Reviews for Summer Calls
csiAngel chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
I loved this fic! You've got each of the characters spot on; all the dialogue was so in character. It was a lovely read.
Lydian Stone chapter 7 . 2/29/2012
Well done! The conversations struck a balance of light but pointed and everyone was well in character. It was paced perfectly & was all around a delightful read.
alreadysomeone chapter 7 . 6/17/2011
Love the concept of all these calls over the summer between and amongst them all! And I liked the ending... hopeful. Must now scour your page on for a sequel!
RGoodfellow64 chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
I just found summer Calls. I was looking for another story that I read a while back and found yours and it sounded interesting so I read it. I am so glad I did. Although we all know what happened in the season 3 premiere this story has so much hope in it that it just sucked me in and I could not stop till I'd read it all.

This is a very interesting premise and I think you nailed the characters spot on. they really did sound like themselves on the show. Thank you for a wonderful story.
Mark C chapter 7 . 3/27/2011
This was a great story and I truly enjoyed it.

I liked the fact that you got to hear from everyone and that at some point all their conversations with one another eventually led to Castle and Beckett.

The last chapter gives us hope that Rick will decide to pursue a relationship with Kate because I think after he talked to Lanie all the pieces to the puzzle finally fell into place. It appears that he'd be willing to take the risk for a romantic relationship with Kate which is good. Kate would therefore have to be willing as well but I think she would.

Good job.
ccgirl921 chapter 7 . 3/19/2011
I really enjoyed this story. I liked how it was told through phone calls. I actually really liked the end - it was the perfect way to end this story. :)
starwoods chapter 7 . 9/17/2010
wauw! I just don't know how to describe this and your other castle stories. They are just perfetct! You have written them very well! I hope you will write more (:

Ps: will you please consider an epi because dammmmn!:D 3
phalangesbyfive chapter 7 . 8/29/2010
"I don't know," he said softly. "Besides, she's made her opinion pretty clear."

"An opinion it sounds like you've been reinforcing," his mother pointed out.

THIS part was perfect. It was made even more perfect because Martha was the one to say it. I think this sums up the Caskett relationship excellently. Wow.

Lanie and Castle on the phone? I laughed the entire time. Even her thought process is entertaining. I like the way you write her.

I think the ending was the best out of all of the ways it could have ended. You didn't make it unrealistically fluffy, but you didn't make it hopeless. There was room for imagination.

Fantastic story. Looking forward to another in the near future :D
phalangesbyfive chapter 6 . 8/29/2010
Just now getting around to finishing this story. I love the calls in this one. They weren't between characters I expected, but they were great. Esposito and Ryan are hilarious, but their conversation was the perfect way to show how deep their love and concern for Beckett runs.

The Castle/Beckett dynamic is changing, as it should now that they're talking more regularly, and I'm interested to see where the next chapter takes it. Going to read it now.
Nathan fan chapter 7 . 8/23/2010
I'm FINALLY getting caught up on my reviews! Better late than never. Lanie is such an awesome friend! She can read Kate so well and has such a great sense of when to push, when to back off, when to joke and when to be serious. My absolute favorite part of this first conversation is when Kate said, "There are no sides." I totally appreciate her willingness to be open minded about all that has happened since she honestly hasn't come to terms with her own feelings yet. Martha is absolutely fantastic talking to Castle! I love her line that even he can't be that dense :) She gives excellent advice and she sure hit the nail on the head when she pointed out that he's been reinforcing Kate's opinion that he would be a poor risk for a committed relationship. It's a loving slap upside the head. You did a delightful job with Lanie and Castle :) She is SOOOO good at making him figure out the source of the problem without betraying Kate in any way. I loved the change in her tone of voice when Lanie said, "And how did writing the book go?" You really showed how much she was enjoying laying it on Castle! Castle's rant about what it was like to call a woman's best friend for information was hysterical :) I loved the final call to Kate and I can totally accept where they are. They both value their friendship and partnership highly, and realize that a failed relationship could cost them everything. Of course, in my mind, I can be the little voice in Castle's head as he drives home - and I can remind him of all the ways that he and Kate complement each other - and I can make him see the wonderful possibilities for a happy life together - and I can convince him to make his move and go for Kate! So, you see, you left me completely satisfied :)
OrionTheHunter chapter 7 . 8/17/2010
Great! Thanks for writing.
Nathan fan chapter 6 . 8/14/2010
Thank you for an Alexis / Kate call! I love to see that relationship build. You chose a perfect issue as the purpose for the call, and Kate gave awesome advice. I especially liked Kate pointing out that what would hurt Castle the most was if she altered her plans because of him. It's very insightful of Kate to realize that Alexis loves her dad enough to do just that and to also know Castle well enough to know how he would feel. The whole conversation had a perfectly believable tone. LOVE Castle's opening statement to Kate :) It's great that he verbalizes his thanks to her. You did a great job of letting the conversation flow seamlessly into the case update too. Now - I have to be honest - I wanted to slap Castle upside his stupid head for going for the joke and then saying that he liked his playboy lifestyle. I totally understand that you're taking the realistic route - but I still want to rattle his teeth :) I appreciated how you followed up his statements with the concerns - from both of them - that a serious relationship would mean change and could affect the friendship that they both value. I also liked that Kate could admit that neither one of them honestly knew what they wanted at this point. Perfect conversation between Ryan and Esposito! They're looking out for Kate and doing their best to keep abreast of all of the gossip. I chuckled over the reference to Lanie pulling one over on Esposito in the past :) It was so like Ryan to call Kate! I loved his statement that, "Partner code trumps guy code." The hazing is a fun idea! I loved what they did to him in the name of the curse in Wrapped Up In Death. Are you going to continue this through his return so that we get to see the hazing? hint... hint
ChristyLoisGilmore17 chapter 7 . 8/13/2010
I know this is where it ends but could you write another story that continues from this point. I think it would be great. You did a great job with this story. I just loved how almost all the conversations were phone calls.
tridecalogisms chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
awwww, as always i loved this set of calls and i'm sad to see this story end...sequel? hahaha, kidding...well, kind of, lol...amazing story and the end was just about perfect, absolutely loved it all...look forward to reading more of your work!
Toto chapter 7 . 8/12/2010