Reviews for The Toy Store
speadee chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Good job descibing how crazy it is in a toy store, especially during the holidays. I can see the crowds and chaos as well as feel the stress and frustration from your descriptions. I don't work at toy stores, but just being a customer is enough to drive me nuts. I don't know how you put up with working there.

To tell the truth, Japan and other countries that are crowded or geographically small don't really have strip malls or plazas. The "malls" are usually in tall buildings, with each floor having a different kind of store, so the toy store would most likely be 1 or 2 floors inside a tall building. Other floors would be restaurants, department stores, and other businesses.

Actually, if Oishi is in medical school, he wouldn't likely be working at a toy store. He would have been able to find a better job, especially one that's more related to his career choice. For example, he would more likely be a receptionist or assistant at a doctor's office, or work in a drug store.

Kikumaru would more likely work in a toy store, and he wouldn't grab a bike off the shelves and ride it around, especially when there were so many people around. He is not that stupid or self-centered. As I mentioned, bad OOC is an insult to the characters. There are several other characters more likely to do that. Akutsu, Kirihara, and Horio might. Horio's cousin, Junpei, is another possibility: he might ride around boasting about his "2 years of bicycle experience."

It is like Oishi to not tolerate sexism and stand up for what's right. He wasn't being rude to the customer on the phone. The customer was the one who was being rude and unfair, so he got what he deserved.

You showed very well how sexist society is, especially when it comes to electronics. It might be considered "a guy thing," but that doesn't mean girls know nothing.

There are also many dumb people in the world, and you did a good job on showing that, too.
Coco96 chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
Awwww!

Update soon!
glowstarducky chapter 2 . 12/17/2010
OMG. Nail. On . The. Head.

this is retail at Christmas time, from the workers end, perfectly. I work reatil my self, which you must have at some point to get such an accurate portrayal of it, and this time of year is the worst.

don't forget to mention the non-stop christmas songs - and how you want to shoot yourself if you hear one more...
darkdragonalucard chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
omg this chapter is the story of my life. i'm a girl and i work at a video store its like when i answer the phone they ask for someone else even though i've been there longer than anyone else. and dear god i wish nintendo put ds, ds lite, dsi, and dsi xl on the ds games... it would save a lot of head aches. and also ppl need to do their homework when they're spending so much money on something. if im spending over 100 bucks on something i want to know what it is...
darkdragonalucard chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
poor oishi. still a pretty cool story
MoonLuna2009 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Ohh!

You have great writting skills! :O

This is a very well-writen story... thank you!

I worked one time in a toy store for Christmas... and it was like you described here! ;D

I love the Golden Pair!

Thanks!

Best regards,

Luna

(sorry for my poor english...) :)
The amazing friend of yours chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Hahaha~ Poor Oishi! (It is his fault, jftr)

How long do you think he's gonna be there to pay off med school. other than, of course, the obvious, too long...
Xx The Grey Lady xX chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
...Do you think you'd get caught if you burned down TRU?

I feel bad for Oishi and, by extension, you. I hope you get to leave that hellhole of a store soon.

Golden Pair was cute, of course, and I felt soooo bad for Eiji~ Poor thing, let him have a little fun! :(