Reviews for like smoke rising from the fire, taking me higher
jbkfgvsdnfh chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Ah! I read this a while ago and have been trying to find it for a while now. So glad I did, this is one of the best fanfictions I've read to date(and I've read A LOT! Aha!) I love this so much! 3
Siess chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
(I know this was published forever ago, but I can't help but review because:)

Holy. Shit. This was so good. Jade's characterization is so spot-on, her mother, the conflicting emotions tethered to her, what *she* feels and what *we* feel toward her, jesus, everything about this is wonderful. Her guilt paired with her love is very interesting. It makes her seem like an okay parent, from her point of view. Which, obviously, she's not, not at all. But when we see that she *does* love Jade and she wants her to have a good life, it seems okay. Until we think about her missing her daughter's plays and leaving her young kid home alone to get high with "friends" and just being a really, really selfish person which you can't be when you're a parent, it doesn't work like that. It's just... it's really interesting from her POV and I can't help but feel for her even though I want to punch her and cuddle Jade because no one should have to deal with a parent like that.

I love the entire Beck/Jade thing. I love the way you introduced Beck. I love the way Beck and Jade's relationship progresses in this story, I especially love their ending scene, the entire thing made me want to curl up and just roll around because ajslk;dfj, and how Jade's mom can tell that they're perfect for each other.

The writing is wonderful, like I said before, the characterizations are flawless, everything about this is fantastic and I enjoyed it a lot *u* Thank you so much for sharing!
Sunshine-Midnight123 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Wow! This is really great!
Tiva Bade Cavanaugh chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Very good
SomewhereBeyondReality chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Ok, this has joined my personal head-canon for Victorious. Your characterization of Jade was perfect, building up why she became so cynical and hardened (who can blame her?) You portray so well, how out of this world Jade is, with her reading and acting and being a 'neat freak'.

I love how you build Mariah's perspective, I kind of hated her but also pitied her, the way she can't connect with her daughter and is on such a different level, gradually realizing how much better Jade is and realizing the best thing she can do is stay away.

The final scene was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. The image of the two of them twined together and Mariah's jealousy. "This isn't fair. She's thirty years old, dammit, still looking for her One True Love— and her daughter manages it at fifteen?" Highlighting how Jade has risen above it all.

Anyway, I could go on but I'll leave it. Incredible writing and characterization.
AcrossTheRiverNotDown chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Loved the connections like how Beck was the prince. Also, the ending was perfect. That is all.
dmnchld1029 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Beautiful. I love that you made a character to project from and involved her so intricately into Jade's entire life. The depth is right astounding. Your portrayal of the West ladies as similar opposites gives great shape to how Jade might perceive herself apart from her mother. I like that even though it's mostly from Mariah's observation, Jade's feelings and intentions still come through clearly.

Again, beautiful. :)
infinite infinities chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Oh my god. So I always loved your humor stories because you are really fricking hilarious, but this story was so sad. I was almost crying by the end of it, no joke. I really loved it. :)
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Good Story
Ultanerd chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Wow, this is beautiful... Just beautiful.
Specificitydarling chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I adore this! It's actually very different to the personal head canon I had made up for Jade, but it's so brilliant done and written that I might adopt some of it :P Just perfect characterization of Jade and her mother and even Beck. Wonderful work!
heyHEYOhSorry chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Amazing! I adore this story. I love how you created this amazingly detailed description of Jade's mother and the life Jade lived growing up. I love the way you bring Beck into the story, I love how real you make Mariah West. One of the best stories written. AMAZING simply amazing.
chasingXstarlight chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
beautiful- jut like the rest of your writing that ive kind of fallen in love with ;) really you have serious talent and this was sad and sweet at the same time. gahhhh wish i could write like this- ammmzzing!
Lily chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
LOVE IT! This was seriously, truly excellent :)
Serina Tsuki chapter 1 . 12/5/2010