Reviews for Honey's Song
Mr. Snarks chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
"People did not bleed in blue or green." might be one if the greatest lines I've read on here.

This was such a well done story, with the indifferent, desinsitzed imagery from the quasi-innocence of a young girl clashing with the nihilistic violence of the wastes and no one seems to acknowledge it. And her own world view is completed by these atrocities, having grown up in and around them; rape and murder and narcotics are mentioned as casually as her preciously sadistic paintings. It actually felt like the Raiders were more concerned about the hellishness of the world whereas she just rolls with it, and normally it's the other way around.

That, and the Teddybear, I thought, was a great metaphor for her steadily loosing losing her innocence and purity and dignity of childhood, piece by piece. The bear is the one thing left in this world that's considered "good" and soon it'll just be a featureless stump at the rate she's "growing up"– just like her conscience will be in the future.

All this being said, I really hope you decide to come back to this story at some point. This is a wealth of potential you have here.
zarien chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
wow good job keep it up if u can
TheNightmirage chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I really like this!

Your use of the color red is disturbingly beautiful. This is also the first time I've seen a story about a Raider child. I never really thought of them as a possibility, but I suppose even Raiders have to repopulate. Honey is obviously not Raider material, however, and I'd love to see more about her.

Very unique and well done!
Bonnia chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
that's still really good. keep writing!
Bonnia chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
this is really good. KEEP WRITING IT!
Kassandra Black chapter 2 . 7/29/2010
Very interesting concept. I look forward to reading about Honey's adventures. You write extremely well - completely pulling me into the story! Great job!
Sanima chapter 2 . 7/29/2010
Very cool so far. Good dictation and no spelling errors, which is always refreshing; pace is a little fast, but nothing that detracts from the overall story. Both main characters are still fairly two-dimensional, but there's lots of time to flesh them out. The teddy bear was a great detail. I love how "Honey" protects him from the horrors she's forced to face.

All in all, an intriguing start. Looking forward to an update!
MarcUK chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Great story, from interesting angle. It is easy to forget that the Raiders are humans too, and there is nothing to say that they don't care for the children like the rest of us: Wanting the best for our kids.

Clearly Similing Jack wants to protect his little Honey, and he is clearly all too aware of the unsuitability of a Raider camp for child-rearing, hence the reason he shelters her within his shop, and is trying to teach her how to defend herself at such an early age.

It will be interesting where is goes from here.
AugustinianFrog chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Excellent work with description and character psychology. I was torn between trying to rationalize the brutal behavior and wondering if Honey could ever get out of this mess. What can be imagined is how a child would grow up in these conditions and yet her only solace is a teddy bear.

Very good. Keep it up.