Reviews for Wake Me
Etemenanki chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Oh god. You've warned, but oh God. This was really heavy, very real ... but I like the way you told the story.
Dark Kaneanite chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
*cries and latches onto Bret*

Emotional rollercoaster Jeri, you say I can manipulate them but you are the tru Master...wait, Mistress...no Madam! That's it, you are the true Madame of the art. I bow in awe of your talent.
slashburd chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Now that was a very emotional read :( You really got a tormented and unhappy Bret captured perfectly and it was a difficult thing to get to the end of in all the right ways.

The dialogue is just so engrossing yet gut-wrenching. You wrote Bret here with absolute honesty and there's nothing about it that seems false or overwrought which is partly what makes it that kind of hard read. It's also a sign of your skill that Bret here isn't wheedly or whiny, he's just human and tormented :(

I can't say I 'enjoyed' the read as I'm sure it wasn't the aim of a piece like this. What I can say is that it was a piece that I'm glad I read in its entirity, that your writing was as excellent as ever and it made me feel for Bret and think of all the emotions he must've gone through. That itself makes this fantastic piece of writing that I can appreciate on a deeper level.
takers dark lover chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
This was a very sad story and very well done. Great job.
Shawns Guardian Angel chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I am so glad that I did not let anyone read this. Wow Jeri. That was really intense and I see why it woke you up. I dont think I could have slept through this kind of session.

I feel for Bret. He's afraid-so afraid to talk about his feelings. I feel so bad for him. And I can see him sitting in that chair all clammy and sweating...jaw clenching at thoughts of Vinny Mac...

And falling...God that was almost too much for me. You seeing those pictures didnt help either. :(

This was good Jeri...the writing, but very sad.
redsandman99 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh man. I felt so terrible for Bret here. Terrific job.
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
WOW!
Freak-of-the-night21 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Wow that was a tear jerker. I think that you should continue with the story, it's really good and I would be a loyal follower of this story.