Reviews for The Villain and the King
RavenishDove chapter 2 . 2/8
*Sees this hasn't been updated in six years* Gah! Nooooo... Just wanted to say that I've read my fair share of Labyrinth fanfiction and 'The Knight and the Lady' is definitely one of the best (especially considering that I usually skip the ones with smut). Your versions of Jareth and Sarah are delightful and although it's a long shot, I really hope you're planning on picking this up again sometime in the future.
A reader from be chapter 2 . 1/28
I can't believe the lousy commentary i've left five years ago. It's been so long since you wrote this and I am so sorry you didn't continue the story. Recently I have been looking for a nice fantasy book love story and after some disappointments I remembered your The Lady and the Knight and how much i loved the plot and your writing style. Good gracious, i am off to read everything yours that i could possibly find.
Magpie.in.the.Rain chapter 2 . 1/25
oh my, this is wonderful! I love your foreshadowing. Everything about this series is amazing!
Slael157 chapter 2 . 10/25/2016
I stumbled across your story 'A Lady and the Knight' and thought it absolutely wonderful. Then seeing you'd created a sequel, I couldn't wait to see where this tale would take Jareth and Sarah, not realising there were only two chapters! I would love for you to continue this, but I know that other things take priority, or sometimes inspiration passes. I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed this storyline, and to thank you for it.
Anono chapter 2 . 10/17/2016
I keep coming back to this story, it's a world with the perfect balance of tension and description and adventure. The couple stay flirty and dangerous and interesting even after they're together which is hard to achieve. I'm just so curious about what the curse is on jareth and Sarah - is the story complete? Does jareth turn back time and she forgets this ever happened? Or is there a new adventure in store for them? Why the title Villian what does Sarah do ?
Tear484 chapter 2 . 7/31/2016
please continue writing this its very good
Guiltilyinnocent chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
Just reread this for the sixth time, it's still amazing. Your version of Sarah is full rounded and bad ass. And your jareth is so likeable, powerful but understanding, conflicted but attractive. your description of time jumps isn't cliched or lazy like other writing, it's atmospheric and suspenseful. I read your bio and know your probably in another fandom at the moment, but if you could reread your own labyrinth fics you'd inspire yourself to finish! They're truly fantastic. I pray that you continue this one this year

Ps if you've any recommendations for fics could you add them to your favourites? I've read the ones you have up at the moments and loved them!
yayabrande chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
I know I reviewed a few months back, but I couldn't help revisiting. Especially after I read The Lady and the Knight again to soothe some wounds. Right now I feel again just how incredible and quality your writing is. Not only quality, but so refreshing and novel within the fandom-not something there is a whole lot of these days. Your use of dialogue vs prose is beautiful. The elements of your plot and of Sarah's character really blow me away. You have drawn me in and I'm so disappointed in myself every time I come back! I love it too much. I still am holding out hope you will one day revisit this, even if it's only a quickly made resolution of one or two chapters.
Willdew chapter 2 . 2/19/2016
Oh man... I'm pretty sad that there isn't any more of this. I understand what it's like to run out of steam, and I can see that this has been sitting unfinished for about six years, but I often wish people would still review my stuff even if it's been sitting around for a while, so here goes.

I love, love, love your characterization of Sarah. I adore how independent and kickass she is, full of wanderlust and knowledge of other dimensions and realities and worlds, of magic and supernatural creatures. I love that you have set up her romance with Jareth to be founded on the respect he has for her spirit, that he has gone to great lengths to resist the urge to "tame" her and force her to settle down with him, to trap her in the manner in which he was trapped for so very long. I love that he said his heart will be with her wherever she goes, because he has accepted that about her - that she loves to travel and be free to experience new things instead of being tied down.

I loved "A Lady and the Knight" because you did so much neat stuff with Sarah, maturing her into an adult in a different way than I recall most Labyrinth fanfiction going, where she is a college student, or an actress, or has a regular job. Instead she lives this permanently liminal experience where she is constantly straddling the border between reality and unreality, between normal and paranormal. I love that she is tough and prefers to fight and rejects being protected (although it's hot when Jareth tries). I love that you gave her a history of travelling and taking up with different companions here and there, forming genuine connections with people from other realms, like Marcus and Marib and Randhir. That she has battled to rescue multiple worlds, that she knows how to close a gate to hell, that she has conversed with seers and fortune tellers and hosts to creatures not of this Earth.

I love that you gave Jareth a backstory where he was once human, and that element of world-building you did talking about how every realm is governed by its own set of rules, and the setting up of oral contracts. I loved the detail with the amulet(s) of protection that prevent a human host from being changed ("safe passage"), and the way you described Jareth's connection to the Labyrinth as a form of imprisonment, and then later as a vocation he elected to retain.

I am disappointed that this wasn't continued, but I can sort of guess where it might be going? Now that Jareth's somewhat parasitic connection to the Labyrinth was cut by Marib, my guess is that he's aging, or that the world is dying, or something. Also, when Randhir smacked Sarah, he caused her amulet to fall off *and* she promptly forgot about it, so my guess is that this story would have ended with her realizing that Jareth's days are numbered *and* that she'll no longer be human by the end of the story (but she's pretty much been eschewing humanity for some time any how). It might have been nice for them to arrive at some kind of weird compromise where Sarah decides to stay and lend her power to the Labyrinth so she and Jareth can take turns... making things for each other to explore so neither of them get bored? The Labyrinth may need to be made... not dead... so they might end up contracted to it again? I'm not sure.

Anyways. I really, really liked this story and its prequel.
Scarlett Foxie chapter 2 . 12/17/2015
LoL, too cute.
yayabrande chapter 2 . 12/13/2015
What have I done? I saw the date this updated was nearly 5 years ago and I read it anyway! You just make it so damn hard to stay away with your wonderful Jareth and Sarah characterizations, intriguing story ideas, humor, and well smutty goodness. And the story premise for this had me hooked from the beginning. I want to know the other chapters of that book she found and what horrible secret thing is to be discovered that next day! I desperately hope you update anything. Anytime. Anywhere. I'm desperate for your writing!
esdavenport5 chapter 2 . 11/10/2015
I know this is old but I'm so disappointed you aren't continuing. I read the first part of this series in about four days I think. I was totally addicted and I've never been sucked into a fan-fiction before. If you see this, please consider wrapping up this sequel! I gotta have more! It's well written, it's just enough smut to be enjoyable but not unnatural, and the adventures are wonderful fun. Plus there's some unresolved issues with Sarah's illness. I really hope this series gets finished someday.
YokamiYoake chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Jack...
What the heck is ''The Great and Glorious Quiche Disaster''?
And you cant just stop writing! There are people waiting in agony for you to continue this ting... please, please, please continue it... *Epic Puppy Eye no Jutsu*

Sinerly, with love
YoakeYokami
raven-quoth-nevermore chapter 2 . 8/29/2015
AWHH, why is this discontinued? *sobs* you are such an amazing writer!
Lalanthe chapter 2 . 8/11/2015
Please, please, please? Please? Oh god why? Please continue.