Reviews for Dauntless
NinthFeather chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Nice chapter! I like that you gave Kallen a decent Knightmare rather than leaving her in the older one like canon-I never understood that; if Lelouch was really a tactical genius, he'd want all of his "pieces" working at thier full potential. I'm also liking the development you're giving Jeremiah and his relationship with Lelouch. And I think you are one of the best fanfiction writers I've read as far as writing for Lloyd is concerned. You have him down completely, and it's quite amusing. I'm looking forward to seeing what the various characters do in the chapters to come. Additionally, I hope you aren't getting strep throat and that if you do, that you'll feel better soon.
oxybusy chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
My prediction:

Lelouch kills Clovis. Lelouch is going to blame the fault to the terrorists. He becomes the new viceroy.
The Sinful chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Meh. Dead, not dead. Whatever. It just means he has a greater chance of being a spanner in the works later. Also, the year is 2017 according to Britannia's calendar which started 55 years prior to ours; so it's actually in the past. However, since this world contains the super-element Sakuradite and Britannia focuses so heavily on medical and war technology, I'm willing to maintain my suspension of disbelief.
JackOfBladesX chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Never understood why people hate Suzaku, the story would get boring if there was no major conflict or power to stand in the way of Lelouch (the Knights of the Round simply DON'T match up). Not to say it wouldn't be great if Lulu recruited Suzaku into his new squad.

Anyway, nice update, can't wait to see the conclusion of this arc.
Eclipse1234 chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Suzaku is your favourite character? Oh...well, I never quite saw why people liked him so much. I just hope the main POV doesn't switch over halfway through the story; I've read one of those and it was terribly disapointing. I've always thought that Lelouch was a more complex character that an author can experiment with, while Suzaku seemed a little simple minded. Still hooked on the story, but a little apprehensive now.
ddd chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Regardless of how you like Suzaku, killing him off is a bitch move this early. he makes a brilliant antagonist, if a bit of a mary sue. But that's ok, becuase he counters the brilliance of L.L quite well..
Kelenas chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Well, I can honestly say that I'm slowly starting to get serious doubts about the direction the story is taking, possibly to the point of dislike.

For starters, there's Lelouch considering the terrorists as disposable tools, which doesn't fit with his character, at all. It's exactly the kind of Charles/Schneizel-like line of thought that Lelouch should hate with every fibre of his being, given that it is exactly the way he was treated, and avoid wherever it is even remotely possible, irregardless of who he's dealing with.

Then there's Suzaku's downright miraculous recovery to combat readiness, which is neither realistic nor believable.

In canon, he was fit for combat because an old pocket watch caught the bullet and left him relatively unscathed; here, thanks to AU, this didn't happen and left him critically injured.

You say that Britannia's medical scienece is the most advanced, which explains why Suzaku isn't dead, but there's three problems with the explanation for him being fit for combat.

One, the medical technology to turn into Jeremiah into a cyborg was time-consuming (weeks to months), bleeding-edge experimental stuff that wouldn't be available to mainstream Britannia for years or decades.

Two, Cecile and Lloyd are knightmare technicians and engineers. NOT medical doctors. At best, they know some First Aid to deal with workplace injuries, but that does NOT qualify them to resuscitate someone from clinical death after he bled out. At. All.

Third, it is extremely unlikely that Suzaku would even still be in Shinjuku; critical patients like him aren't kept on-site. They're given adequate treatment to stabilize their condition, and then rushed off to the nearest hospital (in this case either in the settlement or military base), NOT pumped full of stimulants that could either worsen the patient's condition and/or cause long-term damage.

tl;dr - Unless you plan to show a scene in the next chapter where Suzaku collapses and has to be rushed off to the hospital - possibly after being resuscitated yet again - because his body gives out a minute after he enters combat, this looks like an extremely blatant hand-wave, so that Suzaku can still screw up Lelouch's plans as per canon.

Personally, I strongly suggest toning down the severity of his injuries, for example by justifying that the armor he wore absorved the worst but left him unconscious.

Then, there's the fact that throughout his scene, Suzaku doesn't waste a single thought about the fact that Clovis/Britannia are in the wrong for ordering the execution of the entire ghetto's populace like that. Even in CG canon freely admitted that the methods Britannia used were wrong; here he doesn't seem to do even that.
Lthayer3 chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
I'm pleasantly surprised at how you kept Suzaku alive. I figured it would happen somehow, as it isn't generally good story telling to off a major character with little to no resolution, but I wasn't looking forward to an original geass ability, as more often than not, they'll ruin a good story.

Additionally, I want to commend you for what I think is probably the best portrayal of Lloyd and Cecile I have yet seen in fanfiction. So little of him is shown in the anime that what you're written of him is entirely plausible.

My one issue with the chapter is where you mention the "capillary system". I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I suspect you might have meant either 'circulatory' or 'cardiovascular' instead...

I look forward to the next chapter )
A Madder Sky chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Geez, I've been lax on my reviewing lately. Im glad I found this story while it was still on about chapter five, because it's been oretty awesome yo be able to xome home from school and have a new chapter of dauntless waiing for me. As for the matter of Suzaku, he wasnt one if my favorite charachters (cuz he was sortof a bastard to lelouch$ but he was really important. I was a little worried last chapter when it seemed lije youd killed him off. So congrats om the new chapter an i hope you update soon.
SomebodyLost chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
I have been reading this, but haven't made any comment, since, I can't think of any comment. Or plea. until now.

I have no anti-comments against you, really. Your story always keeps me at the edge of my seat! It's always... unpredictable! Hehe.

But, oh, please do not kill Euphie. Although, I think, that you WILL.

Meh, I tried.

Anyway, I think that you totally adhere to reality. Yeah, your story is totally close to reality (and making Suzaku dying than having that conveniently placed clock block the bullet is better - although, I do think that you have to mention said clock later)... until Geass came along. Ha. Yeah, I know, It's freakin called Code Geass, but I think that part seemed surreal. :D

P.S. Do you know TV Tropes?
dark wolf123 chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
wow a update on my birthday what a pleasant surprise. great story i cant wait for the next review, i also cant wait to see what changes there are in the interactions between Lelouch and the black knights.
KARASU25 chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Nice chapter! Really glad to see Suzaku isn't dead. Can't wait to see him meet up with Lelouch...or when Lelouch and Clovis meet up :D
DunmerFromAldRuhn chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Actually in Code Geass the calender Britannian empire uses starts from 55 BC - Ascension Throne Britannia (a.t.b), 2017 a.t.b just happens to be 1962 AD but due to discovery of sakuradite CG universe progressed further than ours so I guess it's okay to say that they medical technologies should be more advanced.
WolftheForsaken chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Can't wait for the next Clovis bit when he realises he's been outmatched :)
ZeroZap chapter 38 . 1/22/2011
Couple mistakes here and there, grammatical stuff and whatnot. Unimportant.

I got over my dislike for Suzaku a long time ago, and am rather happy to have him in the story. He brought a unique and perfectly acceptable point of view and a more reasoned sense of justice to Code Geass, the thing that helped it feel more of a morality struggle between two senses of justice rather then Lelouch's badass vs evil empire.

That said, your last line "He didn't like being asked to choose between saving the life of his oldest friend and saving the lives of countless innocent civilians, but that was exactly what he was being asked to do."

He KNOWS now that Clovis ordered the purge, the bloodbath of his own people, (Something I think was missed on suzaku in the heat of battle in the show) and... he's still gonna I'm sorry, a little clarification here would be great. Its 3am here also, and I too have strep throat, but I still took about 15 minutes to conclude that Suzaku is still gonna work for the people who he knows is killing his people.

Ehhh... Maybe I just don't have a soldiers mindset. Great chapter, take it easy, and I have a feeling your awesome writing is going to make me hate Suzaku all over again. ( In the good way! )
7,884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 427 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 447 .. Last Next »