Reviews for Abandoned
Lieju chapter 6 . 9/21/2011
I like this story so much, I think I've read it 5 or 6 times now...

So I figured I should write a real review.

Or more like a list of things I like in this, I guess.

Well, seeing that the series has gone on for two decades, and there are so many writers, the characterization can wary from episode to episode, so I guess you can choose your own character-interpretation, but I always thought that Burns knew about Smither's feelings, and part of why he was so mean was because of it.

Because he on the other hand liked the idea he would love him no matter what, but part of him was scared of that, and couldn't believe it, and wanted to prove it wrong, and maybe see just how far he could go before Smithers would leave or fall out of love.

But he'd also feel bad for doing it, while simultaneously enjoying it.

So basically I like it how you portray their relationship here.

I also like making him realise that he eventually COULD go too far, and that things had to change one way or another, and make him face the consequences, and approach the relationship from the point of view of partnership more than sexual attraction.

Since they kinda already WERE a couple. Having that come first and anything sexual later, well, I liked it, and it stroke me more believable any of the other Burns/Smithers fics I've read.

Also Burns wasn't horribly OOC, and would still be mean and such.

I loved him pouring the cup of water on Smither's head to wake him up.

Also, this is more my personal preference, but I liked the lack of sex and the story being more about the relationship than the yaoi aspect of it.
Lieju chapter 6 . 9/10/2011
Oh, I like this one.
AnimeAddict4Life chapter 5 . 12/11/2010
awesome i love this fic
skye magus chapter 6 . 9/14/2010
*stares at the computer, so surprised my ribbons fell off..that last bit was not a joke they actually slipped off as I finished this*

all I can say is..PWOAR! SEXY!

Mr. Burns totally frenched Smithers? Him? and not the other way around? That IS different! (in a good way mind you!)

like how this ended!

Generally I like it where Mr. Burns thinks of Smithers as his slave and (of curse) is oblivious to Smither's affections and whatnot..kinda of a master/slave relationship* rather than lovers. This is a breath of fresh air and I like it, I like it alot.

(personally I never liked those ones where Smithers forces himself up Burns and I was almost convinced that this would be one of those fics..thank you for proving this otherwise! :)

*think Frozen, chappie two is coming up, I just had the worst bout of writers block known to mankind and so I haven't been jiggy with that project at all lately..but with an extra bit of tea I believe I can scrounge something up!
Lisbeth Simpson chapter 6 . 9/13/2010
Really, your fic was amazing. I loved reading it, it was so beautiful. The beginning with Smithers' letter almost made me cry. Burns' reaction to it, and then Smithers' reaction to his, were well-written, it was realistic, which is one of the most important qualities of a fic.

At the end, their dates proceeded exactly the way I imagined them to. The characters sounds exactly as they do in the show, and it's not easy, especially about Burns. I also think the idea of Burns giving Smithers a French kiss before suggesting they order a take-out instead of going to the restaurant was funny, but especially so romantic...

I'm definitely adding your story to my favourites!
Igneous Pride chapter 6 . 9/11/2010
mwaaa cuteness
DaXWhiteLighters-4678 chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
YES! I truly love you for updating so soon AND WITH SUCH AN AWESOME CHAPTER! I felt like crying when Smithers began to sobbing into Mr. burn's shoulder (I'm not being cut, it really happened) you've captured the emotion really well without going so over the top, after all Smithers has cried and groveled many times on his knees to Mr. Burns many times so it didn't seem too out of character or shocking rally Actually not at all! :) I really want to read more of this and I am so sorry I have not reviewed sooner! I really wanna hear what happens next! But please take your time with the next chapter, develop it until it is sublime and then publish it! Don't hurry to post another just because you have people who are wanting more (beleive me I did that and my chapter ten came out a piece of junk, luckily I am taking time out of my daly life to sit down and rectify my mistake) anyway, this is defintly going into the favorites I am so glad to read a fic where Mr. Smithers and Mr. Burns are finally togethor! PEACE!

sincerely, Skye Mage
sayomi-chan chapter 4 . 8/21/2010
Ah, so soon? I have to admit, I'm excited that it will be concluding soon, but this is very interesting to read! Anyway, great update and I really like how the story is progressing (despite the tragic seeming cliff-hanger. Poor Burns and Smithers!). There were just a few grammatical errors, but nothing that took away from the overall reading of the chapter. I really liked how Smithers still saved Burns even though he's really not his assistant anymore. Please keep up the amazing work as I cannot wait to read more!
sayomi-chan chapter 3 . 8/13/2010
Definitely a major cliff-hanger, but that just leaves the audience waiting for more! I really like the introduction of Adamopolis, especially when Burns is having so much trouble in his "pursuit" of Smithers. Could Adamopolis be a possible rival for Smithers affections, or perhaps just a rival in pursuit of Smithers as a valuable assistant? Hopefully we'll find out soon!

Anyway, wonderful update! It all flowed really well and I loved Burns characterized as a young boy with a crush, shoving flowers at Smithers before running off... Simply adorable! Keep up the excellent work!
Charlotte A. Cavatica chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Aha! An interesting and quite original take on Burns' awareness of Smithers. I shall be very interested to see more.