Reviews for Bedtime
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Minerva McGonagall shakes her head in annoyance, but she doesn't get up; it's been years, Will knows, since Minerva felt compelled to deal with every Gryffindor infraction herself.

-Yes, _quite_ a long time; since before the Marauders, I expect.

Very good story-adore the contrast between the student speculation slash pity, and the rather good action that's actually happening not terribly far away. Snicker.
anonymouth chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
"All that marking and no sex."

Hahaha! If only they knew! I love how you've captured bpth the inquisitiveness, the innocence and the utter, unshakeable belief that self-absorbed teenagers have that they are the only ones who will ever have sex!
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
It can't be over yet! I love it! Obviously I did if I'm reviewing it with all of those exclamation points. Great job! A second chapter would be awesome, hint.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Not quite bedtime yet, but I deserve a treat, and this is just perfect with a glass of wine.

/She's herself and not herself and yet, somehow, more herself than ever./- This must be one of my favourite fanfic lines ever. I love the Will you paint in this story, and the sex scene is so exquisite and beautiful. And combining all that with the banter and the blissful ignorance of the students is a stroke of genius.

*toasts you with a glass of Organic Bordeaux*
Story of Mina Jade chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
My dearest Kelly,

Sorry for the much belated reply. I'm really ashamed. My life was a turmoil during the past few months.

In case you forgot me - I'm another big fan of Minerva McGonagall. I was the one who was obsessed with your Minerva-Severus stories like Gifts, the one who asked you which books should I read if I wanted to write so beautifully composed fictions like yourself.

Unfortunately I could not find our correspondence, but perhaps I will find them later. I will rummage my FictionPress account for that.

I hope you are not angry with me for being so rude.

Now I'm reading Engish novels to improve my English (I'm not a native speaker, you know).

I hope you are all right.

Take care,

Mina
the real snape chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Bedtime it is. Perfect moment to reread this fic.

/not after the mess he'd made of escorting her sister to the Yule Ball the previous year/ Go, Parvati!

/Minerva lifts an eyebrow. "And do Mr Finnigan and Miss Brown know the right spells?"

"Don't you remember the official Ministry-approved curriculum, then?/ I so love that delicious banter! Sets the tone marvellously for what's to ... erm ... for the next part of the story. For once, let's not make the pun.

/ the old Grubber / Grin.

/she always had a sense of humour under the drama./ Your Lavender has promise.

/Grubber and McGonagall. . .? Eeewwww/ hahaha! The little darling.

/ All that marking, and no sex."/ Quite. Absolutely. Really sums it up.

/She's herself and not herself and yet, somehow, more herself than ever./ Such a brilliant description. I so love what you do with gender in this story.

/Minerva already stretched out on the sheets, long hair loose across the pillows, her bare skin rosy in the candlelight reflected from the claret-coloured hangings/ Perhaps bedtime wasn't the best moment to read this, after all.

/"Which just proves my point," Minerva replies tartly. "It's much easier to amputate someone else's limbs than one's own."/ So perfectly IC. And she's so right about not wanting to be young again.

A delight from start to finish!
McGonagall'swoman chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Wonderful as always. I love how you managed to capture the atmosphere of the common room. That adolescent awareness of sex but only as something the young experiment with, and the inability to see their professors as human too. The contrast with Minerva's insistence that she wouldn't return to student days of drama and confusion highlights this brilliantly. It is clear that having experienced both stages of life, she knows which is the better.

The comfortable relationship between Will and Minerva was perfect. I particularly loved "as arousing sights go, it's one of the best", the few things Minerva will only tolerate post orgasm, and the fact that Will loves her for them.
MyMadness chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
"All that marking, and no sex." Cough!

Oh, my!

There is smoke coming from my computer screen, I tell you. And that was BEFORE the bit with the pipe. Good thing the students don't know the truth. Their brains would spontaneously combust. And that would just be MORE smoke.

Brava, dearie. If your writing was a bed, I could bounce a quarter off it. And, dare I say, it was ...

Smokin'!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
You are up in my top five writers of erotic scenes with actual characters in them (vs PWP with dolls or automata). I _love_ Will and her magical sex toy, as well as the dynamic between the two lovers.

And the kids in the common room... oh, I laughed, and I'm still laughing as I realize that the ones feeling sorry for the professors having 'all that marking and no sex' are exactly the ones who aren't getting any. You did a wonderful job with the characterizations of all of them.

That, and the staff-room muttering about Umbridge, which from the book I suspected must have been something ferocious. They _hated_ her with a mad, mad passion, that much was clear.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Ah children, since that's what our young lions really are - they know so little, don't they, of what we "old" folk can be up to in the safety of our personal sanctuaries.. best they learn on thier own, down the road a piece. That level of love and sensuality and devotion would just be waaaay too much for them to understand. Another stellar piece, my dear ! Our Wil truly has the best of both worlds, now doesn't she just... I expect we'd all enjoy experiencing a bit of that magic... might make the relationhips between the sexes far less fraught with bruised egos and unsatisfied desires !