Reviews for Breach of Contract: Twelve Signs
kidneysrgood chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Well done, I just read through this story. I really liked it. Keep up the good work.
EndlessRain72 chapter 5 . 12/21/2010
A very good read. I liked Harry's character-very tough, very brutal, but still trying to do what he thinks is right/necessary. I thought the story was very well-written and highly original, and the murder mystery was intriguing and compelling. I don't think I've ever seen Remus shown quite like he is here before, but I rather like it. It seems highly in-character, taking into account the way he's acted in the past. I even liked the ambiguous ending; sure, it leaves a lot unanswered, but then so does life. I was glad to see everything didn't just get wrapped up nice and tidy for Harry.

Great story, 10/10
wizard chapter 5 . 12/8/2010
Great story... creative, edgy, professional.

very impressed
tkioz chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
Very impressive fic, I really enjoyed reading it.

I do hope you do another squeal, even if it's just about another case, without the contract being the focus. I'd love to find out what happened to some of the other characters, for example I don't think I saw a mention of Ginny once.
wtf chapter 5 . 11/5/2010
One of the most unique and refreshing HP stories I have read in a very long time.

The writing style itself is very good as well.

Very good job. It was a absolute pleasure being able to read this.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 5 . 10/15/2010
Well that was an interesting story with a different spin, and the writing mechanics were good.

But, the main conflict was *not* resolved and so the story doesn't satisfy as much.

This story, as posted, absolutely was about the contract and resolving the big lie that Harry is living. The murder-mystery was just a side show. It illuminated some characters and provided some plot advancement, but the main issue is unchanged.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 10/15/2010
Still a good mystery story.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
You almost need a "da, dum, DAAH!" at the end of this chapter.

The whodunnit aspect keeps us hooked, so entertaining chapter.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
This fic is entertaining and well written, but it grates on me for some reason - can't quite put my finger on it...
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Most intriguing start. Satisfyingly brutal Harry and a couple of mysteries, nicely done so far.
grace1237 chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
I rather like the ambiguous ending. The rest of the story flowed very well, plot-wise as well as character-wise. I'd avoided the story before because of the HP/NT pairing, but I have to say you made it work. Very well done :)
A Reviewer chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
Incredible, epic, awesome and wonderful. Par excellence. A great story and something I could actually consider calling a (short) epic in the dictionary sense.

You touched on a lot of fundamental issues such as happy endings, and crafted a hero who is delightfully and hypocritically human. In a lot of ways, I think he's someone that the average fan-fic reader could live with actually being. A little too angsty sometimes, but still pretty much an okay sort, and one that fights first not for himself, or for nebulous concepts such as 'king and country' but for his friends, and the people that he loves. Really good stuff.

I'm also really pleased, on a personal note, by the Harry/Tonks angle. There aren't nearly enough stories with that pairing running around. I duuno, to me it just makes sense. And while I understand that there are a lot of people that like Tonks/Lupin, and that there are a lot of people that think he's a 'fun guy', everything I've ever seen about him just screams 'whiny emo' and 'broods about being a monster all day and all night, on a daily basis'. *shrug* Maybe it's just me, but I know a guy who was like that. And while he's made great strides into being a happy adult, he was a good friend, but a detestably depressive bastard as a teenager. Guys like that only change one in a million.

Also, if 'terrible' was the ending you intended to eventually write up, I'm thrilled by the ambiguity of this ending. Feels more natural this way, and I'm not a fan of suffering, followed by failure. I liked those stories as a teenager. As an adult, adventure (that doesn't end in massive depressing events [bittersweet is okay]) and humor are my favorites now adays, so this was a good end as it is.

I'm looking forward to whatever you end up writing next, whenever I finally run across it. Great story, good luck with the next project.

Later
Stygian Styx chapter 5 . 9/10/2010
Fantastic story!
negligibleSanity chapter 5 . 9/8/2010
Excellent story, really. I loved the twists, they kept me guessing a lot. Well done.

-Artemis
Xynth chapter 5 . 9/4/2010
Truly an excellent piece of fanfiction, and probably the best mystery-fic that I've read on this site (granted, there haven't been many because most suck). It has all the hallmarks of the greats, with plenty of suspense, twists, and outright misdirection. I had no idea it would be the ghost, honestly. Great job!
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »