Reviews for At Bay
Jasper chapter 1 . 5/27
This was so moving... I'm so happy to have read this.
Good
simys chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
This is really good
HPSmallCharm29 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Wow this was fantastic. Would love to see more of these from you, you do a great job writing schizophrenic!dean. definitely one of my favorite stories.
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Respectful and well written.
Lestat's Violinist chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Whoa... You've just dictated my entire life so far onto online-paper. Or, whatever the Hell it's called. Have you been slipping into my mind when I'm sleeping or something? This is EXACTLY what I've been going through lately...

And where are the other Schizophrenic!Dean stories? Your's is the only one I've found. *sad pandas*
Blume chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
well! what a realsitic story!

I think the whole 'schizophrenic' card was well played, and very much posible in the real world!

Cas was a nice addition, so either this is an uncanny story and Cas is really a figment of Dean's imagination, or he's real, and ho boy! wouldnt' that be awesome?

...because, think about it, the only other person who could percieve angels was Anna, and she turned out to be an angel..oh god! Dean IS michael!

..hahaha. ok, not really, but it'd be a funny twist.. anyway! so yeah, sad to hear John's not around, so i guess but he and Mary are dead. but what about Jess? never showed up? mmmhh...

ok, gotta go, good story and all!
Cynnnie chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Creepy...very well written. I was starting to think something was really wrong with Becks and kept expecting the demons were real. Very well written. You really got Dean's paranoia down and the slow clime of symptoms.
lotchness chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
That was one of the best or may be the best fic dealing with mental illnesses. It was sensitive, well thought out and you made me love this character who has such severe hallucinations, which works for me, coz no matter how good the story is, i need to like the character, u know personally. And also sam was just... it really made an impression on me.
herongale chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
You know, this was beautiful. I read it a little while ago, and it's a testament to your writing skills that even though I don't even much care for SPN, you got me to buy into and enjoy this story hook, line, and sinker. And, I'm so glad to see you writing in a new fandom... are you super excited? You must be, this is the first of two fics from you in a short period of time!

I'll read the other one too. XD I can't wait!
loveless0is0my0name chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Wow. What a great story! I love the emotion and true-ness of the story. Poor Dean though, he feels so sorry that Sam has to take care of him. But what he doesn't get is that Sam loves his brother! So sad.
NoaShado chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
In my opinion, this story is one of the best I've seen so far. It was impeccably written and, though I don't know much about schizophrenia, Dean's case seems rather believable to me. You have a great attention to detail and a real talent in describing it. I love the relationship between Sam and Dean, and you did a good job adapting it to fit your story. I liked it a lot.

-Noa
Tensleep chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This was an absolutely amazing story. I can see why you were so compelled to write it.

You really gave this a good spin - not having Dean focused on Hunting or Demons. I think that everything you added to this story makes a lot of sense, and I agree with your other reviewers - you did good. Nothing was confusing, nothing was way out there, and it flowed so well around all the information you stayed on course with. I think this is something you can be really proud of.

Keep up with the great work!
Sadie Hyde chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Hey, great job. I'm a psychiatric RN and usually when I see schizophrenia in the summary I cringe because it's almost always a mess that misrepresents the illness and the way it affects everyone around the victim.

Your story didn't do that! While visual hallucinations are not as common as plain auditory ones, they DO occur, and many many schizophrenics, particularly those who have paranoid type which is where I'd put Dean (they tend to be highest functioning but also get sicker than other classifications of schiz. You did a great and accurate job of describing the most common side effects of the meds- the cotton brain feelingi, lack of coordination etc. Many paranoid patients do have delusions that focus on the safety of a loved one and it felt like you even had Castiel making Dean have obsessive thoughts- the salt to keep Sammy safe the the compulsion to put the salt lines down; both relieving Dean's anxiety about the salt, shutting Cas up, and keeping Sammy safe.

You gave Dean insight into his illness which is something I'll always struggle with determining if it's a good thing- patients tend to be more compliant with treatment when they know they're sick- or a bad thing- they recognize that their life split into before and after. Before they got sick and afterwards. I don't know there's any empirical evidence on this but it seems to me patients with insight tend to be more prone to depression. Not like mood disorder with psychosis like schizoaffective, but like major depression. I feel like these pts more likelow to attempt suicide because they know what they've lost, you know-

Everything done accurately and RESPECTFULLY. kudos. The story still flowed really naturally and seemed utterly plausible. Sammy is sadly, rare in family of schizophrenic because it's just SO HARD to watch as a disease steals someone you love from you that many parents and siblings just give up.

Not Sammy though. Great job.
realityfling18 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010