Reviews for Some Assembly Required
Lmao, fantastic!
Sano S. Sagara chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
:giggles hysterically:
Blessed24 7 chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I wanted to talk with you and ask you something, but I can't find a personal message option on your profile page. So, first things first, I have a question and a comment about Some Assembly Required. Who was the 'he' Bones was swearing would never come near Jim? I read through that portion of the story a few times, but I couldn't figure out who 'he' was.

Secondly, a comment about the last portion of the story when Scotty and Bones are talking and Bones shares his story about his thirtieth b-day. In-story, you said that you really 'can't get' glass anymore, then you referred to the glass as 'cheap.' Wouldn't it's rare status increase its worth?

Anyways, that last paragraph wasn't meant to offend in any way- who knows, the rarity of the glass(in your story world) might not matter, society might deem it worthless due to its susceptibility to breaking. And hurting people when its broken.

Anyways, there is the longest comment ever. I loved your story. Jim and Bones FTW!
SecretSnow chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I love stories like this, that have a focus pairing but don't just exclude the other characters. I love how you portrayed scotty and spock and Chevlok, how their mere presence give the entire scen a different tone. I think one of the most powerful lines to portray this was "...even Spock's hoarse "Jim, don't!" wasn't enough to still him." It's just absolutely wonderful, to see them like this. The subtlty of it makes the entire scene so very real that I fell in love with this fic. Great Job.
Capella chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Scotty shrugged. "Aye, you would think, but the captain is like the Enterprise. They're only strong with the shields we can give them."

That line, right there, is so beautiful.
HellzCrusader chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
wonderful story. i love the semi-pun regarding gaila XD i wonder how many people caught it lol.

anyway fantastic work!
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I loved the comparison made by Scotty of Jim and the Enterprise-beautifully written story. Loved it.
aomoa chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
;u;

Happy. Very happy.
MissSilver chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I don't think I have to give you these lines back to you but I just thought that it was beautiful the way you phrased it! "McCoy arched an eyebrow at Scotty. "Usually, people assume the other way. That Jim would hurt me."

I love the insight into Kirk's character! And a protective Scotty is just beautiful!
Dark Angel's Blue Fire chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Oh I loved it thanks for sharing xx
adevotedreader chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
That was cute and adorable. Really managed to capture the affection between Bones and Kirk, and the affection between the crew and Kirk. And I have to say that Scotty's suggestion was hilarious.
randomchibi23 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Aaah! That was the funniest, most random ending ever. Adorable. This was different having it from Scotty's POV, but I really like the result. You characterized him well!
T'Key'la chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I really enjoyed this story! We don't have many from Scotty's point of view and this was a refreshing change! And I love how the relationship between Bones and Jim was slowly revealed.

Very nicely done!
Serpentira chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Loved this- especially the interactions between Bones and Scotty at the end.

However, I had to review simply because this may very well be my favourite description ever involving Pavel:

"...Chekov was tangled up in the power distributor lines like a kitten with some yarn."

Great visual. :D (And, as far as I'm concerned, awesomely in character.)
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
a lovely piece :) - just the right amount of pain, angst, romance, and a great slice of humor at the end... great work!