Reviews for The Emotion It Was Electric
paper parasols chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
the edginess of the story is what really drew me into the story. I love your take on Black and White's relationship - the things they are and the things they can't help but do. absolutely lovely :)
it's simply me chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
A really mature take on the game. I found it was really interesting, and really well-done.
Ihearttenten chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Wow that was actually rly amazing.

Touching in a way :)
princess mei chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
This story is so different from usual Pokemon stories, but then again most of your stories are! I actually like how you've portrayed these at the time unknown characters (not like I condone any of the things they do, but it doesn't really matter in this instance). -Adore your work, seriously.
arisu rin chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I think I'm in love with this story. Or obsessed.
ohnoeugene chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
I can't quite place this story. I want to call it sweet, but its not quite sweet. Bittersweet, maybe? The dynamic between the characters is strong, which really fuels the whole piece.

As a whole it reminds me of some of Tobias Wolff's short stories, which is something I like oh so much. You have a strong voice and a penchant for making the down-and-dirty seem enticing and exotic, while not glorifying it, which is something I admire.
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Fuuuu. White's badass insane. Or just stupid. This was emotional, intense, and I loved it.

Every, freaking, second of it.
ibuberu chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Black/White! This was done in such a sad and depressing way I really could feel Black's sadness and resignation at some points, it was just damn good to read haha. I'll be holding off writing any proper fics for the BW characters until I get my hands on the games/know their characters more, but this was a unique and fine intepretation of them imo. I like how you made it very mature and realistic, almost like how the pokemon developers have finally aged up the characters to make the games more mature and realistic, haha. The ending could have been more emotional though, one moment Black was alone and then White suddenly appeared, but still, I loved the body and the beginning because they made my heart flinch with despair. Especially at the line: "White flips her hair back, smiles prettily, and it feels like she pulls a check-mate on him when she says that maybe he needs to grow up."

So realistic but sad its wonderful!
unbadger chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
The fact that you can make something out of virtually nothing is awesome. Though the fact that so little is known about B&W automatically gives you the author a bit of creative license lol. Either way, this is a great read. Your stories in general are always terribly interesting. It's a good thing. Keep it up /
qwpoijd chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I have nothing to say, really. It's just amazing, but I bet you knew that already, didn't you?
tempus terere chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Wow ... their characters are pretty dark, aren't they? It's a shame they won't be in the actual games; the way you portrayed them seemed really realistic. Thanks for this great peace of art!
anon chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Isn't it Hiun, not Huan? Huan is a person's name lol.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Wow, you're on a roll, huh? Black/White is something I got into 'cause of my friend, but your stories are always five steps up the maturity ladder from mine.

Makes them more interesting to read.

The fact that you've managed to create so much detail in such a bland concept-we know next to nothing about Black&White after all-is positively stunning. Again, I really do adore your writing style, it captures me about two sentences in. I openly admit that when I write Pokemon stories, I take quite a bit of inspiration from how you tell your tales.

But, anyway, it's really well done! I'm sure you know that already, however I have nothing else to say. I like it a lot, that's all. Thank you for the fantastic story!