Reviews for Always in Repair
avery18 chapter 1 . 2/25
Just so you know, I HAD TO finish reading this last night. Made me late to work this morning and everything. This is absolutely one of the better fanfics I've read. And I cannot tell you how many Hope/Lightning feels this gave me (there might have seriously been tears at some parts). I love it so much. Thank you for writing this :)
This one girl chapter 19 . 2/23
This is amazing best H/L story I've ever read! You have to keep going!
w- easy enough chapter 21 . 2/2
Awww! This is such a great story! I love how the characters are so true to the game, and Hope is so cute!
Rhyannath chapter 21 . 1/9
This is the second time (or third or fourth...I've lost count) I've read this and yet I had not reviewed. So sorry about that! I love this story. These characters are awesome and I love the development you did of the story and characters. Your descriptions were great in painting a vivid picture. I also love how you resolved the age difference. I have no issue with age differences (once you hit 30, 7 years is not much) but Hope was too young for her during the game and you cleared that up without having to wait for the time to pass and that would (realistically) risk of the relationship.

Thanks for sharing! :-)
son-of-heaven176 chapter 21 . 12/8/2013
Beautifully-written ending.

Despite the fact that my internal alarms kept yelling "SHE'S SEVEN YEARS OLDER!", I must admit that you have done a good job of making the Light/Hope relationship progress realistically. Though I would have preferred if the story had gone without the water-heater-repair plot contrivance and its aftermath, you've written a quality story, all things considered.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 19 . 12/8/2013
I don't mind the "ridiculous length" of this chapter; it was perfectly all right given its contents. Good that this chapter didn't devolve into the "obligatory" sex scene present in EVERY form of media nowadays, and I'm glad to see a symbol of the whole l'Cie paranoia dealt with so skillfully and decisively.

On a slightly related note, can't Snow EVER grow up? Or is he jealous that he wasn't able to get even half as close with his fiancee?
Unknown chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
I am reading this a second time to refresh my memory for the other fanfic you have so far it is still amazing :)
Guest chapter 21 . 7/4/2013
Love the story. I'am about to read the sequel.
Miki chapter 6 . 7/4/2013
I probably should've read this first instead of its prequel, but I felt like reading it in order. As a result, I kinda know all the back stories and reason behind some of the characters words, since I read about the evens prior, but heck I still love it to bits! :) thanks for writing a story that makes me stay up well into early morning just to read a chapter! (It's summer, my sleeping schedule is noexsistant. Lol.)
danielhappyg chapter 21 . 6/23/2013
Love this
Thanks for update it till the end
DarkLadySylvanas96 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Oh my gosh! I FOUND IT AGAIN! I just want to say i absolutely love your writing style and the way you played this out! For some reason, I couldn't refind this amazing piece of writing so I just found it after hours of searching :D And i am so glad I did because I LOVE IT! I hope to see soooooooooo much more3 amazing work from you my friend :D
Skate95 chapter 21 . 2/24/2013
Well I am officially in love with this story. My fave of all the Light & Hope fanfics so are a superb writer. Hope you keep up writing such fantastic stories. I shall now go on to read the prequel & sequal. Hope things continue going well for the happy couple :)
ebonypol chapter 21 . 2/18/2013
Loved it! :D
Guest chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Re-reading this after having caught up with the latest in the trilogy is brilliant. I'm getting lots of little things I completely skimmed over before. Like everyone being so touchy about Hope falling asleep under the aircraft and not checking in with people for days suddenly makes even more sense than it did the first time around. Also, with the way the prequel ended I feel even more sorry for Hope with how disorientated he seems to be with Light waking up unexpectedly. Wonder if he thought he was still dreaming at first!

Ah, I forgot just how good this story was! Looking forward to the next chapter of Somewhere in Between as well as any other stories you bring out.
TheGiantRock chapter 21 . 2/3/2013
I largely enjoyed Always In Repair. You write well and get your points across reasonably well. However, some humble constructive criticism:

Managing your action scenes. I wouldn't normally care about action in a romantic piece, but I felt an imbalance in your story. Romance developed slowly but CONSISTENTLY. Sure, there weren't many hilarious, romance-inducing situations that Light/Hope fell into (y'know, the type that more ecchi anime will use, i.e. falling down and ending up in compromising positions). However, as the constant focus of the story the romance still ended up being enjoyable to read. In contrast, action was very weak in the beginning, solid in the middle and non-existent at the end.

The opening scene where Snow and friends bust out Lightning was poorly written, and I say this because it's not at all memorable to me. Compare this to Snow using his flash grenade, and then later breaking out of prison with his C4. THAT was well written (probably unrealistic too, but who cares), purely because it contained unique content. Unique content makes or breaks action scenes, imo. You can have pages of characters dodging, parrying and feeling exhaustion, but it blurs together for the average reader because standard combat is just too hard to write. When you introduce new unique variables like C4's, magic attacks (things with powerful imagery, like tornadoes and ice storms), or ninja-ing behind someone and pulling a Metal Gear Solid 4 body search (you can youtube that if you've never played the game), that's when action increases in quality.

This only truly bothered me at the end of your story. It's because you wrote a decent action/adventure segment when Hope and Snow were captured, and another decent one when Hope was trying to rescue Lightning. And then the action totally disappeared in the end, never to be used again. Again, I'm just feeling a sense of imbalance here, and I don't know if I'm getting my point across well. Final Fantasy is a bit of an action-y game. If you could work that in more with such a long story, I think it'd be super optimal.

On that note: Lightning's characterization was solid. She felt largely like the original Lightning. I really enjoyed her interrogation with Vargus, where she slipped up and referred to Hope as Hope instead of Mr. Estheim. That's an excellent way to show she has feelings while still maintaining her personality (she's still being generally cold or tough, and it's only subtle wordings that reveal she likes Hope). What I would try avoid with a character like Lightning is tsundere-talk. I say this because a few times in the story Lightning came across as a bit of a type-A tsundere, and I felt, "This isn't really Lightning, so I can't take this seriously."

As a general example of what to avoid with a character like Lightning: vehemently denying her feelings and stuttering while doing it (i.e. the traditional "I-Idiot! Like I would fall in love with anyone!"). It's great in small doses for comedy, but you have to be very careful with it when using it with Lightning. Canon Lightning would probably keep cool in near any situation, and shouldn't be visibly caught off guard often. Not that I remember any specific tsundere-lines from Lightning right now; it's just a small vibe I picked up at times.

If this food-for-thought helps refine any future dialogue or inspire any cool action scenes, then I'm happy. And great job! I hope you're had as much fun writing this story as I did reading.