Reviews for Breach of Contract: Twelve Signs
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 5 . 10/15/2010
Well that was an interesting story with a different spin, and the writing mechanics were good.

But, the main conflict was *not* resolved and so the story doesn't satisfy as much.

This story, as posted, absolutely was about the contract and resolving the big lie that Harry is living. The murder-mystery was just a side show. It illuminated some characters and provided some plot advancement, but the main issue is unchanged.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 10/15/2010
Still a good mystery story.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
You almost need a "da, dum, DAAH!" at the end of this chapter.

The whodunnit aspect keeps us hooked, so entertaining chapter.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
This fic is entertaining and well written, but it grates on me for some reason - can't quite put my finger on it...
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Most intriguing start. Satisfyingly brutal Harry and a couple of mysteries, nicely done so far.
grace1237 chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
I rather like the ambiguous ending. The rest of the story flowed very well, plot-wise as well as character-wise. I'd avoided the story before because of the HP/NT pairing, but I have to say you made it work. Very well done :)
A Reviewer chapter 5 . 9/29/2010
Incredible, epic, awesome and wonderful. Par excellence. A great story and something I could actually consider calling a (short) epic in the dictionary sense.

You touched on a lot of fundamental issues such as happy endings, and crafted a hero who is delightfully and hypocritically human. In a lot of ways, I think he's someone that the average fan-fic reader could live with actually being. A little too angsty sometimes, but still pretty much an okay sort, and one that fights first not for himself, or for nebulous concepts such as 'king and country' but for his friends, and the people that he loves. Really good stuff.

I'm also really pleased, on a personal note, by the Harry/Tonks angle. There aren't nearly enough stories with that pairing running around. I duuno, to me it just makes sense. And while I understand that there are a lot of people that like Tonks/Lupin, and that there are a lot of people that think he's a 'fun guy', everything I've ever seen about him just screams 'whiny emo' and 'broods about being a monster all day and all night, on a daily basis'. *shrug* Maybe it's just me, but I know a guy who was like that. And while he's made great strides into being a happy adult, he was a good friend, but a detestably depressive bastard as a teenager. Guys like that only change one in a million.

Also, if 'terrible' was the ending you intended to eventually write up, I'm thrilled by the ambiguity of this ending. Feels more natural this way, and I'm not a fan of suffering, followed by failure. I liked those stories as a teenager. As an adult, adventure (that doesn't end in massive depressing events [bittersweet is okay]) and humor are my favorites now adays, so this was a good end as it is.

I'm looking forward to whatever you end up writing next, whenever I finally run across it. Great story, good luck with the next project.

Stygian Styx chapter 5 . 9/10/2010
Fantastic story!
negligibleSanity chapter 5 . 9/8/2010
Excellent story, really. I loved the twists, they kept me guessing a lot. Well done.

Xynth chapter 5 . 9/4/2010
Truly an excellent piece of fanfiction, and probably the best mystery-fic that I've read on this site (granted, there haven't been many because most suck). It has all the hallmarks of the greats, with plenty of suspense, twists, and outright misdirection. I had no idea it would be the ghost, honestly. Great job!
I-Am-Silence chapter 5 . 9/4/2010
Excelent story, really great! In all honesty I hope that you dont do a sequel. This ending was perfect.
Tmctflyboy chapter 5 . 9/1/2010
i absolutly loved this story. it was something magical to read. im glad that you ended it where you did, it seemed to fit the whole sense of the story.
Syrius chapter 5 . 8/31/2010
Good god what an awesome story. It's been a long time since I've read anything like this. This case of yours, it's weaved throughout the story so perfectly, it's like reading a proper detective novel. A darker HP story with plot twists and all. Hadn't even figured out the killer (though I should've) untill you revealed it.

Sir, you write like a professional! Grammatically sound, it was a good read. The story really had me hooked since the beginning.

Thank you for posting this. I had a wonderfull time reading it.
greywizard-dumblemort chapter 5 . 8/29/2010
Epic from start to finish. You've outdone yourself with this- I can't for the life of me understand why I started reading a bit of this once and dropped it- its sensational!

The pacing early on might not be to everyone's taste (including myself on a long night apparently) but this is one serious peice of win.

Well done
peruvianprincess chapter 5 . 8/24/2010
Such an edgy story. It made me squirm the whole time I was reading it. That's how I can tell it was really good! I wasn't quite sure if I should be cheering Harry on or not. Love the ship too.
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »