Reviews for The Story Hands
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 4 . 8/11/2013
I am not reviewing much because I have very little time. I am sorry if that feels like short changing you but I will be called for dinner soon...
I am really enjoying this story. Your depiction of many levels of prejudice is very inclusive: Maids are prejudiced against their royal employers, and visa versa, human villagers are prejudiced against someone they believe to be a witch simply because she is reclusive and has funny eyes, and now you have that same person, herself a victim of much prejudice, revealing that her own heart has also fallen into prejudice. Isn't that what life is like in a selfish unequal world where people value conformity rather than diversity?
The saddest prejudice to me so far is Adele's for her employer. Here is an opportunity that no other group has had: to get to know one another as friends and companions, and yet her jealousy of Claudia's physical beauty has blinded her to the opportunity to be a valued and respected confidant to one of a class otherwise out of her reach.
I like Felicity. I don't blame her for her reaction. You have shown her also to have prejudices, but unlike all the others she is willing to give people a chance... and lets be honest here, Adele's comment was terribly offensive, and considering the deadly hatred that others, with the same reaction, have displayed I am not surprised that she reacts with violent anger.
This is all I have time for now, but I hope to get back to this story sometime soon...
*waves*
Eva
Jkylies chapter 13 . 11/7/2011
Ok. I am going to be very honest about this. I hate Adele. You mention her pride in almost every paragraph. She's rude and mean and ignorant. Now I believe she has the potential to become a great character but for now I would like you to slowly start making her a more bearable human being. Don't get me wrong, I do like this story. I think it's original and I've read all 13 chapters straight. I think it can be a great story. Update soon -A crystal tear
Backroads chapter 13 . 8/23/2011
Ooh, I'm glad to see an update for this. Adele had a lot of personality here-her worry for Peter, her snippets of attitude with Modrain. I liked the matter-of-fact training; however, I think the "quick trick" where she dreams of the real world she learned is too important to be into summary like that. You should have her discovering it.
xXJustSomeRandomKidXx chapter 13 . 7/31/2011
Okay, so I just found your story today, an I love it! My favorite part would probably be this:

James backed away, not so much from fear, rather contempt at being near her. "Fine, whatever. If you say so. I'm sure you'd rather suggest that I imagined seeing you talking to yourself in the middle of an empty street. Right?"

Shoving herself past him, and heading for the door, Adele

nodded, "You better believe it."

You gotta love their humour :]

I kinda like James. He just cares about Peter, right? If I

saw someone running talking about beaches, I'd be pretty

freaked out...

Have fun at Camp NaNoWriMo. That sounds so funny! Imagine a bunch of people going around on the street saying, "I'm going to Camp NaNoWriMo!" or "Camp NaNoWriMo was awesome!" maybe even "Dude! Camp NaNoWriMo was epic!"

Yeah, I'm kinda weird...

XD
EstrangeloEdessa chapter 12 . 2/26/2011
Edessa's unimaginative right now... but I liked this chapter!
Whispering Flame chapter 2 . 2/12/2011
I like our story so far! The porlouge was suspencsfull! :)
cowgirlout2 chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
When I was reading this story I really did get caught up in the whole situation of the witch/woman and was really surprised by the ending. Very well done Delia. very well done...
Backroads chapter 12 . 1/23/2011
Hmm... I think with the addition of this chapter I really did like this whole scene with Peter. Adele's passionate reponse to his situation was very clear in this chapter, and a lot of sparks were flying between her and pretty much everyone which was clearly a crucial thing to read. I am touched by how concerned she is for Peter, and I'm a little curious as to James' accusations of her not caring. It makes me want to learn more about James.

Ah, return of the Story Hands tribe! I confess I almost forgot about them, the silliness! The voice is a fantastic way of keeping her to her path, so to speak, and I'm glad you kept her defiancy even throughout her need to train.
Iliana11 chapter 12 . 1/10/2011
So, I know I'm a little behind on my consistent reviewing, but hey, I'm reviewing now! With my sanity and sleep in tact! Haha, I like this James character. Will he be returning more? He's kind of funny, in a socially awkward sort of way. And yes, I like this milk treatment. It sounds interesting. :) Although I'm no doctor...nor do I want to be. But I still find this fascinating! Haha, yes! The plot thickens! She's ready to go back to the Story Hand Tribe...well, she may not be ready, but they're ready for her! Mostly...lol. Haha, at seventeen, she's hardly an adult. Trust me on this. She may *think* she's an adult, but there's still a lot of growing to do. (And I would know.)

Again, thank you for your updates! :)
Backroads chapter 11 . 1/3/2011
While I adore the subtle creation of the Peter Pan story here (I'm a Peter Pan addict) I am just terrified for poor Peter! Darn childhood violence, though you do have me wondering if it is more than that. I don't know if I trust everyone in this area. Heck, I've been thinking that since last chapter. It boggled my mind how the other children were able to see so much of this... I guess I'm just now trying to figure out how Adele's powers/gifts work.
Backroads chapter 10 . 1/3/2011
Aww... I like this family. And I don't think Adele is a girly name, though it does remind me of my old boss' wife who was a lovely and very fun woman who got us all headbanging to Frank Sinatra one time. But yes, I can see how a little boy would find it girly, especially when little boys find everything that isn't specifically boyish to be girly. Del is a darling nickname, though.

I liked the description of Peter's house. Maybe could use a bit more description, but I like the quick simplicity of it, so you shouldn't change that too much.

The dwellers of the house, on the other hand... wow. Freaky, due to Adele's apprehension about the place. All these subtle fairy tale characters living in one place is cause for at least curiosity!

Little kid fighting... that is pretty much how it goes down! Excellent description and dialogue of how the kids interact. Though with Adele's reaction to everything... that is cause for concern! Gasp! Her magic powers?
EstrangeloEdessa chapter 10 . 1/1/2011
Oh, what a charming child.

Cinderella is Peter Pan's mother? Right. That makes sense...

You know, I'm really curious as to how this will be explained. Robin Hood and Cinderella together, having Peter? I swear, you are the most creative person I know. :)

GASP! Brain flash... This is ROBIN HOOD, living in SHERYLWOOD FOREST, or close to it... ha ha! I feel smart.

Insidious trees? You're just determined, aren't you?

She can't go on scratching her hands forever... I have the feeling that soon, the itching will turn into something MUCH more worrisome. On a more writerly subject, I think you're doing a really great job keeping Adele's hand problem not far from the mind, while not making it annoying with so many mentions. (That definitely made sense in my head.)

I'm really curious about the way Adele doesn't entirely trust Cinderella. True, I wouldn't trust such kindness either... plus, I personally am suspicious of the fact that she's living here with Hood and Peter when she should be either a) with her evil stepfamily or b) at a palace.

This seems a lavish breakfast for poor peasant folk. Edessa continues to be suspicious.

GAACK! GAACK! GAACK! Peter has bad grammar.

"Girls are stupid. PIXIE DUST!" Muffins, I love this character.

Wow. What a bully. I hope something really terrible happens to this guy.

Not just a bully... he's TERRIBLE. He better DIE.
Iliana11 chapter 11 . 1/1/2011
Aww, please don't let the Peter die! Children don't kill each other, accident or not! Unless it's Lord of the Flies. In Which case...yeah. Good book, though!

Anyway...I'm trying to get better with my reviewing. :) I'm only regaining the good kind of sanity! Don't worry, I'm still as crazy as usual. So crazy that I threw an author's fit this morning (well, afternoon, actually...) because I had no new muse to work with now that STA is finished. I decided to pour over STA and edit it again.

Oops, my bad. Got it! Wendy is the girl. (That makes more sense, really.) Kids are far more innocent and less likely to judge. I've had this conversation with Mockingbyrd's Tune before, actually.

Yes indeed, I liked this chapter! Also, question. About how old is Adele? I picture her around 16 or 17, but I wanted to double check, since I can't remember if it was actually stated. It probably was and I forgot. Stupid inconsistent sleep patterns. :)
Iliana11 chapter 10 . 12/30/2010
I know. It's about time I stop being lazy and review for once. ;) But as I'm mildly regaining my sanity once more, hopefully reviews will be far more consistent! Nope, it didn't bother me one bit. I found it quite cute, actually. I'm doing a facepalm, because I realized after reading this chapter what you are going for with Peter and his sister "Hood" and Cinderella (who I'm sure we'll find out more about). I enjoyed the family and the kids! So darling. That's just like little kids, too. :) Nicknames, fights, etc. You always have such incredible endings to your chapters. That's one thing you're very good at! It always leaves the reader wanting more.

With that said, you'd better update soon! :D Or else! Or else...oh hmm...I'm terrible with threats...or really being menacing in the first place. So I'll switch to being cute.

Please, my darling Delia, would you update this story. It is a fantastic read, and I quite want to find out more about Cinderella and the children and what in the world happens to our dear heroine, Adele. (Although I'm in 'cute' mode, I'm actually quite serious about everything I'm saying. True story.)

I'll stop before the silliness kicks in even more. :)

But seriously, update. :)
Backroads chapter 9 . 12/29/2010
So here come the stories, then. Wow! Really, it hit the excitement button when I saw her reacting to this kiddie conversation with these stories. I guess I always expected something of the kind due to the title but it's just awesome to actually be seeing it like this! It was a great flow off of the emotions of sadness she is feeling right now. It's at once epic and sweet. Love the kids!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »