Reviews for Chains
Demoneyed Reader chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I have been Archive digging and came across your stories, Having in the past read a few sentences at a time and then copy to my handheld to be off and running again, usually to school or work. But in my case I forget to write down the writer so I forget to review. To answer your question I have been on Fan fiction since 1999 over the years I have changed my name and e-mail address. I remember a time when had both Fanfiction and what is now called in one site it was changed a few years later as the server was to small for the increase. I remember when a young writer wrote on the original side, and later someone turned it in to a major series your young adults... Does T*witches ring a bell. I have only posted one fiction since my last name change but I still write original pieces for fun.
thewrook chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I liked that you had Xena face her execution in the end. She did a good deed not for the reward that it might buy her, but simply because it was the right thing to do, and that shows that her desire to change was real. If she had been pardoned, the story wouldn't have been as powerful. A bold ending that works very well! I enjoyed this piece.

I do have one suggestion that I think would make your writing even better. For your dialogue, you include a lot of attributions (he said, she said). You actually don't need to write all of these. If you start a new paragraph when someone new speaks, they are automatically implied, and it reduces clutter a little.

I look forward to reading more of your stories!
Phineas Redux chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
I like the way that Xena talks with Gabrielle during their imprisonment and as a result experiences a deep change in her outlook. The tragic atmosphere is well drawn as the story takes its slow calm way forward to the only really appropriate outcome. The growing connection between the two women is beautifully written and the scenes where Xena quietly does all that is necessary for Gabrielle’s safety stand out by their frank simplicity.

The story has dark tragic tones, as a Greek Tragedy should have. But the overall message is one of brightness and renewed life. A truly admirable story.
A Mad Kat chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
This was very interesting. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for not saving Xena at the end...Hercules was correct, it would be an injustice to her victims in this particular storyline. But Gabby of course is another matter. I don't like a lot of the "what if" stories floating around out there but this was for all the right reasons.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This is a lot darker than I anticipated and it was good. Mainly it shows that Xena realized in the end she could save an innocent life regardless whether Gabrielle thought she could be saved. Xena pretty much knew her fate from beginning to end. Even Hercules could not save Xena from the many henious crimes she committed. It was to numerous. But Xena had one friend that she could confide in and Gabrielle at least would say a little prayer for her and remember her thru her stories. Nicely done. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Interesting twist on the usual. The end saddens me, but at the same time I saw it appropriate for the circumstances that the story set up. Good job coming up with a new storyline following through with it.