Reviews for Wake
lollielol chapter 1 . 1/13
That's a nice one shot ! :)
Fav !
Sweets And Charades chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
"Such a brief, beautiful thing" describes this quite perfectly. It's so nice to see Robert happy(er) after the events of the movie, and with a good relationsship with Peter, too. Good read!
straywords chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
I loved this. Particularly the way which you portrayed Robert and Browning's relationship, as well as, "His voice just this side of a whisper, he wondered a moment how to label the skinless worm shifting at the pit of his stomach. Not quite dread or loss. Not quite painful." Excellent imagery.
Floranna chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Meep. Eep. My eyes got misty.
Senaki Mira chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Ah, Cillian Murphy: Probably one of the most gorgeous actors I know of. (You know, behind Matt Bomer.) ;P

And this fic... EEP! First of all, I find it wonderful to find a Fischer-centric fic. (There's not enough of Fischer-ANYTHING on FF!) Second, this is wonderfully well-written.

...Uh, I don't know what else to say. I'm still reeling from seeing Inception for the second time. '
minlin chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Thank you for letting Robert trust 'Uncle' Peter, and for Peter supporting Robert in whatever he does. Poor Robert needs at least one decent, healthy relationship in his life.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
This is pretty. The whole movie through and afterward all I could think was: Poor guy. Everyone treats him badly. There’s the tortuous relationship with his father, then people start screwing with his mind. Poor, poor guy.

But the whole happy dream with his father was so perfect, even if it wasn’t the real deal. It was like a hundred sappy endings combined into one moment.

Then of course maybe this is what’s best for him. Becoming someone other than his father, getting to be something other than an old man waiting to die alone. Ah, that was such an amazing movie.

Your story is now my official continuation of the movie. Very happy stuff.
infp1079 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
AHH so there's no way that I can make this review anything but a rant since I'm so excited at the moment. D Warning: severe babble ahead. Well, from the start, when I watched Inception for the first time my eyes kept being drawn to the mysterious and beautiful character that was Robert Fischer Jr., and I admittedly spent much of the movie wondering how I hadn't before seen this actor with the most godlike cheekbones and blue eyes in the world. Anyway, when the credits hit and I saw the name "Cillian Murphy," I was relatively shocked that the guy who played Fischer Jr. was also the guy who played the Scarecrow/Dr. Crane in Batman, and was very much impressed. Having watched "Sunshine," "Peacock," and "Red Eye" all in the past week, I am now thoroughly convinced that Cillian Murphy is the most chameleon-like, proficient, and convincing actor on the face of the planet, who somehow doesn't just play a character, but literally becomes it. It's genius! So at some point in the past few days I got to thinking about how you're so interested in Dr. Crane's character with your fics and stuff and I thought to myself, 'hey, maybe ****** gets it and I can go spaz to her about how awesome this actor Cillian Murphy is,' and then I guess I didn't because I thought it would seem childish or whatever, but then I find myself browsing through the Inception fanfic list looking for Fischer Jr. fanfics, and I see "Toccata No. 9" and I freak out and start spazzing so hard that it's five minutes before I can read it. D

Regarding the fic itself, it was AMAZING in every regard-content, descriptive language, characterization, etc.-and I'm so happy to be able to read more about my favorite character in the movie! (Just wondering, was the hospital/windmill scene your favorite scene too? P) Your writing is so fluid and compelling that as the reader you forget you're reading something and instead find yourself a part of whatever's being described (parallel between you and Mr. Murphy in your arts, no? P). Well, I'm sure you can tell by now that reading this has made me pretty ridiculously happy. D I can't wait to read more of your stuff!
Dscully100 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Sad and sensible. My only comment is that I thought he'd call Browning "Uncle Peter" a time or two - it'd strengthen the connection between them. Great job!
Lauralot chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I love this.

Inception has been in my head since I've seen it (twice now), and as with your plot bunny, it won't get out.

I've been scheming up various one shot ideas for it, but I feel overwhelmed at where to start. The entire movie was so detailed and rich and densely plotted, and it's more than a bit intimidating.

But this was great. You conveyed in such a short space the conflict Robert would find himself in upon waking, both in regards to his fate in the business world, with his uncle, and with the feeling he had about his father before the inception versus afterward. It all felt right, and I really enjoyed it.