Reviews for The Slow Path
Good good
Good good
ThrowawayAccount42808 chapter 25 . 4/24
I'm amazed that Toph pointed out that a mural of the airbenders last stand would be a bit "cruel" but nobody points out that cremating the remains of a people that were all burned to death is also weird.
Pseudonym P chapter 26 . 4/24
Listen, I normally don't leave reviews (not because it's an honor or anything, but because I read fic on my phone and have like a 30-character password), but I'm leaving one because hot damn.

This is seriously one of the most underrated fics in the fandom. My only criticisms are grammar and formatting, and in earlier chapters the writing felt kind of rushed, but that's easily remedied with some editing.

But. BUT. All that can be overlooked because everything else is beautiful. It's unfair. Your strongest suits are your culture building, pacing, and the way you shine the spotlight on multiple characters is absolutely perfect. You hear me? T. Not a single character faded into the background, which even the SHOW can't say it did.

Your portrayal of relationships felt really natural and organic, too. Written well and very fleshed out! I also very much enjoyed how you wrote the conflict between Toph and Puyi, almost as much as Sokka and Suki's relationship. And don't even get me started on the dialogue and thoughts when the characters interact! Lighthearted to the point of practicality, with hints of gravity underlying the situation. You volley between them very well.

I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU MADE MAI IN THIS STORY. Holy fucking shit. Mai as Zuko's head bodyguard is everything I could ever want in the universe. Thank you so much.

And as my final note, I want to thank you for writing this fic. This seriously needs more hype. I wish you luck in all your endeavors. (:

I hope you're having a great day!
Gembleton108 chapter 26 . 3/31
That was... incredible. Everything was perfect; the relationships, the main story, characters and conflictall of it. And the description! I am very much a descriptive writing person, and the entire piece was simply beautiful! You, siror madam, I didn't check your profileare a brilliant writer.
Good
Good
Leraiv Snape chapter 26 . 1/12
This piece is absolutely phenomenal. From the way you write in terms of creating images and emotion to the tightness of the plot and the beauty of the story...you've created a masterpiece of Avatar lore.

Thank you for explaining the structure at the beginning: it made it much easier to see how the story fit together. I also loved the structure - it gave us so much more information about the world that the Avatar left behind without ruining or interfering with the main plot line.

The Black Fist is an excellent set of villains. I haven't looked at the publishing date: did you anticipate Korra's use of this theme? Either way, I will confess I find this tale an infinitely richer tapestry than the one offered in the first season of Korra, and greatly appreciated the subtleties of the work in the characters of Gamen and Zaofu, Eloa and Keegan.

Thank you for the obvious dedication of time and talent. This was beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Good
Guest chapter 26 . 7/11/2017
The Zutara epilogue... Oh. My.
Still don't like taang but this story is just so well written that I don'Tlt care, this is well built, it was a pleasure to read it 3
pgoodrichboggs chapter 26 . 6/16/2017
Absolutely awesome! Even though this was meant to be Taang you write Zutara so perfect. I loved every nail biting minute.
sunnyvibes chapter 6 . 4/11/2017
This has nice action going on. This is definitely the best introduction and build to a Taang story that I've read that's more in line with how the original series played out. Thanks for sharing.
Phoebe chapter 2 . 1/27/2017
Whomis Chen? Unless you mean Jet?
Guest chapter 26 . 12/25/2016
I read this story about two weeks ago but didn't leave a review then simply because I had no idea how to possibly put my love and admiration for this story into the right words. And after mulling it over for several days...I still have no idea how to praise this masterpiece. Everything about this story is flawless. The plot is incredible. The characters are so in character I had to constantly remind myself this wasn't canon. The romance was beyond beautiful and toph and Aang's relationship was just amazing and believable and natural and so much fun! I was rooting for them the entire time and enjoyed every moment of their interactions. I also appreciate how you developed the characters in this in a way that was canon compliant. What aang went through while he was gone had me so shaken up! This was undeniably the best fanfiction I've ever read. You are beyond talented and I wish you all the best in your writing in the future because it is simply phenomenal. Have a mentioned that already? Lol.

Thank you for writing this!
limonium chapter 26 . 7/9/2016
this is too damn good. somewhere in between the first and twenty sixth chapter i cried a lot and my heart broke (probably more than twice) and this is so. good. what the heck im crying. again. thank you for writing this.