of Satori I have ever seen. You're right too, about everything in this story. Truth is far more than just facts and figures, it's the thoughts and emotions that go with them as well.
kinigget chapter 17 . 9/2/2012
not bad, not bad at all. you'd need more practice to really match Keillor's style but this was a good attempt.