Reviews for Book Club
Redline57 chapter 3 . 7/23
This was great! Awesome job, I loved it!
Major Mike Powell III chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
Well, well, soldier...

This was nice!

LOL at the start and the girls' experimentation and :DD at the li'l lime there. Very nice!

Then, LMAO at Minami forgetting Sunday. LMAO Memory lapses. Gotta hate'em. :P

I RLY liked the evolution of Miyuki and Minami's relationship and how Yutaka became Minami's "daughter". O

And then, the epilogue...Oh MY! ROFL That's loco! XD Like mothers, like daughters! :DD

And so, this answers my question as to who Miyuki hooks up with in "Bonds of Sisterhood"! _

Very nice work, marine!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
Sturmgeschuts chapter 3 . 1/1/2011
Hmm...I like this entirely, but there is something bothering me.

There is small mention of it, but there is little to no truly explicit content, and the rating just doesn't seem to fit. I understand if you're simply using the rating based on the relation to 'Bonds' or because you had originally intended this to be explicit, but I'm afraid it doesn't sit well with me.

All in all, The Gunner approves!

ArmorBlade chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
Good wrap up. Interesting way to conclude the triangle in such bonds, but I can't disagree with it. Something along the lines that as Miyuki was like an older sister to Minami, Minami could be the older sister of Yutaka, though worked better with the original two since they were both an only child while Yutaka practically has two already. So you did good in my book to describe it as you did.

Also congrats on completing your first multi-chapter story, even if a side tale related to 'Bonds'.
Drake Nolsa chapter 3 . 9/22/2010
ok ok, no love triangle, calm down. It just seemed like it.

Minami as Yutaka's 'mother'... Oddly enough, that sounds just about right actually. Sure sounds cute enough as well.

Yukari and Minami's mother... oh you dirty bastard. Like mothers like daughters. Now I can't get the thoughts out of my head at all, not that I mind. Yuri is a beautiful thing after all, despite how this was turning.

As for the end of it. You just got into the 'Bonds' I believe. It's what you're doing that's for sure.
Solarius Scorch chapter 3 . 9/22/2010
I read and really enjoyed this fic. You have a good writing style, it just reads well and smoothly. I also like your characterisation that is neither awkward nor overly superfluous; the characters' thoughts and emotions are pretty clear without exaggerated descriptions, which is a mark of good writing skills. If it was a serious fic I would say things have gone WAY too fast between Minami and Miyuki (especially since neither of them is particularly dynamic), but since it was more of a crack fic it's perfectly fine.

Bonus points for "K-On!" reference. I know I can be bought rather cheaply... [And I know about those doujins. Futanari I presume?]

If I were to give any advice, it would be to change author's notes to footnotes. Squishing them in the middle of the story looks rather amateurish to me.

Oh, and check the difference between "it's" and "its"... You're a native speaker so you should know better than me. :P
ArmorBlade chapter 2 . 8/30/2010
The dynamic that I can see happening between Minami and her two best friends truely will be...just wow. Dramatic, conflicting, will Yutaka's innocence prevail to keep her out of the boxing ring? It really truely is a powerful blow to the head - there's going to be trouble here, and evily enough we the readers are going to enjoy this.

Even that aside, you write Minami very well. As you said her character is most akin to yourself. Though there's a lot of dull detail you seem to add to setting or actions, it does fit in how she might actually make those observations around her and in her daily tasks.

In part with 'Bonds', I'd say don't force yourself to make it a yuri extravangansa trying to pair everyone up. Then again you mentioned this story could be taken either way as on its own or prequel/side story.
Redline57 chapter 2 . 8/29/2010
Oh this was great. I loved it! Very cool, and I can't wait for more! Interesting pairing and idea, but a very good one. Nice job!
Yaaga chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
Just to get these out of the way - Hell yes K-ON!, and nice opening monologue. Moving on this was an interesting chapter, I have to agree with the person that said they expected a Minami love triangle, I kind of see it coming too and I approve if so. Also, just saying - Yutaka 4'6", Konata 4'8". I'm almost positive you were kidding when you said they were exactly equal in height but still. /nitpick. Anyway, thanks for the chapter and continuing, can't wait for more!
angel0wonder chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
YAY! I'm glad you decided to go forth with this one, I gauruntee it was the right descision!
Drake Nolsa chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
Simply put, Yutaka is going to be in a love triangle. It's a feeling I'm getting.

Of course, Minami would forget such an event. It's something that can be repressed due to stress. I mean, I've forgotten a lot of things when I was stressed. Like my last school's Headmaster. I can't remember his name at all.

K-on! I have to find which episode I was left off on Season 2. I just replay the pass episodes because they were fun.
Redline57 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
This story was great! I loved it. You should definitely continue on with this. This was well written, very nice job!
angel0wonder chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Oi! This junk shouldn't end here, it was just getting good! (huffs and waits)
Drake Nolsa chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I thought that you should connect this to your other story as well. This was sweet, very if you as me. But since Yukari seemed to have an interesting past, I now want to see it! So cute as always. Hope to see more.
Yaaga chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
All in all I'd say you did a good job with this. It's pretty well written, moves nicely, and best of all, it's an original idea. I know it's an original idea because as a near absolute rule Minami involved in romance Minami X Yutaka. Not sure if you intend to continue it as it is marked as complete, but if you were to I would approve.