Reviews for To the Bone
touch.the.sound chapter 2 . 5/25/2013
This story is extremely chilling, and touching. You truly captured emotion here. I love it!
moonlightfrog chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This is really well-written and dramatic; poor Tim, and poor Bruce for not knowing how to deal with the aftermath.
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
This actually had me tearing up,reading what happened to poor Tim...
Tribi chapter 2 . 4/11/2012
Great story, for some strange reason I was in the mood for Tim Drake angst and this hit the spot exactly. I even read it twice.

Thanks!
Crazy Queen Of Darkness chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
wow, this was disturbing and excellently written.
Darknight chapter 2 . 6/29/2011
Yay. My daily dose of torture and angst is now complete. Batcat! I love it. Poor Tim, so messed up. XD
Birdgirl204 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
BATCAT! How adorable. If I ever get a dog, it'll either be named Ace or Krypto. "It crawled into a paper bag!" That is so totally my sister. It does get annoying.

I want bat-symbol cookies!
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 2 . 1/5/2011
That was... wow.
Master Elora Dannan chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Sorry, the annoying review function cut out my Bruce-descriptor. Let me try this again, in a way that won't get it deleted. The Bruce I mentioned liking is the "Awkward and Hesitant Too-Young Father of Too Many Teenagers" Bruce. Which makes it predictable and adorable that Inpain!Timmy just has to HINT that he wants a black cat and Bruce goes running out to get one. If Tim had mumbled that he wanted the moon, I think Wayne Industries would be in the process of buying it, or Bruce would be working out a way for Clark to go get it for him. (lol not really. Well, maybe. I could imagine Bruce buying PART of the moon for him. Or having Clark fly Tim there. He'd probably do that.)
Master Elora Dannan chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
Yikes. This is both heart-breaking and heart-warming and freaky and funny, all at the same time. The BADTHINGS! from the beginning to Tim spamming Kon with pictures of Batcat (awesome-st name ever), and everyone's reactions...very well done. I especially love your !Bruce, which is a part of his character I enjoy exploring, if only because we don't see him often enough. A trippy-on-drugs Tim mumbles something about kittens, and I went "Oh, yeah, he's gonna..." and Bruce dashes out and comes back with a black one and looks so RELIEVED that he got it right. _ Cuteness...I would love to read more of this, if you're interested in continuing it.
Tokiyoshi chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
Wow! I really love your story! Love that you added another chapter in there. Thanks so much for writing! The emotion you captured from Tim to Bruce is really nice. Keep writing!
cameronx chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
wow, really love this story, despite its disturbing facets. reminds me of the book Magnetic Field(s) by Loewinsohn, though this is perhaps a bit more graphic
BurnishTomatoes chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
See, when you're occupying your time and you have insomnia, you read stories late at night, or early in the morning, that look like they'll suck so you can just click away when it's time to sleep. So, of course, it turns out that you made this completely and utterly awesome. I don't really have the energy to articulate how much I adore the emotion you get from this. It's spaced out...nicely, every line has the right affect to it, it's spaced so that you think eve the regular lines about nothing that you need to fill in spaces are dramatic. You made each line sound sad and important and...your fight scenes are good. You seem to have given it a disjointed affect, but in a good way. It feels disjointed the way that you think Tim would make it feel disjointed. There's just...so much I'd love to tell you is awesome about this story, but I'll wager you already know, I'm tired and have to go to bed, so I'm just going to hit the favorite button and we'll call it even? (ignore the run-on sentence-ness that's probably going on right now, Iom too lazy to correct myself at the moment)
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Wow, I read your livejournal version of this story...it sure was an emotionally tense, horrifying journey for Robin. Even at the end of this story, Robin was still only starting to recover from his ordeal. You have a knack for writing things that are fascinatingly disturbing (that's a compliment lol).
suerum chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I usually just read Batman and Nightwing fics and don't comment much because it's not my fandom or the usual place I hang out. Yet, I found this piece to be really intriguing. It involved an interesting topic that was handled in an delicately oblique manner. I also thought that the aftermath of the event with everyone trying to help Tim in any way they could was very well done.

Still, I have to be honest, the real pivotal reason that caused me to post a review was when you included licorice ice cream! I adore licorice (I don't call it black licorice because there really isn't any other kind, since licorice is a flavor not a color). I used to be able to find licorice ice cream but it's been years and years since I've had any. So, this particular review was in appreciation of your allowing me a brief vicarious moment of sharing Tim's licorice ice cream with him high atop the Gotham skyline.