Reviews for Hell Freezes Over on a Tuesday
Iz chapter 2 . 1/21/2012
LOVED it! I enjoyed the parallels between the two generations. Wish we could see more of Blair's grandparents on the show.
TriGemini chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
This was excellent to read. Glad that you added this second part.

Really made the whole thing come together nicely; especially, in bridging both histories of the two couples.

Again, loved it, a lot.
ggloverxx19 chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
i looove! im pretty sure i read the first chapter and i guess never realized there was a second one...? anywaays i just reread the whole thing and fell even more in love with chuck and blair and obvi beatrice and hank! heh i love how now everyone calls him hank now btw! i like tht u added another chapter, i wish they would introduce blairs grandparentals on the show and they were exactly like ur description! aweessome, maybe ull add more... :] ooh and the whole convo with chuck and hank is exactly what the first chapter as well as the flashback!
QueenBee10 chapter 2 . 1/9/2011
Loved it
Elena Emmanuelle H chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
"He's going to hurt you again. He always does."

"That's just what makes it all the more worth it,"

?

I know you are known for symoblism and you're a known writer among the symbolist lovers on this site - but even though I like some of your great stories (o/S esp!) sometimes I think you make Blair WAY different from the woman she is in the series. I am watching and enjoying the show, and though your Chuck is very much alike him ever since the beginning of season 3 (not so much season 1 though), I can't place this portrayal of Blair anywhere. She's not as concerned about her future as she's in season 4, nor is she as romantic as she was in season 2 and 3, nor is she as strong and honorable as she was in season 1.

Also, she may have been 16 technically when losing her virginity, but it was 24h till she was 17, so I hardly think it's appropriate for her grandmother (of all people) to underline the age estimation. Also, it felt weird hearing Chuck saying that HE made an honorable woman out of Blair. I don't think there is ANY character more noble and pure of heart than her on the show. And after latest revelations about his actions it's weird hearing him even implying about her being anything less than honorable and virtious.

Nothing wrong with your portrayal, this is how you fantisise them to be, while I see her more stoic and severe. I get it - creative freedom and all that. But maybe you ought to point out that this is slightly AU or OC, not based on the show's character personalities but INSPIRED, not a 100% more like 50...

PS. please update your story set in the historical times, you haven't updated in a really long while, and I simply love the strength of character you let shine through Blair in that story! DS

wow, this is the longest review EVER! lLOLl D
louboutinlove chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
Yay, another engagement fic! I'll never tire of reading them so just keep them coming. I'm so glad you wrote another chapter for this one. Love Beatrice and the fact that se likes The Doors and tells things the way they are. This was particularly brilliant on your part: "If you are willing to get on top of a burlesque stage and do a strip tease for that boy, the least you can do is marry him. You wouldn't want anyone to think you're a tease." So funny, specially coming from someone older. Also loved that Chuck is still a basshole, even in the presence of the great Hank Buck. Yet is so hard to see Eleanor being the spawn of such a pair. Blair is definitely the granddaughter though. Great, great fic.
ellibells chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
Aaaaaaaaaaawww! :)
Carolineforbesisawsome chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
love this story so cute!. I loe her grandperats story so much hope you up date soon. oh, and i could so see blir grandpa aproving of chuck not nate.
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 2 . 12/24/2010
"Do you want your present?"

"If I have to unzip your pants to get to it, I can honestly say that doesn't qualify."

At which Bella dies, goes to Heaven, sees Chuck Bass and Henry Buck and returns to earth with a thump when she remembers that her last boyfriend was an aficionado of skinny jeans.

You excelled yourself; and hey, I've read practically everything you've ever written and loved it all. The parallels between Beatrice and Buck and Chuck and Blair are perfect (you almost got your own future parallel with Audrey Bass and an aptly named Duke for Christmas, but I thought Paris and red dresses suited a little better), and I adored the conversation between Ye Olde Chuck and modern day Chuck. Blair and her grandmother were lovely to see too - Beatrice seems so much more of a free spirit than Eleanor, so I guess that must be where she got all Chuck's preferred 'fire below' from. Chair will, as you know, always be endgame for me, and such a rich and wonderful history working and promising them the same warms my shrivelled, Grinch-like little heart no end. I cannot describe quite how touched I am by this. You did good, kid. You did real good.

Merry Christmas, and thank you.

Bella xx
comewhatmay.x chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
So I definitely have not read this previously. Because I'm sure I would've remembered such a lovely story. Really, amazing, amazing job. Beatrice and Henry were so CB it damn near made me cry, for whatever reason.

And the genealogy of GG fascinates me as well - I would so love to see Blair's grandmother on the show. And here, you captured her perfectly, exactly as I would've pictured her. Same goes for Cecelia-and the whole 'if my child wanted to marry a commoner' bit? SO telling.

The proposal was so awesome - the whole Monday thing was perfect, really. Now I know what hints to drop about you to the guy-with-the-limo we've been talking about…haha. I loved the ending, thought it was absolutely perfect and the mirroring between present and past was so wonderfully done.

Really, truly, perfect.

Off to beta the next part, and oh-so-excited! (I'm writing this on the plane, so by the time I submit it as a review, I should have finished beta-ing as well. Look for an e-mail:))
chaval chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Génial.
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I really forgot how much I love this story and want to have its babies.

High points include:

Beatrice letting Henry's head hit the pavement

William Vanderbilt being a Vanderbilt

Blair's grandma on Chuck (you go, original B!)

The proposal schedule

The sneaking-in-sleepy-thing

Low points:

Not a bean.
Noirreigne chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was really clever. Very nice work and I don't think I could ever be sick of these kinds of stories. :)
LetMeIn1812 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I am so not tired of these by any sort or fashion. I love them.

I loved the opening of Blair's grandmother and grandfather, so it does run in the family apparently!

The not so polite talk infront of the grandmother was perfection and even more so because she gets it, just like Blair does.

I loved that Chuck comes by every Monday... and how B's grandmother respects her decision to make him work for it! :) Also the way B's grandfather won't come to the city until B says yes to C. LOL!

I loved the way she noticed that he was planning on spending the night and immediately turned away from him LOL!

My favorite part:

"You're going to take my last name too."

"Yeah," she snorted. "When hell freezes over."

Make him work for it B!
jsta chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Out of the recent engagement fics you've written so far, this has been one of my faves! You've made Beatrice this wonderful, sharp, old lady; someone I can totally see as Blair's grandmother. And your C/B back-and-forth is spot on, as always!

And, although, C is being totally creepy by always sneaking into Blair's room, there's something romantic about it, isn't there? It's probably because you just know C can do anything he sets his mind to!