Reviews for The Day After the Collapse
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 5 . 1/23/2012
wow, bummer. what happened to the "you're a cold-hearted bitch"? which by the way Cuddy is, was and always will be. story kinda ended with a fizzle?
JLCH chapter 4 . 9/28/2011
Wow this really is an incredible chapter between House and Wilson.
pgrabia chapter 5 . 8/13/2010
Oh you relentless Huddy, you! ;D Couldn't resist throwing in a little hope for them getting together at the end, could you? I think this was written very well and quite realistically. While I may not be a Huddy shipper, Canon is written that way and this 'season finale' is much more believable and palatable than what those so-called professional writers puked out last season! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
oflymonddreams chapter 5 . 8/13/2010
...that's it?

oh well.

wonderful interlude, the sort of fanfic that's better than canon.

thanks for writing!
Visitkarte chapter 4 . 8/1/2010
I feel ashamed I never reviewed this excellent story. I read a lot offline or dead tired, but if anyone deserves to get a feedback, than it's you. This was so insightful and still a great reading stuff. It also covers my feelings when I see how insensitive House gets treated. They are all a bunch of doctors and nurses around, for crying out loud, and how they behave, could never be excused with 'well, it's just House, he's a jerk, he needs no one'. Nothing could be wronger.
MondayPMAppt chapter 4 . 7/31/2010
The insights are stunning - 6 seasons and a gazillion re-runs and I never gave House's ongoing pain such detailed consideration, no matter how often I watched Hugh Laurie's amazing portrayal. After reading this chapter, I've never appreciated my fully functioning limbs as much as I do now!
ImeldaLumos chapter 4 . 7/31/2010
There's something genuine about your stories.

I remember reading your 1st fanfic, and I hoped you would receive more reviews in the future, because it was such a great mix of sheer great writing; containing both humour and touching passages. And then you got so many reviews for one of your stories, so Congratulations - so well-deserved :)

What I like about your characterisation of House is that you often portray that core of him, that side of him we rarely get to see.

And it doesn't get sentimental: that's the good thing.

It's just as we saw House when he opened up to Hannah in the last episode of season 6.

Further: this story appeals to me for that reason that we see another reaction to the events unfolding in the last ep: Cuddy saying "I don't love you" , and also his "collapse"; walls broken down. It's not that I do not like Huddy, but I thought what Cuddy said to him unlocked more interesting possible plots than a love relationship.

I'll keep reading whatever you put up... as long as it isn't about House's lost love-child turning up at his door ("what will happen? Will the grumpy doctor be able to handle the role of a teenage father - and possibly a grandfather of twins" *movie trailer voice*)
pgrabia chapter 4 . 7/31/2010
Wonderful chapter! This is exactly what I've wanted to see happen for a long time on the show. Of course, if it did, then a lot of drama would be lost and House wouldn't be so miserable all the time. Heaven knows they can't allow House to be happy for more than half an episode or so! I don't think it was OOC. I can see the 'evolving' House coming to a point where he would have such a conversation.

Thanks for sharing!
oflymonddreams chapter 4 . 7/31/2010
I'm really enjoying this, it's good! Thank you for writing. (Makes me sad to think 7th season WON'T be like this...)
slashfan54 chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
You go girl. That was hot. I think he should go for treatment to another hospital, get offered a job, that he takes, and makes a real friend. You know who isn't forced to be with him.
oflymonddreams chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
*clickies Story Alert* MOAR!
oflymonddreams chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Wow, this is GREAT. *moves quickly to next chapter*
TetraFish06 chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
Excellent chapter...well written and heart breaking! I look forward to more ;)
MondayPMAppt chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
OMG I read the title of this chapter and thought finally it might penetrate the thick insensitive skulls of those around him and you just deepen the misery! Aauugghh! I'm sticking with it but I want to pop a few ibuprofen now in sympathy. (Too early for scotch...)
pgrabia chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
Whoop! You go House and tell them like it is! I'm so glad that House and finally opened up about his feelings and told Wilson and his team what he's been thinking! Just Wilson's blaze attitude sauntering over to House's office to 'check' on him shows what a jerk he's being-but then to joke about it at House's expense? If I had a 'friend' who did that to me he wouldn't be my friend for much longer!

Conversion disorder may exist, but that's not why House has pain and as a doctor Wilson should know that. He did what, one rotation in psychiatry and he thinks he has the skill and right to diagnose House that way? House may be a little less able to tollerate the pain when he's upset but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a physical cause.

I find it incredible that people would see a man (especially one with a cane) lying on the floor and not at least offer to help him? Something at that hospital has to change otherwise House has to leave and find a place where decentg people and intelligent professionals work!

Great chapter!