Reviews for Dauntless
The Perfect Re TPR chapter 2 . 5/8
To DD soul: I think it's cuz of what their made of and how slim they are compared to tanks. They are much slimmer, and seem light enough to jump buildings, so wouldn't it make sense that their lighter? after all, just cuz their bigger (which is mostly cuz they made it humanoid), doesn't mean it's heavier. Other factors include the materials, the amount of pilots, the shape, the density of said material, and more. Keep in mind that they are light enough to fly, if given the right pieces.
DD soul chapter 44 . 5/6
How are nightmares not at least 60 tons? They're bigger than tanks, and those weigh around 32 tons. Please tell me that isn't the cannon number...
Afanofgr8writein chapter 35 . 5/1
Your brilliant your writing is eloquent easy to follow and if I had the ability to I would have this be made into a new rewrite of the franchise I don't review of ten and your writing in less then a chapter had convinced me that you should and now possibly are a novelist. Your writing is brilliant don't you ever forget it.
Ps I apologize for putting this off for so long i got so distracted by your brilliance that I forgot to tell you about it.
AngelOfChaos12 chapter 98 . 4/23
I know that you been absent in regards to this story for a while, however, I and hundreds of other will agree with me when i say this is a masterpiece, something that is truly amazing and sought after in the fanfiction community.
If you are truly abandoning the fic please state to on your story as many people, including myself, have be anxiously waiting for a new chapter or, if your not abandoning this fic, a least a status update.
Thank you for gracing this website, and community as whole, with this amazing fic
TheDarkFreak chapter 1 . 4/19
I binged this entire story over the last few days. It's very rare for a fanfic to absorb me so completely, but you managed it very well. I cannot wait to see how this continues. Keep writing!
the zedmeister chapter 1 . 4/19
Me again! My previous review was pure squee, and I feel bad for not being more specific, so here are some actual thoughts.

- Holy shit, this fic gets me RIGHT in my loyalty kink. Especially Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship.

- I really like how you handle Suzaku's insecurities.

- I get the feeling that Lelouch won't get his happy ending (leaving everything behind to live with Nunnally) but I hope things don't end as badly as they do in canon.

- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the original characters. They're so fleshed out and realistic.

- The use of POVs is brilliant. Switching from one to another like switching from world to world.

- The fic is both really true to canon and an excellent canon-divergence AU. I'm not sure it would work as original fic, since a lot of its charm is in the way it flirts with canon (like Lelouch needling Suzaku about selling him out to the emperor to become the knight of one) but it's better written, characterized, and plotted out than most original fiction I read.

(Sorry this is so disjointed, but my thoughts about the fic are kind of all over the place, lol.)

I won't lie, I'd love to see it continued since I've gotten completely sucked into this world. (It's eaten my BRAIN the past few days. I've been fantasizing about it at work!) But even if you never get back to it, thank you SO MUCH for sharing it with us.
the zedmeister chapter 98 . 4/16
Holy SHIT this fic is AMAZING. I stayed up all night to read it. (Thank God it was the weekend!)

Thank you SO much for writing it!
Sobbing Mess chapter 98 . 3/29
Holy cows, this entire story is so good omg. Idk how do people write stuff like this...I love how Lelouch have a bunch of people that are loyal to him and care for him, the prince deserves that . The plot is really interesting too and all the events that happened. I love the OCs. Your writing brings justice to Lelouch. :D
EmpressOfHiddenStar chapter 95 . 3/27
p
Moves Like Jaeger chapter 98 . 3/26
I'll be honest here; I come back to this fanfiction every 8 months or so, just to reread it. I haven't watched code grass in 3 years and never was I, a part of the fandom. But this story is so GOOD that I just keep coming back. Like 10/10. Thank you so much for writing this.
bfloyd chapter 98 . 3/22
Hello Allora,

I just wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time and care to write this work with the skill and quality that you have. This work is easily one of my favorites across all of fan fiction regardless of genre, source material, or the site on which they are posted, and just reading through it will, without fail, improve my day(s, it being so impressively long).

I say all that so that you can know how much I sincerely hope that you will continue this story when you are able or willing, and I am very much looking forward to the next update.

Respectfully, a fan of your work.
animeorbust chapter 98 . 3/22
I'm extremely excited to see that you're back! Dauntless has been one of my favourite fanfics for years now!
AriaanChan chapter 3 . 3/21
I've been reading this story thrice by now and I 'm still currently rereading this for the fourth time. The storyline is so amazing I can't help but be awed. Please update soon. I'd like to hear more about this story
LoonyZ chapter 98 . 3/19
thank you so much for the update! i hope all is well with you, Allora!
mango1242 chapter 98 . 3/16
I've spent a disturbingly large portion of my spring break reading this. I have no regrets. It's wonderful. Honestly, this story isn't my usual fanfic fare. I'm mostly read fanfic for super angsty slash and typically hate OCs. It's a testament to your writing that I love Dauntless, despite it not being my "type." Your OCs are fleshed out and interesting, changes from canon are believable, and I really enjoy the dynamic between Lelouch, Suzaku, and Gottwald and now ship the fuck out of all three of them (in my head, of course, I know that's not where this is going but a girls gotta dream, you know?) I like that Lelouch isn't canon!Lelouch, while still being a very recognizable and plausible permutation of the character based on the changes in circumstances you made. I like that your Suzaku still hates Geass, as frustrating as his stubbornness is at times, even though he (and the people he loves) haven't been a direct victim of it (as opposed to canon!Suzaku, with whom it was impossible to tell between rationalizations and actual morals). And I love his character ark of learning to accept that Lelouch isn't perfect and caring about him anyway. And I hope he learns to forgive himself too, in time. And I love that almost everyone of importance gets character development without it being heavy handed. My only (even kinda criticism) is that I think Lelouch could afford to fuck up a bit more. Some of the most amazing, emotionally potent moments of canon were the result of profoundly frustrating stupidity from Lelouch, Suzaku, and others. Dauntless comes off as a "fix ficin the words of tvtropes) at times, due to a lack of these moments, which is enjoyable in many ways (and always sufficiently justified), but lacks the heartbreaking depth of canon. But, to be fair, it's totally okay if you're going for something that's a little more fun wish-fulfillment than the sometimes enraging, tragic clusterfuck that is CG. And you manage to do it without things coming off as trite or too easy or convenient. Anyway, I know it's a long shot and that you obviously have other shit on your plate, but I really really hope you update soon. I would fucking die of happiness. But I'm thankful for all your hard work this far all the same.
7,901 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »