Reviews for That Old Ten Percent Chestnut
SummerMistedDragon chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
SquiggytheMage chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
fanastikal chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Nicely done, and a nice elaboration, though I don't fault Balthazar for saying that in the movie. He DID clarify it with the 'You've heard that most people only use 10 percent . . .' Of course, Dave's heard that; most people have. But that doesn't make it true. It's one of the things I love about language, and interpretation. Balthazar didn't say it was true, so therefore it wasn't a lie. And, as you pointed out, it was a shortcut to help Dave understand how special he really was. Dave really couldn't see past being 'just' a nerd, and that was a very big obstacle. It literally took until the end of the movie. Thanks for this.
Radar1388 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
definitley an awesome one-shot, a very nice low-key scene
ruby890 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
that was nice. loved that.
Shadow Cat17 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Loved this!
Goldenfightergirl chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
i loved the excuse for the brain thing. I just watch the movie like yesterday and it bug me because it wasn't true.
Ocianne chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I've reviewed your stuff before, but have to drop back in to say that this... THIS is pitch perfect. You caught pretty much all the plotholes, I think, and you channeled Dave's quirkyness and Balthazar's snark in lovely fashion. Thanks for writing it. _
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
D'aaawwwwww...I saw this movie a few days before my birthday and found myself really liking it. Balthazar and Dave had a nice banter set up, and a great relationship.

Keep writing!
TheJediBakerGirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
The summary alone drew me in. 3

This is just so well-written! A little short, and I wish there was more to this.

This would be an uh-MAZING way to start off a whole story!
Argent-Jinx chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I wish this wasn't just a one-shot. I feel like there could be sooooo much more. So I loved it, obviously.

RoMythe chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Oh, nice little story! or will there be more? I hope so; that thing with Becky being a sorceress could be cool!
Bane WolfBlood chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Really good.
albert87 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Hey i like your story i'm curious to see where you are going with this story

Sara Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Very nice. I especially like how you addressed the whole "the percent of the brain" comment. That was the part of the movie that bugged me the most, but I love your explanation for it.