Reviews for Flying Through the Storm
brynja.h.jonsdottir chapter 22 . 2/27/2014
Loved this story, it really should have been like this. Wish there was more.
Fiannah chapter 22 . 4/12/2012
Thanks for keeping me up until 1am reading this! :P

I found it absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for giving me the closure I was so cruelly denied when they decided to kill off the wonderful Assumpta before she got her fairytale ending :)
deaconzippy chapter 22 . 1/17/2012
I'm reading your story for the second time as I flew through the first reading and I have been using fan-fiction and other like sites for quite sometime and I have read some confused pieces of writing, some pieces with shades of brilliance, but not consistently so, until I read this. I could nit pick at it, but to what avail? This is the alternative ending that so many fans of ballykissangel have been hoping for. Looking back over the series itself, we can all see that Kieran Prendiville was looking for a dramatic exit to one of its main characters, until, like other programmes, they decide to kill them off. This goes against the grain of the feel of what ballyk is! Even the theme tune is so out of place for the episode "The Reckoning". But with what you have written, it has held on to that innocence of old romance and you didn't delve into the arena of sex which is also against the nature of this programme and by holding on to this "innocence" have produced a credible ending to the story of Assumpta and Peter. By the way, your story knowledge is excellent and knowledge of the main characters is uncanny, as you can actually visualise them saying certain things or doing certain things. I have not been blessed with the gift of story telling, however I do believe that I have been given an eye that picks up something that is special and this piece of literature is special. My fondest hope is that you take up writing as a career, as I believe you would do well in this field.

Thank you again for giving a proper send off for these two beloved characters.

Deaconzippy
Nomad1 chapter 22 . 1/2/2012
I was recently reminded of how much I used to love this show, and this was exactly the sort of story I wanted to read - long and involved and upbeat without glossing over the difficulties for an unrealistically happy ending. I really like your take on Father Mac in particular, because I'm oddly fond of the guy and do like to see him written more three-dimensionally instead of just an out-and-out adversary.

This was a fantastically enjoyable read - thank you very much!
stormy52 chapter 22 . 12/29/2010
This is such a wonderful, and wonderfully written, story. This last chapter is so beautiful, and gives us all a look at what could have been. You have done a really fantastic job. One small thing in an otherwise perfect story: please be careful with your punctuation and spelling. There aren't very many mistakes; just a few. But, even one can detract from any story.

If you intend to continue this story, hooray - I can't wait. Thank you for giving us a chance to relive the lives of our favorite characters.
theartistformerlyknownasgenevi chapter 21 . 10/13/2010
Firstly, I'm surprised this hasn't got more reviews; although the ones there are uniformly praising, and rightly so.

This is a brilliant piece, especially for a first fic! I'm truly impressed; it's lengthy, but you've managed to avoid any dragging. I've been reading it over a few days, whenever I've had time. Your characterization is excellent, as is the dialogue. You've got the witty exchanges down pat, I envy you there.

And I really like the way you've written Assumpta; there's so much I'd say, but the bit that really sticks out is that line in the earlier chapters about her "never having kissed someone like that before, it was terrifying". That's so lovely, I would have loved to see Dervla act those scenes.

I really feel that each chapter deserves an individual review, but I'm supposed to be studying for exams, so I'm afraid I haven't the time. But, thank you ever so much for sharing this charming, yet realistic, piece with us. Bravo!
Angie K chapter 21 . 8/10/2010
Well, gosh, it took me a while, but I just finished this story. LOVED it! The last scene on the ferry was just perfect, they finally got some good attention and some people being happy for them. Awesome story!
Eninaj chapter 21 . 7/31/2010
Wow! That's an enormous piece of work, it took me days just to read it all! There are some really lovely moments in this story. I loved the references to Peter finally exercising his free will and the knowing comments about him looking good in a tie. You've done a really good job of keeping it consistent with the original. Well done and Thank you.
Guest chapter 21 . 7/29/2010
YAY FOR NEW BALLYK FIC

I sat and read this in one sitting and on the whole I liked it. There were some typos that made some sentences difficult to understand but it wasn't much of a problem.

Thank you again for writing fic for a fandom that is rather old, it is always a treat to find new fic.
stormy52 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
What a great story. Filled with all the anxiety and problems that they faced in the original story, but ending with the possibility of true happiness finally. This story is very well written and I hope you'll do a follow-up.
Meade BallyK chapter 21 . 7/28/2010
My heart and my head never get enough of BallyK...What a joy to read your story...I'm left with but one question...Are they coming back to BallyK?
ferndoyle chapter 5 . 7/28/2010
I'm reading "Flying Through the Storm" little by little and enjoying it so much. You've written some great dialogue! And "He was wearing the uniform. It looked tighter somehow." Love it!
McCork chapter 21 . 7/26/2010
How fitting that your story landed on July 25th - truly "Christmas in July" for your readers! It has taken me two days to savor your words. Thank you for the twists and turns ending with the wonderful happiness which A&P so rightly deserve!
potplant chapter 8 . 7/26/2010
Finding this - 21 chapters all at once! feels a bit like getting an unexpected delivery of a huge box of chocolates, except that you know that with this, having scoffed the lot, you can go back and enjoy them again more slowly later on! I'm in the scoffing-the-lot stage, and by the time I'd got to Chapter 8 (and the exchange "I'm hiding from Imelda" "I thought that was Brian's job")I couldn't put off writing to say how much I'm enjoying it.
Philthefeet chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Aargh! I'm going camping in less than an hour, and there's another 20 chapters of this that will have to wait until I get back! I don't think I can wait! Fantastic start!