Reviews for Failure
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
I would certainly say you did a fine job of keeping this realistic. You are correct in that most stories built around this theme quickly evolve into overdramatic, unrealistic "emo" stories. You kept this one grounded, which is very refreshing to see. Very nice work.
Sonar chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
That was just painful to read but in a good way since I understood his emotions.
Fluffernutter8 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I liked this for a couple of reasons:

a. it has a very realistic background for Chekov. I especially liked these few sentences: "But he never experienced the fear and anxiety that most cadets felt; the terror of "Oh my god, I'm going to fail."

He always knew he wouldn't fail."

b. I like the simplistic sentence style of writing.

c. I think that trying to convince yourself that something isn't totally your fault is a much more common human reaction than "guilt guilt guilt!" all the time.

d. Chekov running, saying "I can do that!" is one of my favorite moments of the movie.

I read all your Star Trek stories, but this was my favorite.
powerofthecrazy chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Yes, I agree. Sad and melancholy without being emo. I have to agree, if he were to wind up cutting himself or something, he probably would have been booted off the Enterprise for emotional problems. This is much for realistic. And suiting someone good enough to be on the flagship at that young of age. Kudos. D
droopydog chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Yep... spot on and awesome! Loved the take on Pavel. It was perfectly done and matched the feel you got in the movie of this characer. I think you nailed it and I really enjoyed it.