Reviews for The Untold Dangers of Suburban Grocery Shopping
Neko-Ochz chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
That was very interesting! I really like the fics with Jeanne and I like them even more when they are so well written. Very nice and really good idea. D
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
This was a good story.

Although I am surprised I liked it cause I just never liked the Jeanne storyline at all.

And I also hated the way Tony acted because she didn't deserve it, which you showed very well in this story. This story made me happier for Jeanne and for Tony.

Your story made me wonder again if they are ever going to do an episode exploring the similarities between what Tony did to Ziva to what Rivkin did to Ziva, even to both of the young women winding up in Africa.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Brilliant, bloody brilliant. I can so see this happening. Wonderfully written, I really enjoyed this. Brent was a small part but utterly perfect.

Love the Tiva family, very cute and very believable too.
Silvergrass chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
aw wow that was engaging from start to finish, reading in anticipation of jeanne meeting the child's father, the mother, and i love the touch at the end, with jeanne seeeing that tony was crying. it was interesting, well paced, and just the right length.
mia58 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Always happy to see a story from you, even a JB one, because you're one of a handful of authors who can do this subject well.

I think you captured her personality very well. I saw her as some one who tried to rise above what must have been a spoiled princess childhood, but never quite escaped its proclivities. Here you have her aware of her tendencies, but never the less, succumbing to them, just like in canon. I probably would have felt a little sorry for her if it hadn't been for her attempt at putting Tony on death row as an exaggerated form of revenge.

Really liked how Sadie is a typical five year old, not a picture perfect kid. And how natural and content Tony and Ziva are with each other. The one thing that struck me...odd was Tony describing Ziva as an assassin even after seven years and two children.

In any case, not surprisingly, great job.
serendipitous-15 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I know that it's not a popular opinion in NCIS fandom but I don't hate Jeanne, actually for the majority of the time she was part of the series I found her to be a sympathetic character, so I'm glad that your Jeanne in the future isn't bitter and that she has managed to find some happiness and at the end is even able to start moving on completely.

I adored the family scenes with Tony, Ziva and the kids, a great glimpse of happiness and contentment. I also love the small little gestures of affection that Tony and Ziva shared in the parking lot, you could easily tell that they are quite in love.

I'm glad that you're back from your hiatus, totally understand not having the time or inclination to write, I'm in the midst of that myself.
CMW2 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I hate Jeanne with the fiery passion of a thousand suns but you have taken her and humanized her in a way few people bother to. Although she was an interloper when she was on the show, one can't help but feel a bit sorry for her. I enjoyed how you didn't make her unhinged (like I did) and gave her some form of a life post Tony. Speaking of him, him accepting the blame so easily was great as was the TIVA family/relationship stuff. I enjoyed this fic greatly and I look forward to reading more from you.
JosieFB chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I was hesitant to read this story because I strongly dislike Jeanne. I always leave the room or fast forward through her scenes, and often abandon ff if she is introduced as a character in mid-story. You teased me with your promise of Tiva, so I closed my eyes and waded in. You did a really good job of carrying her annoying traits 7 years into the future. I can see her still clinging to her anger over what Tony did to her because she was always always able to manipulate the people in her life so that she got her way. She did it to Tony too, but in the end she could not manipulate him into giving up his real life and coming after her. Loved the kids and Ziva's care and concern for Tony, followed by their casual acknowledgment of their love in the mundane world of the grocery parking lot. Even though we didn't hear what they said to each other, the feelings for each other you showed us through Jeanne's eyes were beautiful!
Sophie Ranier chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I've just gotten into these future encounter with Jeanne fics and this one is great! I love it, so much and I like that you put it more in Jeanne's pov kinda cause most of the ones I've read are from tonys pov and Jeanne approaches him, but I think that Jeanne would never approach him, it'd be the other was around, so your story was spot on.

anyways, it was such a great story and so well written:D
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Good story. I liked that you made Jeanne 'happyish' and not OTT bitter. If i'd written it i'd of killed her ... I really didn't like her.
gsr4ever chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Liked this a lot. Nice job. Glad to see a fic from you again.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I absolutely adore this story! I love Tony and Ziva through the eyes of someone else. Well done!
mitford chapter 1 . 7/24/2010