Reviews for Philately
justalildifferent101 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Wow, holy crap. Holy crap doesn't even do justice to how incredible the characterization of Silver is here. I love how each part capitalizes on his different emotions so intensely. Longer fics that have more time to build up the character development failed to grip me as much as you did in the 3,200 words of this story. I think that constantly moving on to different tragedies in the short space of time just made it all that more intense to read. That said, if I had to name a downside, I would say that we don't get the same level of intensity from Lyra. More than anything she seems to be a sort of reactant for Silver to bounce his personality off of, but everything else is great nonetheless. Please write more SoulSilvershipping in the future!
diehard117 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
this was awesome
alexandria's genesis chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Wow, amazng, plain amazing. You should read 'redrum' a Victorious fanfic, by iloveme123, i Think. Or something like it.
quintilis chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
My favorite line (and probably one that you didn't think was the best): "The only thing he finds soothing besides the sound of silence is his mother's voice." For some reason, that tugged on my heartstrings a bit. It was great characterization - stiff, asshole Silver longing for his mother.

I also loved the Ethan/Silver/Lyra dynamic. In S/L stories, Ethan is often forgotten and I appreciated the fact that you acknowledged the fact that they go back, and would most likely maintain their friendships.

Good work!
Bishieluver01 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
An interesting change on a 100 trait challenge... it actually makes a story and goes together; nice touch. Otherwise it seems too random.
Lux-9 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Wow.

I'm inlove with Silver in this story.

Amazing.

Very well done.

Thank you for writing it.
paper lotuses chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This is just, amazing. That's all I can really say right now.
Kamen Rider Lynx chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I loved this! It's a great story of how their relationship slowly evolves over time. Great job!
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Another fantastic and realistic piece by inked kisses. You're the one that has given me the honor to read such amazing, well-written work.
I appluad you.
Ice of the Kitsune's Fire chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
I've never actually read a story based on the 100 prompts challenge that followed a half-linear storyline, much less a well written one. Kudos to you and the awesomeness of your writing!
IllyriaVerona chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
That was beautiful.
ibuberu chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was amazing in capturing the relationship between Kotone and Silver in such a dark way, I found it very entrancing because of that. The way you managed to line the prompts into a story was awesome too, though at points the sentences didn't seem to fit with what was happening before/after so it kind fo broke the effect and flow of the fic, like at 41 and 42. The end seemed abrupt with them getting back together so quickly, but still I loved the overall atmosphere and plot of this, hearts and more hearts for you! (And my favourite sentence has to be 49 :D)
change-me-like-a-remix chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
:D That is so... so... There's no one word to describe it. There were parts where I wanted to laugh, parts where I felt like crying, where I though "Soooo Cuuute x3" and others where I thought "o: What an A-hole!" It was an amazing story that made me feel so many different emotions, which doesn't happen to me much... so thank you!

I really loved this.
Snoaz chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This was really interesting, and I enjoyed reading the prompts - especially because you took some side-routes now and then (Giovanni, Ariana, Ethan, etc.)

I loved your characterization of Silver here, very ic - Lyra, though, was sometimes hard to identify with the girl you play in the games. Perhaps because I have such a... well, childlike and completely innocent view of her that I can't imagine her to be in a relationship in the first place. But enfin.

Am a little confused about the sequence. Sometimes it seemed to be chronological, but at other times you threw in an 'older' prompt. So /is/ there any chronology?

Anyway, the format was much loved, as well as the prompts itself. Especially in combination with the titles they could be quite meaningful. Favourites include 05, 12, 19, 20, 29, 44, 62, 71, 77, 86, and 88.

Oh, and there was one too many 'the' in 94, but I didn't catch other mistakes. :)

~Snoaz
kaori kuni chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
oh i just love sick relationships (except for those that turn abusive and he starts hitting her... those i hate)

somehow i feel like all these are scrambled parts of a story, like, it doesn't have an order, it just is and you still get the essence. funny how ethan's always present, he's interesting as that.

bwuaah... silver's so angsty. he's the queen of angst.

i love all those little prompts, :smiley:

thanks! kao