Reviews for Time's Turned Glass
Break This Spell626 chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Wow, this is really cool. It took me an embarrassingly long minute to figure out you were writing the story backwards, but it comes out with a neat feel to it.
redquicksilver chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
It was definitely a trip reading it in reverse order, but it was perfect that way. From numb, to accepting panic, to absolute panic, to the beginnings of panic to that flutter of foreshadowing. You're a genius. I felt everything you described. I just feel like I'm inside Dean's head.
Frannie-pants chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Interesting. Good job.
pandalaughing chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
This story was awesome! I've read second person stories before and reverse chronological order stories too, but this is the first time I've seen them combined. You pull it off beautifully, and I can totally feel Dean's anguish over losing his bother. I can't really give you any construcive criticism because I can't find anything to criticize. Great job! Wish I could write half as well.
funnywords chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This was a really great story, and the format was really creative! I'd never thought of a story like that. Excellent work! I love the reunion scene, very cool.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Interesting story - great insight into Dean and how much he has invested himself into keeping Sam safe and his family whole.
Ana chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Awesome story! You really have a gift for detail and description (not to mention drunk off his ass Dean). Every sentence oozes with Dean's personality-something that's not always easy to do using 2nd person perspective.

And can I just say, love this line to death:

... because so what if Sam wants to study the twisting blue, pink, and black lines spidering across the continental forty-eight?...

I don't know why it caught my attention in particular (so many good lines in here) but the imagery is just fantastic.

Keep writing!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I'll admit the story format was a little different as I first had trouble understanding what was happening, but I'm glad I finished reading it.

You captured Dean's pain as he worried about his missing little brother very well.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
BeachDreamer chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
WooHoo, first to review!

You already know that I loved this story (worried/protective!Dean makes me oh so happy!) but I know the addictive qualities of reviews and figured I'd go ahead and give you a fix. LoL!

Like I mentioned in my other review, the second person narrative made it feel more personal. I could really feel Dean's panic and anguish at "losing" Sammy as he berated himself. The scene between he and John broke my heart. Kudos.

Excellent work as usual my dear, excellent work!
The Violet Writer chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
This was superb. 15/10. Exceeded my every standard.

Do you have an account somewhere for your original work?

Thank you so much for this stunning piece of work!
LucidKren chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
This was great! I'm not used to reading stories in this format, an so it was unusual and refreshing. Good work!