Reviews for Playing God
vampiredoll88 chapter 8 . 12/7/2010
this story had a good plot

but the story was very short

and kind of rushed

maybe write another version of this story? but more detailed? or in depth?
bittersweetties chapter 8 . 8/9/2010
It was good.
Toasty Monroe chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
I have to say, the ending was rather rushed. I didn't really see a lot of Arthur and Ches in this, it was mostly Ches and Fischer. Not a lot of creation in this fiction. So, you may as well as written down the whole plot of Inception and added your OC, Ches, in the middle. I can tell you, it would have been a lot less time consuming.

There was so much that you could have added to this story! It's almost frustrating! You didn't really explain her relationship with Arthur. They were sort of together from the word go of this story, and even then, you didn't describe her feelings for him or how she felt while she was with him. The reader shouldn't be expected to make these assumptions on their own. You need a lot, and I mean, a lot more description.

I'm not so happy that you've classified this story as complete. I feel that this reads as the first draft. It's a good skeleton (or base) to the story, now you need to add the nitty-gritty bits (i.e. description, characterisation, explanation) to make this fanfiction something special. You need to add your own mark onto the film, your own interpretation.

To conclude, I liked the plot, but I didn't like the lack of imagery and emotion in this fiction. If you can, edit the story a little. Maybe then, this would be a great read.

~Toasty x

P.S again, don't feel you can't contact me if you don't like my review. I'm happy to help.
NoThErEaNyMoRe11111 chapter 8 . 7/31/2010
was interesting, good story :)
Nelle07 chapter 7 . 7/29/2010
Love it!
NoThErEaNyMoRe11111 chapter 7 . 7/29/2010
interesting...
bittersweetties chapter 7 . 7/29/2010
I really wonder how the movie ended.

I still think he was trapped in the dream and he never got out, but who knows?
Toasty Monroe chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I like the story's plot, Ches being Fischer's ex. Very unique. But, I do not like the fact you've basically used Ariadne's character for your and changed the name. Hey, I couldn't stand her in the movie either, but, I still think she played a big role in the film and should be appreciated (i.e. being given the correct scenes).

It's not the same if Ches kissed Arthur than Ariadne. Personally, I didn't think the kiss between Arthur and Ariadne meant anything at all. She had a lot more chemistry with Cobb in my opinion. But, I think that you should have used the kiss to your advantage, for example Ches feeling jealous about it and not knowing why. Her feelings for Arthur growing.

I really love the plot though. The fact that she was pregnant with Fischer's child, fits into the film really well. Also, I think the role you created for her to play in the team is clever. I was thinking along the same lines, having someone as a distracter, but I like the way you've used it, so I won't steal your idea.

Anyway, well done on the fiction so far, I think it's pretty good. I'm all for Arthur and OC pairings, the more the merrier I say! Continue the good work.

~Toasty x

P.S. Almost forgot! If you have a problem with my review, or would like some well-intentioned advice, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm all ears... or eyes in this case :)
lucky7steph chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
ohmmigod i thought the same exact thing about the blonde woman in the movie - her eyes were really strange!

looking forward to the next chapter!
WhatsGoingOn chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
Not enough Arthur and Ches! Update soon!
bittersweetties chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
to be honest i never liked ariadne in the movie either, but i really liked arthur so that could have something to do with it.

OffbeatUpbeat chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
So cute 3
NoThErEaNyMoRe11111 chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
love it :)
Nelle07 chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
lOve it!
Delta Omega chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I dislike that you simply replaced Ariadne with your character. This chapter seemed to be straight out of the movie, with Chesapeake being the Ariadne role.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »