Reviews for The Slow Path
Phoebe chapter 2 . 1/27
Whomis Chen? Unless you mean Jet?
Guest chapter 26 . 12/25/2016
I read this story about two weeks ago but didn't leave a review then simply because I had no idea how to possibly put my love and admiration for this story into the right words. And after mulling it over for several days...I still have no idea how to praise this masterpiece. Everything about this story is flawless. The plot is incredible. The characters are so in character I had to constantly remind myself this wasn't canon. The romance was beyond beautiful and toph and Aang's relationship was just amazing and believable and natural and so much fun! I was rooting for them the entire time and enjoyed every moment of their interactions. I also appreciate how you developed the characters in this in a way that was canon compliant. What aang went through while he was gone had me so shaken up! This was undeniably the best fanfiction I've ever read. You are beyond talented and I wish you all the best in your writing in the future because it is simply phenomenal. Have a mentioned that already? Lol.

Thank you for writing this!
limonium chapter 26 . 7/9/2016
this is too damn good. somewhere in between the first and twenty sixth chapter i cried a lot and my heart broke (probably more than twice) and this is so. good. what the heck im crying. again. thank you for writing this.
limonium chapter 12 . 7/9/2016
my thoughts: this chapter screwed me up real good
aang my son ;_;
lychee loving chapter 26 . 6/28/2016
This was great! I'm a little sad that I found this so late, I think waiting for updates for this would have been exciting torture haha.

I'm a little (only a little) surprised this was written before Legend of Korra came out. The theme is similar to the first season, though that's pretty expected since the entire principle of benders being in positions of power (as opposed to nonbenders) is a socio political issue that I LOVE is part of the Avatar world. So, good job for tackling it in this story, and making it intriguing and thoughtful and gripping!

What did surprise me was that you had a character named Suyin, and you used the name Zaofu! Are those common names? Are you precognitive? Did the writers of Korra read your fic and go "hey, let's use that!" haha

All that aside, I havent read Avatar fic in a long time, or seen the show in a long time, but yours just reminded me why I love the Avatar world and its characters so much. Bless.
Dark White Fang chapter 26 . 3/19/2016
It's been a long time since I have read a story of this quality. With the character respected (it's really hard to find a Sokka well written) and the story is really captivating. I really liked the the story of Aang in the tower. I have just one little question...Where the hell is Momo ?
Darkcrowprincess chapter 17 . 2/17/2016
Love this chapter! So glad u didnt let katara die i love her too. Hope u dont let anyone of the gaang die. Please dont. Not when they've just got back together. Also i disagree with toph. The guys wouldn't have coddled her. Sokka and suki would have beaten him with their fan and sword. Katara would have frozen him alive, zuko would have burned him alive and danced on his ashes, and aang would have gone avatar state on his ass. In short mager woop assing would go down. Thats what would happen.
Nikolai22 chapter 9 . 8/14/2015
This feels like the story of Amon and the Equalists but with the original team avatar instead of Korra's sorry bunch...
kangaroo2010 chapter 24 . 5/21/2015
"All hail Fire Lord Cockblock." Best. Line. EVER.

Seriously, this story rocks. I've pretty much burned through it all in one day and it's been awesome. Rarely have I wasted so much productivity so pleasantly.
kangaroo2010 chapter 13 . 5/21/2015
Did you...did you just make a Winston Churchill reference? Because...holy shit, you totally did. I won't lie, I squealed; my wife thought it was highly amusing.

Officially the best. Fic. EVER.
thefrenchsalad chapter 26 . 4/9/2015
OMG this is the best ending ever. Sorry I've been totally creeping your story with not even a whisper of a comment, but it was so good I couldn't stop. I read the whole thing in three days between full time college and time-and-a-half at work! I loved it, loved it, loved it! You did an excellent job with keeping the characters true to the show, and I thought everything was magnificent.

On a side note though, I am extremely curious about the Black Fist organization. I haven't started LoK yet, since I'm waiting for the box set to come out. So my question is, is the Black Fist your original idea? Or does it appear in LoK? Because if it was really your idea, I am in awe of your execution of this fantastic freaking plot line. I have absolutely no idea what happens in LoK, so I just wanted to know if it was your idea. Even if it wasn't, you did an AMAZING job explaining all the politics and psychology of an organization like that and its leaders. Hats off to you, my friend!

But again, I just wanted to say that I loved the story and you are an amazing author! I would even go so far as to suggest that this be published into a book... You should get Nickelodeon to make this a thing. This needs to be a thing.
AltheaB chapter 26 . 4/6/2015
This was lovely! The characterization was perfect, I loved how you explored all of them so deeply, from Suki's memories of being held captive to Zuko's visits with his father to Sokka's thoughts over whether the Black Hand might have a good point... it was so incredibly detailed and well thought out and I just LOVED every single thing about it! And your Taang and Zutara were fabulous! You are an utterly amazing, thoughtful writer and I can't thank you enough for this gem of a fic!
Anniethorbo chapter 26 . 2/15/2015
Ahh, your story is simply magnificent :D From your writing, to the plot to how you portrayed all the characters. It was all wonderfully perfect. Thank you ever so much for writing it and sharing it :)
KorpaKejsilic chapter 26 . 2/6/2015
Great story! Thank-you for writing this!
nyanyanyan chapter 26 . 11/13/2014
I feel like crying because I finished reading. So so sorry for not leaving chapter-by-chapter reviews, but I just didn't have time because I needed to get to the next chapter. Oh. My. God. This was one of the best fanfictions that I have ever read, and that is all I do. Just read read read all day. You are an amazing writer and I would LOVE to read more of your work. You should write a book. As another idea, can you write a lemon? The lemon of the Zutara Taang Sukka pairings on Ember Island? And my name is Taz too.