Reviews for M is for Mags
HG.Girl97 chapter 8 . 11/12/2011
Poor Mags, I feel bad. Hopefully she gets a good score, her mentors annoy me, I can't wait until she wins and shoves it in their faces:)
TheTrackerJacker chapter 8 . 11/11/2011
Oh my god, Mags...

D:

But I wonder what score she'll get... :D Probably a great one!
HG.Girl97 chapter 7 . 6/26/2011
I am in love with this story!:) Tessala annoys me, but it's all cool since we all know who the vicors going to be. I can't wait to find out what Mags' training score is. She seems to be pretty skilled with the sword.
flymeawaytoneverland chapter 7 . 6/25/2011
..so.. I was just browsing through the Hunger Games stories at like, 2:30am.. trying to make myself tired.. deciding I'd look for a few multichapters, and read the first chapter or two to see if I might like it and finish it when I'm more alert.. this was the first to catch my eye, so I decided to check it out.. I read the first, than the second, and I was hooked.. it is now 3:18am, but I can proudly say I finished all 7 chapters.. and they are amazing!

I seriously am in love with this story.. I love that you made Mags capable, but not overly so.. I love that you made her confidant but also shy.. and I love that you gave her an alliance with someone who weren't the careers..

this truly is an amazing story, and I can't wait to read more.. update soon as you can!
Wintermoth chapter 7 . 6/25/2011
O_O Wow, where the hell have you been? Welcome back :)

Might I recommend you get a beta reader? I was noticing some repeat words and little grammatical things...Nothing major.

Oh, check out my HG story called The Color of Blood!
3hunna chapter 6 . 12/26/2010
Emmdog! C'mon man, you can't let this story just flop! loved the other two games and I'm expecting a new Chapter for Mags' games withen a few days of this review! But anyways, I love how your making an all girl alliance and, as a fellow dude, I feel your pain when it coems to being mistaken as a girl. Anyways, keep up the good work!
TheTrackerJacker chapter 6 . 11/7/2010
Sensing some bonding and foreshadowing and character development and characters that I'll cry over and...this story is great!

Update soon. I'm serious. :) lol

I'm loving Aurii. Wonder what she's going to be like?
TheTrackerJacker chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
Nice story! I like your interpretation of Mags. She's sweet and likable- and I totally get your annoyance at being mistaken for a girl. I mean, I'm a girl, but...everyone, for some reason, always assumes the writer of a story is female.

No idea why, though. P

Keep it up!
Wintermoth chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
:D Ooh, time for some girl powa! :D Cause, ya know, girls kick ass. (Proven two weeks ago when I broke up a guy fight at school...)

Thanks for updating finally :) I take it school's gettin rough, huh? I've got so much homework, plus swim training, and the fall play *headdesk*
Ilovepeeta98 chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Cool love the idea
Toxophilite chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
I have stuck with you.

And great chapter, interested to see the alliance kick butt :)
hungergamesfreak chapter 5 . 9/28/2010
This is really good! I love it and your other two stories!

I don know whether this was done purposefully but I really liked Blythe in the first story, but in the second she seemed already a middle aged adult, and not a very nice person, and the same goes for Ariella. I do really love the story though, Mags always seemed like a very minor character (I cried at Rue's death, but Mags always seemed so insignificant)

Good job,

Keep righting.

(I hate stupid mistakes. I'm not even going to bother getting rid of it. It's rather amusing. It's quite late at night and I have been waking up to early and getting to sleep too late. Im making ridiculous mistakes. Yesterday I spelled goes as gose, missplaced my iPod about five times, said that the Capitol (too much hunger games) of Belgium was Brussels Sprouts (my friend hinted it was a food kids don't like.) I think I need to go to sleep)
Hahukum Konn chapter 3 . 9/20/2010
A bit of a nitpick - why is breakfast "chilling on ice" when it's scrambled eggs and stuff? Eggs taste kinda gross when they're cold.
Molly chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
I love all of your stories! i read the 1st and the 2nd hunger games and they were fantastic! this story is really good too, Mags is my favorite victor (besides Katniss and Peeta), and im so glad that someone is writing a story about her. Anyways keep up the good writing! You rock!
Double Feature chapter 5 . 8/18/2010
By your reply it sounds like I landed an attack or something on you, which wasn't the case. It's your choice entirely for extra detail, description and insight but some of us will want more, and maybe as an alternative, some will want less, but I think you're a few lightyears away from purple prose.

My reason for asking was that you was lightly scolded in the reviews for the first story for the main character not winning, and a secondary character becoming the champion, which judging by the reviews was a common thing in the fandom for a 'shock' ending.

In your second story, you asked us who you wanted to win and warned us about sudden POV changes despite Arielle being the main character, and this made the story awkward to read and disrupted the flow of your writing.

You've made it clear that your next project is a Quarter Quell, and with the case of the first quell the theme is very personal to the tributes, and its likely the games will be filled with riffraff and outcasts. If you want to improve writing and want to make a career in it, whether or not its just a hobby now, you need to go into further detail and give us more characters to connect with and follow, rather than just having the girl from District 8 who you've paid no attention to whatsoever defend her ally from the main character and mortally wound them in the process, or even just having them as mere background statistics to keep things fastpaced. Whilst your main character is setting up camp a completely new character who was there all along gets butchered just to keep things interesting. Get my point?

It's also my opinion, and I'm sure you'll agree, that stories like this with a character elimination process are far more interesting when there isn't a completely obvious frontrunner who's going to win the thing, or make it to the final two. Whilst its a bigger task for sure, it's by far more interesting and rewarding to write, weaving plots and characters together rather than having them pop up for your convenience.

Heed my advice or don't, but if you do defo use 3rd person for the quell, it just reads and looks better rather than formatting 'POV CHANGE TO _ D10' above a smallish body of text, and don't believe anyone when they say 1st person allows you to explore the main character to a grander scale than 3rd. Not only does it cast all the other characters into the shadows, but its only pro is that with the extended attention and screentime the reader will almost always root for them rather than picking their own favourites if you had a more eloborate and detailed cast.

PS

As for the current story "but I don't think the reader should know any more than Mags knows" - I'm pretty sure she knows how other tributes look, rather than just the careers and the 11 girl and has picked up on their mannerisms and traits by now.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »