Reviews for A Burning Love
Love it!
chuckietrick chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
very well written... VERY
Twilightsatellite chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
The summary intrigued me and even hating Jane in the Saga I decided to give it a try and I really liked her pairing with Jessica here! Pain/pleasure always gave me the idea of BDSM, Dom/sub stuff and it had none! It was refreshing...
rameau chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Aro the merciful who allowed Jane to ease her pain by inflicting it on others and only later thought to use it as a weapon? This is not something I would have thought on my own and yet it makes that twisted kind of sense that Aro is known for.

I love the connection between these girls, one must give it and the other must receive if either hopes to find pleasure. Again, it's not something I would have thought of, but it makes perfect sense for both characters. It explains why with all that power and status they had in their circles of friends they still felt outsiders and castaways. They are different and the same, like two sides of a coin, like true mates should be.

Well done.
fngrdust chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Hi dolls (yes, I'm looking at all THREE of you!),

It's LSD, on the shared account. Me too lazy to sign out. Story of my life. ;)

You make me hurt for Jessica, giving her realness and character- traits, making her more than the mostly flat character that SM created. The evening out of pain with pain is brilliant. "However, when the robed girl with the crimson gaze closed her eyes she was hit with a wave of intense agony. The initial shock left her unable to move. As her body became accustomed to the new suffering, her nerves began to hum exquisitely."

Love this: 'Jessica explained her theory to Jane once before their first kiss, "What we have is special, we were meant to be mates. You give me pleasure and I take away your pain. For that I am grateful."'

And oh god, THIS: "Jane is lost between the past and present as Jessica's hands glide over her hips, her fingers lightly tracing the curves. Jessica places soft kisses up the length of Jane's body. Jessica takes her time and worships the woman who has saved her. She needs to focus on making Jane feel good and when she has given attention to every inch of Jane's skin, she straddles her and lays her head on Jane's chest, listening to her unnecessary breath as she takes in the scents which linger in the room. Her position says the words they've yet to acknowledge verbally, a vow to love her forever."

And finally, this: "Jane ponders the irony that in that field back in Forks she wanted nothing more than to consume Jessica, and yet it is she who has been consumed."

Loved. &hearts

Thank you for writing.

Word Ninja chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
What an absolutely beautiful tale! I'm always surprised to find something that hasn't been done yet in the fandom of thousands of fics, and this is definitely one of the most original plots I've read yet. The writing was beautiful, the set up solid and the pacing, perfect. Congrat, ladies, on a job very well done!
dear.cherie chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I NEVER thought this pairing was possible till I read this fic! You ladies impressed me so.

Keep writing.
winterstale chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Beautifully written and inventive. Loved the fluff-out on Jane's power and seeing these two, so often portrayed as one dimensional girls, become women in their own right and within their relationship. I love seeing pairings like this one: initially most readers say "whaaaa?" but you make it seem so obvious and perfect.

Well done and thanks for sharing your Nashville donation with the rest of the fandom!

Lavellan-ofthe-FreeMarches chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This was, in a word, amazing...

The way you kept Jane canon, while allowing her to show her more gentle side? And with Jessica? Such an un-common pairing the last person I expected, but they fit so well together...

Really enjoyed reading this. It was so unique and very well written.

Loved it! : )
connect2tjb chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
You all have the ability to take characters that I was not fond of in the original series and make me actually like them. Want to know more about them, want them to be successful together. The way you all wrote Jane and Jessica is fantastic. What a wonderful story.
bookjunkie1975 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I loved it. Your characterizations of Jane and Jessica were fantastic. I loved this:

"Jane stole her away without hesitation.

Jessica was glad to have been stolen."

I know it's a little cheesy to say, but I think you've really created a lovely story about two people who really do complete each other. And while both Jessica and Jane tend to be really overlooked in fanfiction I think you've given them a story worthy of their potential. Thanks so much for sharing. :)
mycrookedsmile chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
this is just so gorgeous. absolutely mesmerizing. thank you all for writing.