Reviews for Always in Repair
Banana JZ chapter 18 . 12/18/2014
Thank you so much for this story! I loved every moment of it. Your story is well thought-out, and I appreciate all the details and background theory you include before the start of every chapter.

I like this story in particular because of Bartholomew - I always wondered what happened to him after the events of FF XIII (I have not played any of the sequels) and I have a particularly soft spot for father-son relationship stories. I thought the way you tied him into the story, and his characterization was well done.

In fact, this was my favorite chapter (hence my review in this chapter). The scene with Lightning, Bartholomew, and Nora's necklace was very powerful, well-written, and well-delivered. When Light realizes the true value of the necklace she was given, for me, was the best moment in this whole story and I will remember that moment forever. I remember reading that and, like Light, being overwhelmed with the feels, haha. Excellent work.
Ivonnebagel12 chapter 21 . 11/18/2014
This was such a joy to read. It was well-paced, had my feelings go on epic roller coasters rides, and you've made me love these two even more.
Great great job, and can't wait to read the next fic
Jesus chapter 8 . 9/1/2014
Why were Hope and Snow not patted down before getting tossed into a cell? What kind of military organization-slash-intelligence agency would not strip the people they're detaining of any items on their person?
Pretty sure my suspension of disbelief can't handle this weight.

And why did Hope not get crap for modifying someone's weapon and returning it without telling them what he did and letting them test it out first? You don't just take away something a soldier relies on to survive, add a bunch of modifications, and return it without warning them or planning on letting them know yourself /at all/.

It's not like he just sharpened the blade or cleaned it or something either, the changes he made - he made to the previous capabilities and composition of a weapon that Lightning was familiar with and used to. Having her learn about that during the middle of a battle, get momentarily distracted (by the surprise of noticing a different weapon than you should have), and while fighting, have to attempt to compensate for the (unknown) modifications is negligent, dangerous, and thoughtless.
Jesus chapter 7 . 9/1/2014
I guess Lightning needs to be taught weapon safety too then? Just how could you think carelessly pointing a lethal weapon at someone's chest is a good idea unless your goal is to kill them?
Jesus chapter 5 . 9/1/2014
Someone really needs to teach Serah weapon safety because apparently she hasn't already been taught it for some reason.
Guest chapter 21 . 5/5/2014
seriously wow.
you should publish this
SERIOUSLY THAT...UGH.
plot line
2. good relationship buildup - not all obvious when they decided to like each other (wayyy more realistic)
3. the small maybe big stuff we all hope for- if ya know what i mean ;)
avery18 chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Just so you know, I HAD TO finish reading this last night. Made me late to work this morning and everything. This is absolutely one of the better fanfics I've read. And I cannot tell you how many Hope/Lightning feels this gave me (there might have seriously been tears at some parts). I love it so much. Thank you for writing this :)
This one girl chapter 19 . 2/23/2014
This is amazing best H/L story I've ever read! You have to keep going!
w- easy enough chapter 21 . 2/2/2014
Awww! This is such a great story! I love how the characters are so true to the game, and Hope is so cute!
Rhyannath chapter 21 . 1/9/2014
This is the second time (or third or fourth...I've lost count) I've read this and yet I had not reviewed. So sorry about that! I love this story. These characters are awesome and I love the development you did of the story and characters. Your descriptions were great in painting a vivid picture. I also love how you resolved the age difference. I have no issue with age differences (once you hit 30, 7 years is not much) but Hope was too young for her during the game and you cleared that up without having to wait for the time to pass and that would (realistically) risk of the relationship.

Thanks for sharing! :-)
son-of-heaven176 chapter 21 . 12/8/2013
Beautifully-written ending.

Despite the fact that my internal alarms kept yelling "SHE'S SEVEN YEARS OLDER!", I must admit that you have done a good job of making the Light/Hope relationship progress realistically. Though I would have preferred if the story had gone without the water-heater-repair plot contrivance and its aftermath, you've written a quality story, all things considered.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 19 . 12/8/2013
I don't mind the "ridiculous length" of this chapter; it was perfectly all right given its contents. Good that this chapter didn't devolve into the "obligatory" sex scene present in EVERY form of media nowadays, and I'm glad to see a symbol of the whole l'Cie paranoia dealt with so skillfully and decisively.

On a slightly related note, can't Snow EVER grow up? Or is he jealous that he wasn't able to get even half as close with his fiancee?
Unknown chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
I am reading this a second time to refresh my memory for the other fanfic you have so far it is still amazing :)
Guest chapter 21 . 7/4/2013
Love the story. I'am about to read the sequel.
Miki chapter 6 . 7/4/2013
I probably should've read this first instead of its prequel, but I felt like reading it in order. As a result, I kinda know all the back stories and reason behind some of the characters words, since I read about the evens prior, but heck I still love it to bits! :) thanks for writing a story that makes me stay up well into early morning just to read a chapter! (It's summer, my sleeping schedule is noexsistant. Lol.)