Reviews for The Unexpected Path
McLeronR chapter 11 . 5/12/2014
Great story, looking forward to reading the sequel.
Devil Red chapter 11 . 11/26/2013
Very well done. You handled everyone well, and it's nice to Jack and Ianto together. Lowri is a pretty name.
Aya2013 chapter 11 . 4/12/2013
Great story!
fantasybean chapter 11 . 3/9/2013
Wonderful story!
sd4ianto chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Great story!
Kikino chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
Honestly, I couldn't finish this. At the end of this chapter I was greatly disappointed. I mean, not only was the writing style mediocre but the idea itself was highly disappointing. I thought I'd give it a chance, I was adventurous tonight and I feel my time wasted.

There are plenty things not considered in the ficlet that are necessary. For instance, where are the earlier signs of the pregnancy? Before the six weeks? And then, the process of how Ianto got pregnant. I assumed there'd be some form of alien technology involved or some sort of alien toxin or something of the lines but you never explained how the physics work. How is Ianto pregnant? Where is the 'baby' stored in his body? He doesn't exactly have a uterus to hold a child or the vagina to push the child into the world. So, there's no physical way for him to be pregnant outside of some magic alien goo. The baby needs nutrients would would be given through a placenta in the uterus which Ianto can't physically provide so the baby would just starve and die off. Or, if the baby was somehow planted in his stomach, the acids would just kill the baby then.

And with a man suddenly being pregnant, he quickly supported the idea. That wouldn't happen. He'd be freaking about physical issues, actually BIRTHING the baby...he would be thinking over all of that before thinking of what issues actually having the baby out would cause. He'd be trying to think of some way to fix it-especially since it was an ALIEN LIFE FORM that had forced its way into his body. He'd be thinking of killing it first and then, maybe by some defense maneuver done by that general species, he'd gain protective feelings towards the 'baby.'

Outside of all of that, there's the actual characters. For instance, never once has Jack called Ianto 'Yan' or 'baby.' That's the only character I feel is worth discussing right now. Honestly, Owen is the best in-character there is and it is beyond disappointing. Owen would do SO much more to try and fix this situation. There's just so much wrong here I don't even know where to start or finish or anywhere in between.

Outside of all of that, I see it's been a couple years since you've posted this up here. I'll admit, I have some horrible excuses for ficlets on here as well and I expect flames such as this. Though you have every right to, I hope you don't think me wicked for this. I am honestly do this in respect. I don't often do flames unless I think the writer has potential to make such fixes or I actually like the initial idea. I just hope you take my words seriously instead of some horrible flame that only bashes your work. Again, I understand if you don't.

I apologize for but don't regret my comments. I hope they help,

Kikino
An O. Nymous chapter 9 . 2/1/2012
Stars. Is there a little blue box up there too?
vampirelover29 chapter 11 . 12/10/2011
Very good story
duda padalecki chapter 11 . 11/10/2011
just today I found your fic, wow I am loving.

is very hard to find Ianto fics pregnant, mostly well written. jack that is always pregnant (I do not like to bottom jack, urggg for me jack is naturally an alpha and he sees pregnant, no way.

anyway, I read the 11 chapters now I'm running to read the sequel.

Congratulations by the way you're a great writer.
Rebekah Reynolds chapter 11 . 7/1/2011
hi, I thought that I'd read every Janto MPREG on here but then I found yours, it was very well done and I really enjoyed it x
yamiKistune chapter 11 . 4/14/2011
So cute! I love fics with Ianto having a baby. You did a really good job with this, especially figuring out a unique way to get him pregnant. :D
Smile of death1 chapter 11 . 4/1/2011
Great story. I just got hooked on Torchwood, so I am a little late in the game, but this was great.
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 11 . 3/24/2011
*gushs* This is absolutely brilliant! I just love this story - anything with Jack & Ianto making happy loving families makes me happy, and this is tops!

I was a tad surprised to read a nice, supportive Gwen, rather than a nasty vindictive wench where Jack & Ianto are concerned. It makes for a nice change.

The house! OMG I want this house like I want another breath of air! It sounds so perfect! Is it a real one, or your imaginary dream home?

Anyway, I think this story is just wonderful, and it's found a place amongst my personal Archives! Now, I'm off to read the sequel, so I can see Lowri grow up! Ummm... how is Jack with the nappie-changing, anyway? That I'd like to see!
Touch of the Wind chapter 11 . 12/19/2010
I love that the team was so happy for them! Gwen screaming at the message was great!
J3d1M0nk3ySp0ck chapter 11 . 11/5/2010
loved this story! it was so sweet and cute, i love pregnant ianto. there are so few believable ianto mpreg stories out there, i'm glad i found yours )