|Reviews for Freak of Nature|
| Guest chapter 19 . 3/2
An effective way to take down current civilization would be to transfigure all oil into water. Without oil, we don't have enough energy to support the modern lifestyle, and as gasoline is produced from oil, most vehicles will be rendered useless in short order. Oh, and less pollution then, too!
| Dragonlord1199 chapter 19 . 3/2
This is very good and original I hope you finish it
| d-u chapter 19 . 2/24
chemical plants, nuclear plants, hydroelectric dams... all of them poorly guarded and if destroyed would cause untold chaos and destruction. also try blowing TAXI's, buses, and trains or at least traumatize the passengers enough so they never trust public transportation again, thus destroying the transportation economy. Also try destroying the tourist industry, no tourist money make Mr. fat cat a sad boy
| Estralde chapter 19 . 2/18
Best way to break down a society like the us? Hit the major hubs off transportation. The freeways and bridges. Destroy the ports. Another major source? Oil. There is a story, I believe it's called the rise of wizards, that you might want to read.
My apologies for the disjointed brevity off this post. Trying to write from my phone
| william488 chapter 19 . 2/5
Yup. I decided I really like your story so far.
| william488 chapter 7 . 2/5
I like this story so far. Just wanted to pause in my reading of it to let you know.
| Seimika chapter 12 . 2/4
really dude pinky and the brain?
| TopazDragon chapter 19 . 2/1
I, personally, am enjoying these turn of events. It has always been a consensus that magic is an extention of the Earth. Many folk lore ties Earth, mother nature and magic together. Even more that those closer in their relationship with nature seem even more powerful. Prominent figures would be Morgan Le Fay or Merlin himself. Modern magic, or mythical magic seems more alive in the tribes of Africa, the Native Americans or any race or culture who shared a deep relationship with the Earth and all its wonders.
And then there is the suppose aspect of dark and light. Nature is both. It has wonderous miracles along with destructive forces. So when ever I see things about condemning people for dark magic, or dark creatures I'm always like, "It is part of nature. If they were never meant to be or exist they wouldn't. Or would be quickly flushed out." And this goes for Hp, Vampire diaries or any form of fandom, lore or personal opinions, I think.
So I want to applaud you for an exploration in this fic of wild and darker nature of magic, humanity and nature. Sure, at first it can seem disturbing, and it is, but it is also interesting to read. I tuink you're a pretty damn good writer for the build up, and general aspects explored of the 'dark and light', along with painting the scenes.
I've read a few author's notes of yours about how people expect Harry to not kill or eat people, I think I got the gist of that, yet I say bravo. Harry is not what we term 'human' anymore. He has animal instincts and outlooks that his experiences have gained him. The hardships and the abuse he has faced leading up to this chain. Nor is he perfect in his logic, but that makes him a beautifully flawed character. A beautifully flawed character you've set up, challenged and continue to with every choice he makes. I'm eager to see how it continues.
With the above mention, if I saw anyone who wouldn't judge and seemed as much as close to nature and it's mysteries it would be Luna. She is a personal favorite of mine. Here she lives amongst a world with fantasical and magic beings, believing still in the more impossible and fantastic that everyone else seems to scoff at. Its boggling, yet she holds strongly in the face of human cruelty (more in the books than here since we only have glimpses of her so far) and sees and respects around her. Loves them even, every imperfect and rangerous one. Imperfect because they might not seem friendly or pretty to race, such as Therestrals.
Luna seems far more intuned, much like the ancient druids that worshipped the Earth and did fantasical impossible things in the past, based on some of the cave stories anyone was uncover. So she fits , in my mind, for Harry's pack.
And on a sense he seems to realize it too. An instinctual and animal like recognition of a pack member or future mate, seeing as he seems to recognize and get lost in her scent. So it'll be interesting to see his and Luna's training and how they grow closer as friends. I do wonder if GoGo won't send Harry's previous intructor to meet pack mate, but I wouldn't be surprised that that wouldn't be the case, though.
I feel like I've babbled in my gushing of enjoying this fic so much. But it is an amazing story and I look forward to seeing how it will play out.
Thank you again and keep up the awesome writing.
| Guest chapter 7 . 1/29
You just had to involve stupid talk about balance in a brilliant fic and involve a zulu in this...
| suikofan chapter 19 . 1/15
I think Dams and power plants would be great targets
| Kitsune-Demoness chapter 19 . 1/9
Really enjoyed this story so far. The only thing I did not like was the verbal abuse against Rats as a whole. I personality have owned and breed Rats for over three years and they are some of the sweetest, friendly, loving, nurturing creatures you can come across. With a personality that's a cross between a devoted loving dog and the independence of a cat they make a great pocket pet available to the general public. Personally I did not appreciate all Rats domesticated and non-domesticated grouped together in one large whole. Just saying aside from that little bit the story is great. Keep up the good work
| Honest Lunar Raven chapter 18 . 1/9
NOTE! This is my real review for chapter 19! I apparantly reviewed said chapter when it got released but didn't read it. Probably something about being happy at an update if I dont miss my guess... This is my feedback for chapter 19.
Gosh... There are so many potential weaknesses Harry can take advantage of, many of which someone without magic would either not be able to or would have a much harder time doing so...
1. Abuse the hell out of obliviate, but make sure those around the ones he targets remember. If he targets high officials, he could sow paranoia, fear, and confusion everywhere by having certain parts of governing bodies remember things and other not. Information and the lack of it is a tool he can abuse.
2. War. There are a few ways he could go about this. a. Avoid it or causing it at all costs as it risks uniting civilization rather than shattering it. b. Cause it, particularly between the magical and mundane worlds if possible as that has the most potential for hysteria if he make sure the mundane know about obliviation and imperio. Same risks, but also the potential for gain. Makes me think of the X-men and Kurt's attempt at assassinating the president of the US.
3. Everyone wants to feel their self worth valiated. On some level, everyone wants something. If Harry can make sure more people actually have the power to go after what they want, and possibly reduce the supply of the 'wanted' then he could potentially force people to follow the 'natural order'. The reason more people don't more violently go after what they want is twofold. One, which you already said, is that people tend to follow the rules. Two, and while it dosnt apply toveryone, people don't feel the have the power to challenge the system. If Harry can supply said power, then the system would have a much harder time functioning.
4. Humanity's feeling of invincibility. Harry is already attacking this, but as long as something feels safe, it is less likely to strike out at those around them. It was a nice touch having Harry attack as many nations as possible in one night, both because it adds the fear of the unknown to it, and because of international apathy. A "Yes, a murder in France is a sad thing, but it's not really one of ours, and its not the same as if it happened here." sort of thing.
5. The reliance on oil for our tools to work. Attacking this could backfire terrifficly if it forced humanity to successfully develop or release an alternative that has been hidden for profit. Doing so would at the very least slow down and hinder society.
| Honest Lunar Raven chapter 7 . 1/9
I had the oddest thought when harry relived Scorpius' life:
"Does that make Harry Sirius' Godson Spirit-Uncle Cousin-thing? Does he have any memories of helping raise the Black kids? Then is he also his Godfather's Sorta-spirit-grand-uncle? and I thought Pureblood relations were confusing..."
Yes. Exactly that line of thought. Why THAT was what jumped out at me I have no idea...
| Jest762 chapter 19 . 12/31/2013
When's the next chapter coming? This is damn good!
| horus100 chapter 19 . 12/23/2013
Esta genial la historia