Reviews for Detached
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Awwwwwww! Sweet.
Silly Buzz...
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Wow! I love this so much that I don't think I can pull myself together enough to give a coherent review, but I'll certainly try!

This was, first of all, one of the most in-character Buzz/Jessie fics that I have read thus far. The toys were neither too generic nor too over-the-top. I noticed that among your reviewers there is a mixed reaction to Jessie's dialogue, but I think you have it down pat. The hardest part about writing Jessie (I think) is that SO MUCH of her character is believable because Joan Cusack gave her such a distinctive manner of speaking, one that is neither southern belle nor Texas drawl but just ... Jessie! Getting that voice onto the page is not easy. I applaud you for doing it so well!

You hit on something about Buzz that I have been dwelling on as well: one of his built-in qualities is that he thinks nothing of risking his life, yet he can't risk his heart... at leat, not without a lot of reassurance. And, he doesn't like making a fool of himself. Naturally, he sees his Spanish side as far too open and willing to let Jessie know his heart.

There are so many other really lovely little bits and pieces in this story! The image of Buzz's plastic melted into Jessie's hand... which you later echo in the closing paragraph with the line "pure emotions burning them alive." Jessie's line "It's about goshdarn time!" is SO her! And I love that for the final paragraph you take the reader back a step, into Bonnie's perspective, as if to give the new couple just a little more privacy than they had when we were listening in on their intimate conversation. REALLY nice touch!

Final comment: you managed to write a piece that is clean, uncluttered, and simple in its language... while still making it utterly romantic! This is going in my faves and I am DEFINITELY checking out more of your writing! Please do continue with more Toy Story fics!
Diane Clifford chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Awww. this is so cute :)
Miss Mudblood chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This was so beautiful. Wonderful writing! I loved your descriptions of the scene and how powerfully you portrayed the emotions. Very fantastic work, and I adored every single word!

Your reader,

Miss Mudblood
Pixiestick-cc chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This was nice. I thought you wrote this well. Thanks for writing this.
twitterp4ted chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This was soooo good. Especially for a first Toy Story fic.

Buzz and Jessie were very much in-character, and the plot was very genuine. You nailed it!

Keep up the good work.
love and petrichor chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
AMAZING! I don't know what to say... I'm speechless.

You just hit the nail on the head from how they talk (that was the ultimate cherry on top) to the feelings felt in his fic to the whole story itself. You really payed attention to Buzz and Jessie's personalities. This is so believable and in-character I can totally imagine this actually happening on screen. I tip my hat to you! Thanks for the read! :D ~14L
Ali Camille chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
This was such a deep story, which divides it from other Jessie/Buzz stories. Thanks for writing, it was a great story!

~Princess Rosalie Hale
Funkywatermelon chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Sweet! Love these two. They are so cute!
AlreadyOnMars chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
That was really great! I loved how they were mostly in character and how Buzz actually explained why he didn't tell Jessie how he felt, awesome job!
Jennifer Collins chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Wow, that was amazing! I'm adding this to my faves right now!
Aoi Umi Opallene chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
"I've heard that I attempted to woo you on several occasions with various Spanish declarations of adoration and cultural d-dancing." Nice line; I laughed! You've got their speaking mannerisms down well. This is a very sweet piece; however, I do wonder how Buzz could be so silly as to deny that he's already won the girl he likes. I just kind of wonder why he's acting the way he is, you know? I love to see Jessie express frustration at those 10 years before TS3, though. Ha! It's well justified, and I like the way you wrote her lashing out.
linklover77 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh my goodness! This is amazing! I think you did really well in noticing the little things the characters do and say! Your attention to detail really brought me into the story! The only negative thing (very minor) would have to be that you tried a little too hard for Jessie's dialogue. I mean, she does talk like a cowgirl, but not everything she says sounds the way you wrote it. Other than that, fantastic job! Please write more!
bookworm1429 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
This was really good! I felt that you got the dialougue of Jessie just right. I could totally hear both of them sounding just like themselves. Good job!